RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sisters in College
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEF34

PostPosted: 12/22/08 2:07 am    ::: Sisters in College Reply Reply with quote

I was watching the Tennessee-Stanford game and they mentioned Angie Bjorklund has a sister Jami who plays at Gonzaga and in another thread it was mentioned that Morghan Medlock and her stepsister Cherrish Wallace play for Baylor, Camille LeNoir a senior from USC has a sister Danielle LeNoir who is a freshmen at Washington State, and of course Ashley and Courtney Paris are starring for Oklahoma.

So I was wondering if there are any other sisters who are both currently playing D1 basketball, whether its for the same school or different schools.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 12/22/08 2:13 am    ::: Re: Sisters in College Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
...So I was wondering if there are any other sisters who are both currently playing D1 basketball, whether its for the same school or different schools.

Liberty University (where Katie Feenstra went) currently has triplets on their playing roster! Can't remember their names at the moment, though. All the sisters have names that start with M.

PostPosted: 12/22/08 2:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
...So I was wondering if there are any other sisters who are both currently playing D1 basketball, whether its for the same school or different schools.

Liberty University (where Katie Feenstra went) currently has triplets on their playing roster! Can't remember their names at the moment, though. All the sisters have names that start with M.

now that you mention it I remember, there was a big story about them on espn a few years ago (I think, could have been last year) and there's some talk about one of them, Megan (think that's her name) being a good WNBA prospect.

thanks for reminding me, I forgot about them

newkid

PostPosted: 12/22/08 4:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kristen and Kat Nash at Texas. Redshirt Soph and true Soph, respectively.

Kailapea

PostPosted: 12/22/08 9:15 am    ::: Re: Sisters in College Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
So I was wondering if there are any other sisters who are both currently playing D1 basketball, whether its for the same school or different schools.

Chinyere Ibekwe @ UCLA and her sister Ify Ibekwe @ at the University of Arizona.

PostPosted: 12/22/08 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
StevenHW wrote:
GEF34 wrote:

now that you mention it I remember, there was a big story about them on espn a few years ago (I think, could have been last year) and there's some talk about one of them, Megan (think that's her name) being a good WNBA prospect.

thanks for reminding me, I forgot about them

Yes, I just saw this today.

PostPosted: 12/22/08 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jessica and Jasmine Adair play for GW.

Jessica is on the preseason Wooden Award list.

GEF34

PostPosted: 12/22/08 1:01 pm    ::: Re: Sisters in College Reply Reply with quote

Kailapea wrote:
GEF34 wrote:

Chinyere Ibekwe @ UCLA and her sister Ify Ibekwe @ at the University of Arizona.

what was I thinking, how did I forget about them Wink

GEF34

PostPosted: 12/22/08 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thanks for all the responses, I didn't think there were some many sisters playing at the D1 level, I think that's school especially for ones that are able to play with each other. The ones at different schools, I wonder how they feel when the play their sister's team?

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/22/08 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nobody mentioned the Gilbreaths at USC.

UVA has two sets of sisters. Freshmen Britny and Whitny Edwards are fraternal twins from Charlotte. Their dad, Theodore "Blue" Edwards, played in the NBA for about ten seasons. Sophomores Jayna (redshirt) and Kelly (true) Hartig (from Colorado) are the other sisters on the team. During the early 90s, Virginia had the Burge twins, Heidi and Heather. They're identical.

Grumps

PostPosted: 12/22/08 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:

UVA has two sets of sisters. Freshmen Britny and Whitny Edwards are fraternal twins from Charlotte. Their dad, Theodore "Blue" Edwards, played in the NBA for about ten seasons. Sophomores Jayna (redshirt) and Kelly (true) Hartig (from Colorado) are the other sisters on the team. During the early 90s, Virginia had the Burge twins, Heidi and Heather. They're identical.

I was going to mention the Burge twins, but figured it would be way before some on this board could remember... Very Happy

Grumps

caune

PostPosted: 12/22/08 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now for the truly obscure sister acts....

Cleveland State has Jessica and Angel Roque
UC Irvine has Ka'Jahna and Keyonna Johnson

PostPosted: 12/22/08 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minnesota currently has twins Brianna and Nicole Mastey on their team.

GEF34

PostPosted: 12/22/08 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Grumps wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

I was going to mention the Burge twins, but figured it would be way before some on this board could remember... Very Happy

Grumps

who could forget them, Heidi Burge played for the Sparks Very Happy

ZoCroSixPence

PostPosted: 12/22/08 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duke had the Waner sisters.

Abby and Emily, then Emily left the team a little before her senior year ended last year.

braveniler58

PostPosted: 12/22/08 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Grumps wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

Grumps

The Burge twins are definitely before my time, but I do remember watching the disney movie about them.

PostPosted: 12/22/08 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Grumps wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

Grumps

I'm around Grumps. Of course, I remember Smile

Kelli

PostPosted: 12/22/08 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Was it Vandy that had the Gillingham girls? Or did one of them play for someone else.

Tall. Like 6'8" or 6'10".

One of them was in a country music video.

EDIT: Heidi - 6"10" and sister Gwendolyn - 6'7".

I think it was Gwendolyn that was in the video.

Last edited by Kelli on 12/22/08 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kelli

PostPosted: 12/22/08 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Donna Gill that played at Purdue has a twin sister that played volleyball for Ball State.

PostPosted: 12/22/08 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Natalie Novosel is a freshman at ND and her sister (Christine maybe) plays for Evansville.

PostPosted: 12/22/08 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Meg and Katie Bulger (and if you want to add brother Marc. Of course if you're going to add Marc, you need to throw in Ben and Carli Roelisberger).

PostPosted: 12/22/08 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There was a pair of Bofias at Arizona. Neither were any good really but quite tall and slender if I remember correctly.

PostPosted: 12/22/08 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hannah Donaghe at Stanford and her older sis plays at UC Davis.

GEF34

PostPosted: 12/22/08 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelli wrote:
Meg and Katie Bulger (and if you want to add brother Marc. Of course if you're going to add Marc, you need to throw in Ben and Carli Roelisberger).

Meg Bulger isn't playing at West Virginia any more, and Ben Roethlisberger isn't in college anymore either

Kelli

PostPosted: 12/23/08 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
Kelli wrote:

Meg Bulger isn't playing at West Virginia any more, and Ben Roethlisberger isn't in college anymore either

Neither is Heather and Heidi Burge, Heidi and Gwen Gillingham, or Donna and Bonnie Gill.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: