RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Game Five: Indiana @ Phoenix 10/9/09
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
uncommonclay

PostPosted: 10/08/09 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Hey kids...us older folks in the stands have to live through this too you sound like ya'll are trying to kill us...plus they stop selling Beer before the forth quarter...so no Overtime Wink
better buy an extra "insurance" beverage late in the third just in case then ... ; )

cherrystreet

PostPosted: 10/08/09 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Actually, Mercury fans what you really want is for your team to get more than 95 points and hope your opponents, the Fever, shoot around 40%. Then you win. Lin Dunn said her team did their thing on defense that they just didn't score enough. LLL agreed. She said if you hold Phoenix b/w 85 and 90 most nights you win because you have really limited their offense.

She did laugh and say Dunn is funny though because everyone knows her team really doesn't shot that well. That last night was the real offense. It should be fun. To bad I'm going to miss the game but will certainly be taping it. I hope the Merc come out with the victory even though most feel Catchings deserves a ring.

caune

PostPosted: 10/08/09 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cherrystreet wrote:
Actually, Mercury fans what you really want .

we just want the win, pretty, ugly, however, we'll play it the way the refs call it, we just need to win!

PostPosted: 10/08/09 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And although I didn't bother mentioning it here the last couple of games, seeing it's the last game of the year: line most places is Phoenix -5, having largely started off at -5.5 (seemed a little high to me too, so I can understand it being gambled down a bit). Over/under is floating around 178 or 178.5 depending on where you're shopping, mostly having come down a little from 179.

PalaceAthena

PostPosted: 10/08/09 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While I'm personally rooting for the Fever, I would love to see a great game from both teams, and then, may the best team win. The four "stars" in the series -- even though I think all us here know Penny is a star, I'm not sure that most in the media acknowledge it -- have struggled in some capacity in at least one game. Taurasi struggled with her shooting early in the series, Cappie had a particularly tough time in Game 2, Catchings had a rough Game 1 and fouled out, and Douglas couldn't buy a shot in Game 4. It would be a fitting end to this great series if all the "stars" had a great game in Game 5. Of course, if this happens, that would mean the outcome would likely come down to the supporting cast to determine a winner. But in a sense that would be the appropriate way to end the series as well -- with Penny or Tangela or Hoffman or TSB or January being the difference for the winner.

24duzitall

PostPosted: 10/08/09 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the dot com says game is at 9. is that phoenix time? do i need to nap?

PostPosted: 10/08/09 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

24duzitall wrote:
the dot com says game is at 9. is that phoenix time? do i need to nap?

6:00 PHX time would be 9:00 Eastern Time

Richyyy

PostPosted: 10/08/09 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Times listed at WNBA.com are always in Eastern Time. It says 'ET' or 'All Times ET' on there somewhere (different places depending on which schedule you're looking at).

storminsf

PostPosted: 10/08/09 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aww, its the last game of the season, but what a way to end it! I want to see happy merc fans tomorrow, and not too disappointed fever fans. Here's to a great game! Very Happy

Long Live the WNBA!

GO STORM GO!!!
24duzitall

PostPosted: 10/08/09 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Times listed at WNBA.com are always in Eastern Time. It says 'ET' or 'All Times ET' on there somewhere (different places depending on which schedule you're looking at).

thanks, i just looked at it again and it indeed says all times et. been looking at it for years and never saw it... Embarassed

PostPosted: 10/08/09 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The WNBA Finals has come down to a deciding game seven times; 1997, 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007. The margin of victory in those games has never been less than five (2003 & 2006). In games not won by the Shock, the margin has never been less than nine (1998). The average margin of victory in the seven games is 10.7.

PostPosted: 10/08/09 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mercury better sell-out the US Airways Center or else. The Fever did their job for two games, the Mercury should at least sell-out for game 5.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
cherrystreet

PostPosted: 10/09/09 7:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad, they probably won't. I thought the fanbase were such fanatics back in the Cheryl Miller era. Now, the just seem like good fans that like to see their team win.

Caune, I know you posted earlier that you guys would just want any win and of course that's true. However, I don't think the Mercury can win ugly against the Fever. Ugly means that the Fever controlled the tempo and played great defense. Phoenix needs to score and push, push, push.

Good luck to both teams' fans. A good clean game with no injuries will be great. Let's get'um Mercury.

gpark33

PostPosted: 10/09/09 7:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good luck to both teams tonight but Go Fever! I am hoping the late start means I don't miss the tip.

PostPosted: 10/09/09 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Phoenix !!!!!!
caune

PostPosted: 10/09/09 8:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The Mercury better sell-out the US Airways Center or else. The Fever did their job for two games, the Mercury should at least sell-out for game 5.

Let's just do a news flash for ya'll......
Arizona is one of the hardest hit States in this economy...I posted some of this in another thread but I really don't think people realize the severity of our problems here.

We have suffered way worse then most states due to our housing bubble (home values down over 35% Shocked) and our major industries, construction and tourism are on life support, our unemployment is and has been over 10% for well over 6 months. People just are not spending money on things that aren't essential right now.

It has nothing to do with team support and everything to do with an economy on life support!

PostPosted: 10/09/09 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so sad that this is the end of the season, but so stoked to have game 5 in our house!!! This is what pressing all season has afforded us! lets bring home the title! Go Mercury!!!

PostPosted: 10/09/09 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FYI for all y'all... Just talked to my rep, no tickets available aside from SRO. This city's ready to witness somethin' special in the 6-0-2!

Can't WAIT! Only 7 hours away... ugh @ work, why couldn't I be elsewhere where I can find some kinda distractions to make time go by faster?

shrrew

PostPosted: 10/09/09 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

You know, it is not hard for the web programmers to put the standard routines in to convert the times to the viewers local time.

They don't do it because for them nothing but the east coast exists. I think for them the world is still flat too. Confused

PostPosted: 10/09/09 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Mercury! Win the Championship tonight!

PostPosted: 10/09/09 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blzntr33s wrote:
FYI for all y'all... Just talked to my rep, no tickets available aside from SRO. This city's ready to witness somethin' special in the 6-0-2!

Can't WAIT! Only 7 hours away... ugh @ work, why couldn't I be elsewhere where I can find some kinda distractions to make time go by faster?

Got scared I wouldn't be able to get tickets for 'Lil Dee and her Dad, but being a STH has its privaledges - thank you Sean @ Merc offices!!!

Full house, rockin' crowd - can't wait!!!

Let's play Mercury basketball. 40 minutes of massive attack, runnin with the wings of eagles, defending with passion, feeling the joy and love that will emminate from every fiber of my being. ALL IN FOR ONE MORE WIN!!!

GO MERCURY!!!

PostPosted: 10/09/09 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Come on East, be the Beast! WIN IT ALL!

This is it, win the battle and win the war!

PostPosted: 10/09/09 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ive tried to avoid this topic as much as possible because then it would set in that this will be the last game sticky of the year... Embarassed Crying or Very sad ....But i hope this season ends with a bang..hopefully close game..im pulling for PHX in this one of course but i wouldnt be upset if Indy won...The Wnba needs a new champion a first timer and someone in the east other than DETROIT ! But does anyone have the official count if it is a sell out or how many tickets have been sold ?

PostPosted: 10/09/09 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The last game of the season.

Game Five.

Phoenix.

Indiana.

Diana Taurasi.

Tamika Catchings.

Cappie Pondexter.

Katie Douglas.

Penny Taylor.

Ebony Hoffman.

DeWanna Bonner.

Briann January.

This is going to be awesome.

PostPosted: 10/09/09 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

braveniler58 wrote:
The last game of the season.
Game Five.
Phoenix.
Indiana.
Diana Taurasi.
Tamika Catchings.
Cappie Pondexter.
Katie Douglas.
Penny Taylor.
Ebony Hoffman.
DeWanna Bonner.
Briann January.
Tangela Freaking Smith.
This is going to be awesome.
i heard that ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17

Jump to: