RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Nebraska(3) vs Kansas State
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/06/10 1:14 pm    ::: Nebraska(3) vs Kansas State Reply Reply with quote

Noon start CT at Kansas State

Free audio
http://www.huskers.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&id=384093&catid=0&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=100

Live stats
http://www.kstatesports.com/newLiveStats/Basketball/index.html?GAME_STAT_ID=474882&db_oem_id=400

Shades

PostPosted: 03/06/10 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

21-17 KSU with 10:58 left in the half

Shades

PostPosted: 03/06/10 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

39-29 KSU 3:30 left in first half

FS02

PostPosted: 03/06/10 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

45 - 38

K-State has 8 threes.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/06/10 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

45-38 KSU at the half

KSU starters logging heavy minutes: 20-19-19-18-14
KSU 8-12 from three

Griffin line: 16 min, 16 pts, 3 reb

FS02

PostPosted: 03/06/10 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whoa, I went to the kitchen and Nebraska is ahead.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/06/10 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nebraska is kicking it to start the second half

11-0 run to start the half

Shades

PostPosted: 03/06/10 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelsey Griffin takes her 23rd charge of the year.

51-48 NEB with 16:16 left

Shades

PostPosted: 03/06/10 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelsey Griffin has the ability to take over games

56-48 NEB 15:13 left
Griffin: 21 pts, 3 stl

FS02

PostPosted: 03/06/10 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Do you know why they call her "Mo"?

Shades

PostPosted: 03/06/10 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

60-52 NEB 11:58 left

Shades

PostPosted: 03/06/10 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Do you know why they call her "Mo"?

No idea...it'd be a good nickname for Lindsey Moore

Shades

PostPosted: 03/06/10 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

65-56 NEB with 7:26 left

Griffin up to 28 pts

FS02

PostPosted: 03/06/10 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's unusual that Neb doesn't have many assists because they've mostly been driving straight to the basket. Kelsey Griffin is shooting 14 of 18 and a couple shots just rimmed out.

FS02

PostPosted: 03/06/10 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

W00t !!!

What other BCS conference teams have gone unbeaten in a regular season??

Shades

PostPosted: 03/06/10 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nebraska does it! Perfect regular season in the Big 12......... 29-0

Nebraska wins 82-72

Griffin line: 36 pts(career high) on 15-19, 6-8 ft, 7 reb, 3 stl, 1 blk, 1 asst, 0 TO in 36 minutes

NPOY........NPOY........NPOY

bridgehere

PostPosted: 03/06/10 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What I saw with Nebraska, when they played OU, was that they could just take over a game. That game was close until the last three minutes and then it was a blow-out. I would love to see Nebraska play for the championship against Uconn. I really think they are the team that can give them the best game. And, I am not being a Big 12 homer, I truly think that.

FS02

PostPosted: 03/06/10 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bridgehere wrote:
What I saw with Nebraska, when they played OU, was that they could just take over a game. That game was close until the last three minutes and then it was a blow-out. I would love to see Nebraska play for the championship against Uconn. I really think they are the team that can give them the best game. And, I am not being a Big 12 homer, I truly think that.

I think it will definitely have to be a team from another conference (not the BEast) that beats UConn.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/06/10 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bridgehere wrote:

What are the odds that the committee does something utterly moronic like putting UConn and Nebraska on the same side of the bracket?

PostPosted: 03/06/10 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
bridgehere wrote:

What are the odds that the committee does something utterly moronic like putting UConn and Nebraska on the same side of the bracket?

Wouldn't that basically mean that the committee believes Nebraska to be the weakest #1 seed? You could probably argue that Stanford is better than the Huskers, but who else? Tennessee?

I really hope that scenario doesn't happen.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 03/06/10 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
bridgehere wrote:

Fun potential F4 cmatch-ups could be Stanford #2 & Nebraska #3 seeded over all. Then it'd be classic if Tenn came up as #4 overall. Then you'd have the potential for the game "everyone" is supposed to want an Evil Empire South vs. Evil Empire North match up.

PostPosted: 03/06/10 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I mean - this is the year to get UConn and Tenn set up for the semi-finals - and I for one want to see that game - more because UConn has already taken down most of the other really talented teams in the country, let's see what the Vols can do against them. They have some size, they have some athleticism on the perimeter. It could be interesting.

#1 UConn
#2/3 Stanford, Nebraska
#4 Tenn

God only knows 5 thru 8.

PostPosted: 03/06/10 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bretter wrote:
pilight wrote:
bridgehere wrote:

Wouldn't that basically mean that the committee believes Nebraska to be the weakest #1 seed? You could probably argue that Stanford is better than the Huskers, but who else? Tennessee?

I really hope that scenario doesn't happen.

That's what I had thought, that the #4 seed (or 4th #1 seed) was on the same side as the #1 seed. A friend said that the number 1 seed and the number 3 seed (third #1 see)are on the same side of the bracket. I haven't been able to find an answer on the internet and I did not want to ask here. I do think my friend is right. Because in 2002, I am pretty sure Ok. was the 2nd #1 seed and Tenn was the third and Tenn. thought they should be the #2 seed. So, basically Tenn and their fans said the real final was the semi with Tenn and Uconn which Uconn won. Ok beat Duke that year, when Alana Beard was a Freshman; then lost to Uconn in the finals.

So, people, how does it work? The 1 and 3 seeds on the same side of the bracket and the 2 and 4 on the other?

bridgehere

PostPosted: 03/06/10 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
bridgehere wrote:

I never know if you are being serious or not. So, do you think there should be a potential for Uconn and Neb to meet in the finals or not? Seriously.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/06/10 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bridgehere wrote:
pilight wrote:
bridgehere wrote:

I never know if you are being serious or not. So, do you think there should be a potential for Uconn and Neb to meet in the finals or not? Seriously.

I would absoutely put them on opposite sides of the bracket. Why set up two undefeated teams to meet in the semis?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: