RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Info Request...Big 10 Conference

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/05/10 3:27 pm    ::: Info Request...Big 10 Conference Reply Reply with quote

it seems all I saw this year was Ohio State or Michigan State.

Why is the Big 10 considered so weak this season?

Creme has 4 teams in...OSU, State, Iowa, adn Wisconsin. Do you feel they all deserve it.

Michigan he has as 1st team out...should they be in?

Who are players of interest to watch come NCAA tourney time (other than Prahalis and Lavender).

Does any team have a legit chance of moving forward to the elite 8 or beyond?

Thanks!

pilight

PostPosted: 03/05/10 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iowa is the only one of the four in that's questionable. I don't know who you would replace them with that's any better.

The Big 10 is considered weak because...

A: They're on TV less than the other major conferences unless you get the Big 10 Network, which not everyone does.

B: They play 18 conference games, which drags down the RPI of the teams and the conference as a whole. The B10 was 2nd in non-con RPI and has five teams in the top 30 of team RPI in non-conference play, both trailing only the Big 12.

C: The recent failures of Ohio State in the tournament have been projected onto the rest of the conference, even though the B10 as a whole has posted results similar or better than the Big 12 over the last few years.

D: It's not top heavy like the other majors. Instead it's deep with decent teams. Only two teams had fewer than eight conference losses, easily the least among major conferences.

Michigan shouldn't and won't get in.

The B10 has had an E8 team in five of the last seven seasons. They have a good chance to get there again, depending on matchups.

PostPosted: 03/05/10 4:22 pm    ::: Re: Info Request...Big 10 Conference Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
it seems all I saw this year was Ohio State or Michigan State.

Why is the Big 10 considered so weak this season?

Creme has 4 teams in...OSU, State, Iowa, adn Wisconsin. Do you feel they all deserve it.

Michigan he has as 1st team out...should they be in?

Who are players of interest to watch come NCAA tourney time (other than Prahalis and Lavender).

Does any team have a legit chance of moving forward to the elite 8 or beyond?

Thanks!

I've been a Big Ten basher all year long, and my opinions haven't changed.

Look at the records of the teams, esp in the Big Ten. Not impressive. Folks like to say that the Big Ten is balanced because all of the teams had at least 13 overall wins. I don't see what merit that brings if you can't perform well in the conference. OSU had the best overall record in the league obviously, but still lost to MSU at home and IU and Purdue on the road. The rest of the teams weren't much above .500. That's nothing to brag about.

We're putting our faith in an OSU that team that typically flames out early, an MSU team that may have lost DeHaan depending on her injury, a Wisconsin team coached by Lisa Stone....nuff said there, and potentially Iowa who is held together by a dirty Band-Aid.

I don't see any Big Ten team lasting past the first weekend.

I'd like to say the Big Ten is a strong conference, but I just don't see it.

PostPosted: 03/05/10 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Iowa is the only one of the four in that's questionable. I don't know who you would replace them with that's any better.

The Big 10 is considered weak because...

A: They're on TV less than the other major conferences unless you get the Big 10 Network, which not everyone does.

B: They play 18 conference games, which drags down the RPI of the teams and the conference as a whole. The B10 was 2nd in non-con RPI and has five teams in the top 30 of team RPI in non-conference play, both trailing only the Big 12.

C: The recent failures of Ohio State in the tournament have been projected onto the rest of the conference, even though the B10 as a whole has posted results similar or better than the Big 12 over the last few years.

D: It's not top heavy like the other majors. Instead it's deep with decent teams. Only two teams had fewer than eight conference losses, easily the least among major conferences.

Michigan shouldn't and won't get in.

The B10 has had an E8 team in five of the last seven seasons. They have a good chance to get there again, depending on matchups.

LOL pilight thinks Elite 8, and I say they won't make it past the first weekend. I guess we'll find out, but I don't holdout much hope when OSU is the team leading the pack.

I still don't think more than 2-3 Big Ten teams deserve to be in the tourney this year.

PostPosted: 03/05/10 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who's Michigan State and Wisconsin's big players this year?

colt13

PostPosted: 03/05/10 5:01 pm    ::: Perception Reply Reply with quote

I still don't think Iowa is in yet, but they are playing better.

OSU and MSU are the only 2nd weekend threats.

Michigan was on the bubble because of the Xavier win. But they are 5-5 in their last 10, and under .500 in conference. The bubble has popped.

gopher5

PostPosted: 03/07/10 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Who's Michigan State and Wisconsin's big players this year?

Both are balanced and have had different players step up. Alyssa Karel is the best player on offense for Wisconsin. She is a good 3 point shooter and can finish on drives to the basket.

I like Kalisha Keane for MSU. She comes off the bench, but is a good scorer and passer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: