RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kelly Miller crying during the game last night...WTF????
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnnaSASSfan

PostPosted: 09/02/09 2:01 pm    ::: Kelly Miller crying during the game last night...WTF???? Reply Reply with quote

Can someone tell me what is up with Kelly Miller? She started crying while on the court playing. Shocked
She was guarding Becky and I guess Becky was frustrating her because suddenly a tech called and she was crying. I know Becky can be frustrating, but I have never seen anyone start crying while trying to guard her before. I mean she was running around after Becky and crying at the same time. She went over to the refs crying, I have no idea what she told them but she point at Becky at one point Shocked

Does she do this often?

Last edited by AnnaSASSfan on 09/02/09 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
JumpMan23

PostPosted: 09/02/09 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Becky's had me hurtin' a tiny bit before, too. I've found Allison Stokke, though, so it's cool now.

littlemosquito

PostPosted: 09/02/09 2:15 pm    ::: Re: Kelly Miller crying during the game last night...WTF???? Reply Reply with quote

AnnaSASSfan wrote:
Can someone tell me what is up with Kelly Miller? She started crying while on the court playing. Shocked
She was guarding Becky and I guess Becky was frustrating her because suddenly a tech called and she was crying. I know Becky can be frustrating, but I have never seen anyone start crying while trying to guard her before. I mean she was running around after Becky and crying at the same time. She went over to the refs crying, I have no idea what she told them but she point at Becky at one point Shocked

Does she do this often?

Yes. She has a nickname called 'Crying Miller'.

Becky on NBC , Becky ACL injury , Becky insidestuff , Becky insidestuff2 , Becky talks about dad , Becky Ambush Makeover , Becky shootaround in CSKA , Becky in Spain , Becky in Spain2 , CSKA victory in World League , NBA Access video , Audio Interview 1 , Becky High School video

I believe firmly, however, that everything happens for a reason. I know that God has guided my footsteps from day one, and this situation is no different.

-Becky Hammon #25
petrel

PostPosted: 09/02/09 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To get the obvious joke out of my and everyone else's system:

Jennifer Gillom: Kelly, could you come here for a second? Which team do you play for?
Kelly Miller: Well, I'm a Lynx.
Jennifer Gillom: Well I was just wonderin' why you get frustrated and get called for a technical when for the first time in a long time we're within two possessions of the Silver Stars. Now, you just sent Hammon to the free throw line and she's hitting 90 percent from the stripe! And you're giving San Antonio the ball back! Start using your head. That's the lump that's three feet above your ass.
[Kelly starts to cry]
Jennifer Gillom: Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying! THERE'S NO CRYING IN the W!
Roneeka Hodges: Why don't you give her a break, Grandma-ma...
Jennifer Gillom: Oh, you zip it, Roneeka! Van Chancellor was my coach at Old Miss and he called me a talking pile of pigshit. And that was when my parents drove all the way from Abbeville to see me play the game. And did I cry?
Kelly Miller: No, no, no.
Jennifer Gillom: Yeah! NO. And do you know why?
Kelly Miller: No...
Jennifer Gillom: Because there's no crying in the W. THERE'S NO CRYING IN the W! No crying!

pilight

PostPosted: 09/02/09 2:22 pm    ::: Re: Kelly Miller crying during the game last night...WTF???? Reply Reply with quote

AnnaSASSfan wrote:
Does she do this often?

Um, yeah, she's been known as Cryin' Kelly since she was at Georgia, at least.

PostPosted: 09/02/09 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thus the long ago given nickname, Cryin' Kelly Miller. A leopard can't change its spots. Very Happy

PostPosted: 09/02/09 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anybody know what the technical was for?

PostPosted: 09/02/09 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

irk wrote:

I don't know. All I saw was Becky run by her, the whistle blew and they called a tech shortly after. Becky grined and went to the FT line. Miller was already crying at that point. She may have been crying before. She went to the refs to plead her case, pointed at Becky and cried some more.
Then we get the ball back and she runs over to cover Becky and was crying even harder. She was really crying, like tears and having to wipe her nose crying. We were all asking...is she really crying? Shocked

akronborn

PostPosted: 09/02/09 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There has to be a video of this. I just can't believe it. Shocked Confused

shock6666

PostPosted: 09/02/09 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That girl needs a good therapist....

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/02/09 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

akronborn wrote:

It sounds very exaggerated Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 09/02/09 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
akronborn wrote:

I wish it was. She was crying. I didn't see what happened. All I saw was everyone stop when the whistle blew and Miller talking to the refs, and yes she had tears running down her face. I thought it sweat but then she walked over to Becky and was facing my side of the court so I got a good view. Then she went back over to the refs and talked some more. She wasn't just sniffling, she was out right crying with tears, and she continued to play while crying. I don't know what she did or said to warrant a T but Gillom didn't seem to argue (from what I could see) and it happened right in front of her.

DTP

PostPosted: 09/02/09 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe she got hit in the eye, nose, or some other sensitive place in the face that made tears come down her eyes. I've been hit a few times in like the nose or in the eye and have had tears come down my eyes although I wasn't crying. And that may have been why she was complaining too....

uncommonclay

PostPosted: 09/02/09 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i didn't see this, so i can't make a game contextual reply ...

but whatever the cultural problem with crying is, the problem is totally overrated ... i really see no down side ... cry away people ... let it out ... it's totally healthy ... i always feel better for it ... i'm sure you do too ...

suppressing it is a lot more f'ed up in the long run ... imho ...

HotForHammon

PostPosted: 09/02/09 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

uncommonclay wrote:
i didn't see this, so i can't make a game contextual reply ...

but whatever the cultural problem with crying is, the problem is totally overrated ... i really see no down side ... cry away people ... let it out ... it's totally healthy ... i always feel better for it ... i'm sure you do too ...

suppressing it is a lot more f'ed up in the long run ... imho ...

She didn't act like she got hit, I mean ususally if they get hit you can tell.

Someone told me she was jawing at the refs after Becky slaped the ball away from her and no foul was called, and she started crying after the T was called.
And I have no problem with crying either. But she was still crying when play resumed and trying to guard Hammon while crying. That didn't work out too good...lol!

uncommonclay

PostPosted: 09/02/09 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HotForHammon wrote:
And I have no problem with crying either. But she was still crying when play resumed and trying to guard Hammon while crying. That didn't work out too good...lol!
laughing and trying to swim also doesn't work too good ... ; ) ... i guess crying is not a good multi-tasking activity ...

ddubdawg

PostPosted: 09/02/09 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

uncommonlyclay, that's fun.

LuceeDyamond

PostPosted: 09/02/09 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

petrel wrote:
To get the obvious joke out of my and everyone else's system:

Jennifer Gillom: Kelly, could you come here for a second? Which team do you play for?
Kelly Miller: Well, I'm a Lynx.
Jennifer Gillom: Well I was just wonderin' why you get frustrated and get called for a technical when for the first time in a long time we're within two possessions of the Silver Stars. Now, you just sent Hammon to the free throw line and she's hitting 90 percent from the stripe! And you're giving San Antonio the ball back! Start using your head. That's the lump that's three feet above your ass.
[Kelly starts to cry]
Jennifer Gillom: Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying! THERE'S NO CRYING IN the W!
Roneeka Hodges: Why don't you give her a break, Grandma-ma...
Jennifer Gillom: Oh, you zip it, Roneeka! Van Chancellor was my coach at Old Miss and he called me a talking pile of pigshit. And that was when my parents drove all the way from Abbeville to see me play the game. And did I cry?
Kelly Miller: No, no, no.
Jennifer Gillom: Yeah! NO. And do you know why?
Kelly Miller: No...
Jennifer Gillom: Because there's no crying in the W. THERE'S NO CRYING IN the W! No crying!

Okay so this is my FAVORITE part of A League of Their Own! I still quote this often! LOL! This was so funny! Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 09/02/09 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey, I'm always in Kelly's corner on this one - she cries because she cares; because she gives a Schmidt! Not always the case with some pro athletes.

Kelly's still a good ol' Rochester, MN gal at heart, and that's good to see.

sambista

PostPosted: 09/02/09 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
akronborn wrote:

a lot of us have seen her cry. over next to nothing. i didn't see this one, but i believe it. where's that video?!

PostPosted: 09/02/09 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
akronborn wrote:

No. She was seriously crying. I heard people around me saying she was crying and I didn't believe it until I saw it. I know the Merc fans called her Crying Kelly, but I never understood why until I saw it last night.

I don't know why there was a T called on her. I didn't see her complaining or anything like that. But I saw the tears and they continued while she sat on the bench. It surprised me, despite her nickname.

www.myspace.com/nothingmoremusic
HistoryWomensBasketball

PostPosted: 09/02/09 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When the twins both played in the NWBL I saw them as well dispense of a few tears. No biggie to me. Always enjoyed watching them.

Petrel, nice avatar. looks like its right off a red heads program

www.barnstormingamerica.net
suemar

PostPosted: 09/02/09 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

irk wrote:

Drizzling on the ref. Page 244 of Appendix A of refs handbook. Appendix A was added when the Millers were drafted...... Wink Couldnt help myself.

I really wanted to see that game and wanted Lynx to win.
I know what its like to get overly passionate and cry in frustration.
Dang if it doesnt come out at the weirdest times. And it takes talent to wipe your nose, run and guard someone at the same time Laughing

PostPosted: 09/02/09 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
akronborn wrote:

a lot of us have seen her cry. over next to nothing. i didn't see this one, but i believe it. where's that video?!

i think Becky must have stank and it made her eye's water, so she was telling the ref Becky should have to shower before playing.

PostPosted: 09/02/09 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
i think Becky must have stank and it made her eye's water, so she was telling the ref Becky should have to shower before playing.

Harsh! Though not impossible I suppose, "eau de Becky", ha, ha! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: