RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2010 Big 12 Tournament
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladyvols76

PostPosted: 03/13/10 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Amanda Thompson with that Ford F-250 body and the way she's been playing moving up in the WNBA Draft........

What do you think?

I would love her to drop into Indiana's lap. She would be an excellent backup for Ebony. Doesn't solve our outside shooting, but it would be a better addition than Wirth (who I don't hate at all, but would prefer Thompson)

justynkarr

PostPosted: 03/13/10 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ladyvols76 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Amanda Thompson with that Ford F-250 body and the way she's been playing moving up in the WNBA Draft........

What do you think?

I would love her to drop into Indiana's lap. She would be an excellent backup for Ebony. Doesn't solve our outside shooting, but it would be a better addition than Wirth (who I don't hate at all, but would prefer Thompson)

Im starting to really love the Idea of AT with the Fever too. I think they are my top pick for her although I would be glad if she went anywhere. Smile I don't know if I could handle her playing in Tulsa if she had to play with Andrea Riley. That would just be too strange.

rustedsyringe

PostPosted: 03/13/10 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EXTREMELY stressful game. I couldn't believe the shooting efficiency of Riley! Thank god she cooled off in crunch time.

Amanda Thompson had 17 points, 18 rebounds, and 5 assists. She made 6 big baskets in the first and got a million rebounds in the second.

Will OU win tomorrow? If AT keeps it up, Danielle make more than 4 field goals, and Nyeshia's head is in the game for an entire 40 minutes--then yes, they will. TA&M gives OU fits though, so we'll just see...

justynkarr

PostPosted: 03/13/10 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rustedsyringe wrote:
EXTREMELY stressful game.

Understatement.

rustedsyringe wrote:
TA&M gives OU fits though, so we'll just see...

Understatement. (again)

pilight

PostPosted: 03/13/10 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
pilight wrote:
Nebraska is toast. I'm changing channels to Gardner-Webb vs Coastal Carolina.

Lucky bastard. You getting the other Big South semi too?

Yep, got them both.

Top two seeds, Gardner-Webb and Liberty, in the final tomorrow.

PostPosted: 03/14/10 1:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Does she make OK State win?

An argument could be made either way...
Now, THERE'S a loaded factoid. I had a huge epiphany about that girl today. I'm afraid she's not gonna be a contender in the "W" without some major changes.

rustedsyringe

PostPosted: 03/14/10 1:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Andrea Riley will be a contender if the W adapts to the NBA three-point line, for sure! lol

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 03/14/10 2:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Now, THERE'S a loaded factoid. I had a huge epiphany about that girl today. I'm afraid she's not gonna be a contender in the "W" without some major changes.

The most intriguing game next weekend will be to watch the rest of the Cowgirls play 40 minutes with normal responsibilities on offense. And should they win, the second-most fascinating will occur two nights later...

Bretter

PostPosted: 03/14/10 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Championship going on NOW on FSN.

A&M leads OU 51-50 with 12 minutes left in the 2nd half. Just started tuning in so I don't know how its been going.. but should be a good finish!

bricklayer

PostPosted: 03/14/10 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just woke up and tuned in to the Danielle Adams show! Man, she has
a sweet shot around the hoop. Don't know why the aggies aren't looking for her first every time down.

But Oklahoma, gotta make those layups! Just keeping the game interesting.

bridgehere

PostPosted: 03/14/10 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bricklayer wrote:
Just woke up and tuned in to the Danielle Adams show! Man, she has
a sweet shot around the hoop. Don't know why the aggies aren't looking for her first every time down.

But Oklahoma, gotta make those layups! Just keeping the game interesting.

They missed the lay-ups all game long.

second, sherri should have kept hartman in. she is faster than carly.

great game for a&m. they have a great bench, as well as, a great starting 5. i am proud of ou. and am ready for the ncaa tournament.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/14/10 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing at Gary Blair telling the committee not to put him in Geno's region.

PostPosted: 03/14/10 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amanda Thompson 20 points, 19 rebounds.............against A&M

tournament stats AMANDA THOMPSON
Amanda Thompson averaged 17.3 points and 15.0 rebounds in three tournament games.

watch out all you doubters, she will make it in the wnba........will accept your bowing to my superior knowledge regarding this matter, when the time comes..... Twisted Evil

justynkarr

PostPosted: 03/14/10 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bridgehere wrote:
Amanda Thompson 20 points, 19 rebounds.............against A&M

Amanda Thompson averaged 17.3 points and 15.0 rebounds in three tournament games.

watch out all you doubters, she will make it in the wnba........will accept your bowing to my superior knowledge regarding this matter, when the time comes..... Twisted Evil

AMEN!

Also, I will stand by you when others are bowing. Wink

rustedsyringe

PostPosted: 03/14/10 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OU was clearly too tired to pull it out down the stretch. I'm proud of them, but there were wayyy too many missed opportunities (lay-ups) to beat A&M and their three point shooting.

IMO, the best positive for OU from this game is the emergence of Joanna McFarland.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/14/10 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A & M deserved that one, I guess.. Wink My Sooners musta been tired, eh? Dammmm that FS network! I get ALL the Big 12 tourney games BUT the final. Duh. Oh, well. AT was rockin' it, eh?

bballgrl

PostPosted: 03/14/10 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rustedsyringe wrote:
OU was clearly too tired to pull it out down the stretch. I'm proud of them, but there were wayyy too many missed opportunities (lay-ups) to beat A&M and their three point shooting.

IMO, the best positive for OU from this game is the emergence of Joanna McFarland.

I've noticed during the tourney that the team that plays the 2nd game of the day in the semi's seems to lose in the ship games. baylor played the second game and lost to tam the next day. okla state played the second game and lost to okla the next day. okla played the second game and lost to tam the next day. So maybe the teams that played the 2nd semi game was to tired to win the next day. (think I got that right). However, the big 12 tourney was very exciting to watch!

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 03/14/10 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bridgehere wrote:

...on 38% shooting.

rustedsyringe

PostPosted: 03/14/10 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
bridgehere wrote:

...on 38% shooting.

YOU'RE RIGHT!

bballgrl

PostPosted: 03/14/10 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

by the way, did anyone else notice how Aquanisha Franklin has picked up a lot of weight. I know tv makes you look somewhat bigger than you are but I noticed this the last time they showed her on tv. She wasn't that big when she was playing so I guess not playing has contributed to her weight gain. I am not knocking her but I was surprised to see her size.

newkid

PostPosted: 03/14/10 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
myrtle wrote:
I like to watch Gary Blair in the line after the game. He clearly stops lots of players and says nice things to them. He always gets smiles.

And he's a good recruiter too. He gets the players and they are still coming. An excellent coach with a personality to match.........

In 23 seasons as a collegiate head coach, Blair has only had one losing season. He began his coaching career at South Oak Cliff High School in Dallas -- a predominantly African-American, and lower-income neighborhood. He has spent 35 years guiding, supporting and believing in young women, especially young African-American women. He is a good basketball coach, and as far as I can tell, a better person. It's no surprise to me the success he has recruiting. He is the real deal, and I think the kids can sense it. Here's a couple of profiles that give a feel for the man.

http://www.kbtx.com/namesandfaces/headlines/53818397.html

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/032209dnspoblair.37e1ff4.html

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/14/10 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
A & M deserved that one, I guess.. Wink My Sooners musta been tired, eh? Dammmm that FS network! I get ALL the Big 12 tourney games BUT the final. Duh. Oh, well. AT was rockin' it, eh?

Isn't it stupid? We live in the Big 12 region and are supplied with the Big 10 channel. Go figure....... Question

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/14/10 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The closest first round games for Texas A&M is Austin, Texas........

I know they're not supposed to match up teams from the same conference if possible but they can't just move out Texas out from their own floor either.

I don't know if I can take 4 red ass-whippings in the same year from them........ Rolling Eyes

bridgehere

PostPosted: 03/14/10 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
bridgehere wrote:

...on 38% shooting.

granted my post was just stats, just like your stat. it doesn't tell it all. it doesn't say how tough those shots were, how many she had to take in the last seconds, etc

But if I am going to put stats out there, I need to accept your stat.

bridgehere

PostPosted: 03/14/10 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

They deserved it. No shoulda's, woulda's, or coulda's. A&M is a very good team, with a very good bench. Blair is a great coach. The young women seem like good people, too.

Now, FSN, no good words for them. Everyone should have been able to watch any games they wanted with no regard for where they live. Sorry, Howee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: