RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Todays obscure WNBA mention, Swoopes addition

View previous topic :: View next topic  
caune

PostPosted: 10/05/09 5:17 pm    ::: Todays obscure WNBA mention, Swoopes addition Reply Reply with quote

OK so I'm reading at jezebel.com, an article called "Dear Pumas, or vaginas are not registered to vote" about why we women should vote for Sarah palin for President and I come to this stellar section...So vote for Swoopes 2012!
Underlined quote is from the original article, the second is Jezebel bagging on the original article...oh just go read the whole thing Wink

Quote:

"Here's the difference: Sarah Palin played women's basketball. That's how she got the nickname "Sarah Barracuda." And she's had to maintain that same toughness and sensibility as she entered the world of politics-which is, after all, no less a contact sport."

Well, fuck, if that's the logic, Sheryl Swoopes 2012! She made it to the WNBA. Can the Thrilla from Wasilla top that?

http://jezebel.com/5374497/dear-pumas-our-vaginas-are-not-registered-to-vote

PostPosted: 10/05/09 6:27 pm    ::: Re: Todays obscure WNBA mention, Swoopes addition Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
OK so I'm reading at jezebel.com, an article called "Dear Pumas, or vaginas are not registered to vote" about why we women should vote for Sarah palin for President and I come to this stellar section...So vote for Swoopes 2012!
Underlined quote is from the original article, the second is Jezebel bagging on the original article...oh just go read the whole thing Wink

Quote:

"Here's the difference: Sarah Palin played women's basketball. That's how she got the nickname "Sarah Barracuda." And she's had to maintain that same toughness and sensibility as she entered the world of politics-which is, after all, no less a contact sport."

Well, fuck, if that's the logic, Sheryl Swoopes 2012! She made it to the WNBA. Can the Thrilla from Wasilla top that?

http://jezebel.com/5374497/dear-pumas-our-vaginas-are-not-registered-to-vote

Yeah, Sarah Barracuda actually got elected to a public office. Can Sheryl Swoopes top THAT?

Actually, I think Sonja Henning is more qualified. She's played for a NCAA Championship Team (Stanford in 1989-90 season), an WNBA Champion (Houston Comets in 1999), and is the only WNBA ex-player who ever got elected to a public office (Portland School Board several years ago).

PostPosted: 10/05/09 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mad love for Henning!

Realcomplicated

PostPosted: 10/05/09 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: