RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2010 Big 12 Tournament
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bretter

PostPosted: 03/07/10 9:13 pm    ::: 2010 Big 12 Tournament Reply Reply with quote

Bracket: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/kan/sports/w-baskbl/auto_pdf/2010bracket.pdf

Nebraska is (obviously) the #1 seed. Iowa State managed to nab the #2 seed, while #3 Oklahoma and #4 Texas A&M also will receive first-round byes. Action starts on Thursday and goes for four straight days, I believe for the first time ever.

Should be some good action Very Happy

ScottS

PostPosted: 03/08/10 7:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've never been to KC for one of these. Are the hotels full?

Bretter

PostPosted: 03/08/10 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ScottS wrote:
I've never been to KC for one of these. Are the hotels full?

Not sure, but the men's tournament is also this week at the Sprint Center. Might be a clue that hotels will be fuller than usual (but I could be wrong).

justynkarr

PostPosted: 03/08/10 4:40 pm    ::: Re: 2010 Big 12 Tournament Reply Reply with quote

Bretter wrote:
Action starts on Thursday and goes for four straight days, I believe for the first time ever.

I am thinking they went to the 4 straight days last year in OKC but I may be wrong. I know before that there used to be a day off before the championship game. OU has already played back-to-back away games this year and won both so hopefully this bodes well for them. Although I'm kinda hoping we don't have to play Baylor in BG's first game back from suspension. Confused

swok34

PostPosted: 03/08/10 6:08 pm    ::: Re: 2010 Big 12 Tournament Reply Reply with quote

Last year was the first year the format changed.

I know trying to get a hotel downtown is near impossible unless you booked it in December. But it's been a couple of years since I tried to get a hotel close. We usually stay out a little way, lots of great hotels down Main Street as you head to the Plaza.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/08/10 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And don't miss out on the great steaks and barbeque, if you like this sort of food..........

Bretter

PostPosted: 03/11/10 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The action begins today.

Kansas State & Texas Tech tip off the first game at 11:00 CT, while Missouri & Texas follow at 1:30.

Night games will see Kansas take on Oklahoma State at 5:00 with Colorado & Baylor to follow at 7:30.

I predict.. TX Tech, Texas, Baylor, and Kansas in an upset Twisted Evil

bricklayer

PostPosted: 03/11/10 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

free video online at http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=204865964

k-state up 52-45 on tech with 30 secs left.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/11/10 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

K-State wins 59-51. That has to end the "TT making the tournament" fantasy.

PostPosted: 03/11/10 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fontenette is playing for the 'horns after spraining her ankle against baylor sunday. texas up 20-10 halfway through the 1st.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/11/10 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I think they were knocked out when Baylor beat them. Shocked

^Too soon?

Mathies to LA 2013
bricklayer

PostPosted: 03/11/10 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

*big sigh of relief*

texas holds off missouri 64-59.

i swung my arm in celebration much the same as earnesia williams did when mizzou got called for a travel with 12 seconds left and down by 4. tigers looked all discombobulated, wasting 10 seconds before the turnover.

horns had a ton of turnovers. well, looks like only 19 total, but it sure felt like more. they tended to come in bunches.

amanda hanneman was 7-13 from 3 for missouri, who stayed right with texas the last 30 minutes of the game.

bridgehere

PostPosted: 03/11/10 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
pilight wrote:

^Too soon?

Smile yeh, too soon!

bridgehere

PostPosted: 03/11/10 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bricklayer wrote:
*big sigh of relief*

texas holds off missouri 64-59.

i swung my arm in celebration much the same as earnesia williams did when mizzou got called for a travel with 12 seconds left and down by 4. tigers looked all discombobulated, wasting 10 seconds before the turnover.

horns had a ton of turnovers. well, looks like only 19 total, but it sure felt like more. they tended to come in bunches.

amanda hanneman was 7-13 from 3 for missouri, who stayed right with texas the last 30 minutes of the game.

In the media interviews afterwards, it appears Amanda has been playing with a stress fracture for the last two weeks.

bridgehere

PostPosted: 03/11/10 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am not sure that I have ever listened to a Cindy Stein interview. She was impressive. I hope her next job is one she really wants and enjoys. If she coaches again, I wish her great success.

mekanos

PostPosted: 03/11/10 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bridgehere wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
pilight wrote:

^Too soon?

Smile yeh, too soon!

Barncastle played, with a mask.

Bretter

PostPosted: 03/11/10 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oklahoma St. leads KU at the half, 42-34. Riley has 20 points & 5 boards (5-18 FG, 7-8 FT). KU played a great half defensively AND offensively until the last 2-3 minutes, when the Cowgirls stretched a 1-point lead to an 8-point lead after Riley hit a 3 at the buzzer. ( Evil or Very Mad )

KU had about three opportunities to take back the lead. Davis leads KU with 14 points & 5 boards (5-5 FG, 4-5 FT).

pilight

PostPosted: 03/11/10 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mekanos wrote:
bridgehere wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
pilight wrote:

^Too soon?

Smile yeh, too soon!

Barncastle played, with a mask.

She took it off for part of the game.

PostPosted: 03/11/10 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watching the games from an OU Sooner perspective, I am happy with the teams that have won so far. The better the team that might play our potential opponent the better. Either the upper seed goes forward after beating someone, making it easier for us or the underdog goes forward whose chances of playing at their highest level is less. I hope OU plays Colorado, but I am not worried about Baylor. If we go on to the semis and beat Neb, which I believe is possible, then I feel we have a good chance against Iowa St or A&M (provided they are in the semi's), because they will play each other tough.

Probably doesn't make sense to anyone else, maybe some other people who watch the Big 12 on a regular basis knows what I mean.

FS02

PostPosted: 03/11/10 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carolyn Davis! I think KU has found their star for the next 3 years.

bridgehere

PostPosted: 03/11/10 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OSU having a scoring drought. 71-66 1 min and 30 sec ku ball

bridgehere

PostPosted: 03/11/10 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Davis a Freshman? the Ku player.

Bretter

PostPosted: 03/11/10 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bridgehere wrote:
Is Davis a Freshman? the Ku player.

Yup. Her and Engelman are both freshmen, Sutherland is only a sophomore. Goodrich was also a freshman. We are still gonna be a good team next year.

Bretter

PostPosted: 03/11/10 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Cowgirls win it, 76-69. Riley finishes with 37, Davis with 31 for KU - but she was the only Jayhawk in double figures.

I am still very proud of this team. They fought as hard as they possibly could, even when they were down by 10 late. This game was pretty indicative of how the season has gone - Tough basketball, a few mistakes, came close, a little bad luck, but no cigar. Hopefully we'll tear it up in the WNIT.

justynkarr

PostPosted: 03/11/10 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bridgehere wrote:
Watching the games from an OU Sooner perspective, I am happy with the teams that have won so far. The better the team that might play our potential opponent the better. Either the upper seed goes forward after beating someone, making it easier for us or the underdog goes forward whose chances of playing at their highest level is less. I hope OU plays Colorado, but I am not worried about Baylor. If we go on to the semis and beat Neb, which I believe is possible, then I feel we have a good chance against Iowa St or A&M (provided they are in the semi's), because they will play each other tough.

Probably doesn't make sense to anyone else, maybe some other people who watch the Big 12 on a regular basis knows what I mean.

Won't OU have to play Iowa State in the Semis? And then A&M/Neb in the final, if the seeds hold up? Or am I reading the bracket wrong...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: