RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2009-10 NCAAW fantasy league
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MattinDE

PostPosted: 10/31/09 12:36 pm    ::: 2009-10 NCAAW fantasy league Reply Reply with quote

I would like to have an NCAA women's basketball fantasy league for the 2009-2010 season. Here are the rules:

- 16 woman roster with 11 woman starting lineup (3G, 3F, 2C, & 3Util)
- live draft Monday, 11/9 @ 8PMCST (9PM EST)
- this is tentative, please let me know if another day would be better
- stats count only for starting lineup players (bench player stats don't count)
- owners must post their daily lineup in this thread - bench players' stats don't count for your team so this is REALLY important
- scoring determined by pts, reb, ast, steals, blk, 3pt%, FG%, FT%, PFs, &
TOs
- official scoring website is ESPN.com
- player eligibility is Division I only (no DivII, DivIII, or intramural players)
- open free agency - first to the punch wins
- transaction limits:
- two transactions in a 24-hour period
- three total transactions in a 48-hour period
- trade deadline: January 29th
- updates at least once a week
- If eight or more people join (in even numbers), this will be a head-to-head league
- odd number owners or less than eight owners will make this
rotisserie (reference http://www.chafee.net/wnba for this format)
- live draft will have snake format (the last team to draft in the first round will draft first in the second round and so forth)
- players can be drafted only once by only one team (two different teams cannot have the same player)
- commish to draft dead last (unless anyone has any objections given the snake format)

I couldn't find a stats site that differentiated between SF & PF and SG & PG. Oh, well. That's OK. Also, I made the rosters big for two reasons:

- to encourage owners to draft players from mid-major conferences
- to allow owners to draft their favorite players (if they're still available) and still have a good team (there is SO MUCH TALENT out there).

hustlefan will be the official scorekeeper. He took stats last year and did a tremendous job keeping up with all the players through all their games through the season. His efforts are greatly appreciated.

When you're looking at ESPN.com (Yahoo! Sports is good for stats, too) to scout players, please keep one VERY IMPORTANT thing in mind. The stats have not been updated as to what year players are.

If you are interested in joining, please leave a note here. If the draft time does not work for you, DON'T BE SHY. This league is for everyone's enjoyment and I'm willing to work with any owner who wants to play.

Comments and questions are encouraged. Questions will be answered promptly. I hope you join in. This could be a LOT of fun!
myrtle

PostPosted: 10/31/09 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd like to play Cool

Huskie

PostPosted: 10/31/09 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Left Coast Crusaders are in for another year! Very Happy

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 10/31/09 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm in!

Queenie

PostPosted: 10/31/09 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As long as the main action's here instead of off on the Chicago board or somewhere else somewhat off the beaten path, I think I can give it another shot. (No offense to Chicago Sky Talk; it's just not somewhere I remembered to check, and so things slipped from my mind.)

PostPosted: 11/01/09 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
As long as the main action's here instead of off on the Chicago board or somewhere else somewhat off the beaten path, I think I can give it another shot. (No offense to Chicago Sky Talk; it's just not somewhere I remembered to check, and so things slipped from my mind.)

You're not the first person who has expressed interest making rebkell the home site for the league.

Chicago Sky Talk does have a chat site, though. The chat site will give us a good place to hold the draft (rather than relying on a hundred message board posts). Post draft, though, this will be the main site for the league.
hustlefan

PostPosted: 11/01/09 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To get to the chat room on the Chicago Sky for the draft on Nov 9, the address is http://chicagoskytalk.net/chat/login.aspx

PostPosted: 11/02/09 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some Questions/Clarifications:
Want to make sure the lineup that counts is always 11 of the 16 players on our roster?
If we have 6 players who are out with injuries, (this is hopefully remote possibility) can we name an injury replacement?
And we can change the 11 that count daily?
If we don't change it, I presume it stays the same as the previous day?
And the lineup must include the number of players you mention at each position? Are we going by the position their teams' sites list them as? Some list wings - are they G or F? Also some use 'post' for both their center and forwards. The 3 util players can be any positions?
Exactly how are we incorporating 3pt%, FG%, FT% into the totals?
And one more: I'm assuming preseason games don't count?

This sounds like crazy fun. I hope more will join.

Huskie

PostPosted: 11/02/09 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="myrtle"]Some Questions/Clarifications:
Want to make sure the lineup that counts is always 11 of the 16 players on our roster?
If we have 6 players who are out with injuries, (this is hopefully remote possibility) can we name an injury replacement?
And the lineup must include the number of players you mention at each position? Are we going by the position their teams' sites list them as? Some list wings - are they G or F? Also some use 'post' for both their center and forwards. The 3 util players can be any positions?

This sounds like crazy fun. I hope more will join.[/quote]

It is crazy fun and I, too, hope more will join in! (Just don't draft any players I want...lol! Laughing )

MattinDE

PostPosted: 11/02/09 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Some Questions/Clarifications:

This sounds like crazy fun. I hope more will join.

Hi, Myrtle. I'll answer your questions in order:
1) Yes, the lineup will always be 11 starters (with five remaining roster players on the bench).
2) Yes, we can have one IR position. If a player is gone for the year, you could just cut her and pick up someone else (instead of wasting the IR slot on someone who won't be back).
3) By all means, YES, you can change your lineup daily. I encourage everyone to change their lineup daily to make the most of the 16 players you will have.
4) If you don't change the lineup, it will stay the same as the previous day. But I would encourage everyone to be as active as possible to maximize the potential of all 16 players on the roster.
5) The lineup does have the restriction of being as I've listed it on the rules post.
6) If their roster on espn.com shows that a player plays more than one position (G/F or F/C), more power to you. You can take full advantage of her/their versatility in the fantasy league.
7) The three util player slots can be anyone from any position.
Cool The percentage stats will be made shots divided by attempted shots. Each percentage will count as one stat.
9) Preseason games do not count. The regular season begins on Friday, 11/13.
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/04/09 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok minor technical glitch. As far as I can tell, the team rosters are not yet up on ESPN. They are on Yahoo so can we go from that? I've found several players whose position designation is different on the team's site from that on Yahoo....so have no idea which one ESPN will choose. And it does make a difference.

MattinDE

PostPosted: 11/07/09 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ok minor technical glitch. As far as I can tell, the team rosters are not yet up on ESPN. They are on Yahoo so can we go from that? I've found several players whose position designation is different on the team's site from that on Yahoo....so have no idea which one ESPN will choose. And it does make a difference.

Since that is the case, the league will recognize the position designations on Yahoo! Sports. Thank you for letting me know about that. Smile
MattinDE

PostPosted: 11/07/09 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just a quick reminder, the draft is two nights from now (Monday, 11/9) at 9PM EST (8PM CST) in the chat room on chicagoskytalk.net. Here is the draft order:

1) Hoops9092
2) Queenie
3) myrtle
4) Huskie
5) hustlefan
6) MattinDE
fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 11/07/09 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd like to try. Never done a fantasy league before.

Queenie

PostPosted: 11/07/09 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Count me out. I'm not a big chat person.

PostPosted: 11/07/09 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
I'd like to try. Never done a fantasy league before.

Sounds good. You will have the sixth pick of the draft. I will go seventh. Welcome aboard! Smile
MattinDE

PostPosted: 11/07/09 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Count me out. I'm not a big chat person.

The chat is only for the draft. Nothing more. Everything else will be on the message boards. The chat room will help us finish the draft in a lot shorter time than on the boards. I hope you'll stay in.
newkid

PostPosted: 11/08/09 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, I'll give it a go. I've also never done this before.

MattinDE

PostPosted: 11/08/09 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

newkid wrote:
Okay, I'll give it a go. I've also never done this before.

Great! Welcome aboard! Smile

With Queenie's departure, the draft order is now:

1) Hoops9092
2) myrtle
3) Huskie
4) hustlefan
5) fancy_daniel
6) newkid
7) MattinDE
fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 11/09/09 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My god this is hard. I'm finalizing my choices and boy, after the first 30, you can get stumped.

newkid

PostPosted: 11/09/09 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't have time to do it in the detail that I would want to. Oh well, it'll still be fun. Very Happy

MattinDE

PostPosted: 11/09/09 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

newkid wrote:
I don't have time to do it in the detail that I would want to. Oh well, it'll still be fun. Very Happy

I know what you mean. My job has been a KILLER lately. If I had more time, I would've written up a full mock draft like I did for idchafee's WNBA league.

1-1/2 hours to the draft on chicagoskytalk.net's chat site.
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/10/09 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Question: If I waive somebody and pick someone else up, is that one transaction or two?

MattinDE

PostPosted: 11/10/09 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Question: If I waive somebody and pick someone else up, is that one transaction or two?

That counts as one transaction. Smile
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/10/09 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Excellent...and when can we see who has who on their rosters? If it would help I can publish mine (?), at least until I waive the first player, lolol

Here's mine:
 Jenna Smith, C Illinois
 Ta'Shia Phillips,C Xavier
 Julia Whitted, C IUPUI
 Emma Markley, C -F Harvard
Alysha Clark, F Middle Tennessee St.
 Gabriela Marginean,F Drexel
Amber Harris, F Xavier
Emma Cannon,F UCF
 Larrissa Williams,F Tulsa
Shanara Hollinquest,F Chattanooga
 Courtney Taylor,G-F Houston
Siarre Evans G-F East Tennessee St.
 Janae Voelker, G-F Oral Roberts
 Shanae Baker-Brice, G Towson
Liz Repella ,G West Virginia
 Casey Garrison, G Southwest Missouri St.

Last edited by myrtle on 11/11/09 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: