RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sisters in College
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEF34

PostPosted: 12/23/08 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

one of the Bofias twins from Arizona isn't there either

StevenHW

PostPosted: 12/23/08 3:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Should we include those who are playing in Division I, but has a sister who is out of college ball, such as playing in the WNBA or elsewhere?

PostPosted: 12/23/08 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelli wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Kelli wrote:
Meg and Katie Bulger (and if you want to add brother Marc. Of course if you're going to add Marc, you need to throw in Ben and Carli Roelisberger).

Meg Bulger isn't playing at West Virginia any more, and Ben Roethlisberger isn't in college anymore either

Neither is Heather and Heidi Burge, Heidi and Gwen Gillingham, or Donna and Bonnie Gill.

Or Jennifer and Peggy Gillom

PostPosted: 12/23/08 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and yet no one has said Kelly and Coco Miller

or Camille and Miriam Lowe or Kara and Kim Braxton (All played at UGA)

Ashley Houts' older sister, Emily played for UTC two years ago.

If you go for siblings, Megan Darrah's brother is a QB at Bama and Porsha Phillips' brother, Brandon is the starting second baseman for the Reds.

Kelli

PostPosted: 12/23/08 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ruthie and Mae Ola Bolton.

Pam and Paula McGee.

PostPosted: 12/23/08 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
There was a pair of Bofias at Arizona. Neither were any good really but quite tall and slender if I remember correctly.

Yeah, one got pregnant, married, and headed back to Cameroon. It was a shame, too, because they were both very good at the JUCO level.

Arizona also had the Neabors sisters.

PostPosted: 12/23/08 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
eyevolley4 wrote:
There was a pair of Bofias at Arizona. Neither were any good really but quite tall and slender if I remember correctly.

Yeah, one got pregnant, married, and headed back to Cameroon. It was a shame, too, because they were both very good at the JUCO level.

Arizona also had the Neabors sisters.

They are now at UC Riverside

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 12/23/08 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Morgan and (Cr)Ashley Valley at UConn Shocked Rolling Eyes

GEF34

PostPosted: 12/23/08 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charmaine and DeLisha Milton both played at Florida

StevenHW

PostPosted: 12/23/08 3:04 pm    ::: Tamika/Tiffany/Tanzania Williams Reply Reply with quote

Tamika Williams (now Raymond) played at UConn, before going to her WNBA career. She once worked as an assistant at Ohio State, and now does the same at the University of Kansas.

Her younger sister, Tiffany Williams, used to play at Fresno State during her freshman year, but later transferred out of there. IIRC, she now plays in a historically black college/university in the South, but I don't remember the name at the moment.

An older sister, Tanzania Williams, is currently the Director of Women's Basketball Operations at Ohio State.

Press release:
http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=89260&SPID=10422&DB_OEM_ID=17300&ATCLID=1473581&Q_SEASON=2008

PostPosted: 12/23/08 3:44 pm    ::: Re: Tamika/Tiffany/Tanzania Williams Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
Her younger sister, Tiffany Williams, used to play at Fresno State during her freshman year, but later transferred out of there. IIRC, she now plays in a historically black college/university in the South, but I don't remember the name at the moment.

She was on that Disney Channel show Totally Hoops, IIRC.

PostPosted: 12/23/08 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UTexRulz23 wrote:
StevenHW wrote:

I remember watching that, that was cool and her team got to go to UCONN games cause Tamika was playing

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 12/23/08 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
UTexRulz23 wrote:
StevenHW wrote:

I remember watching that, that was cool and her team got to go to UCONN games cause Tamika was playing

I thought I was the only 1 who remembered that lol. that was a gud sho. lol

PostPosted: 12/23/08 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
UTexRulz23 wrote:
StevenHW wrote:

yea it was a good show, I remember watching it, I admit the first time I watched it because Tamika Williams was one of my favorite players in college at the time, and it had mentioned her or something, so that's why I started watching lol, but after that I enjoyed watching the show, it was pretty cool as it followed them through practices, games, travel, etc

bullsky

PostPosted: 12/23/08 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
UTexRulz23 wrote:
StevenHW wrote:

yea it was a good show, I remember watching it, I admit the first time I watched it because Tamika Williams was one of my favorite players in college at the time, and it had mentioned her or something, so that's why I started watching lol, but after that I enjoyed watching the show, it was pretty cool as it followed them through practices, games, travel, etc

I know for sure that two players from that show play collegiately. Aisha Jefferson of Michigan State, and Maria Getty of Villanova.

PostPosted: 12/23/08 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
UTexRulz23 wrote:
StevenHW wrote:

I know for sure that two players from that show play collegiately. Aisha Jefferson of Michigan State, and Maria Getty of Villanova.

that's cool, thanks for the updates on some of the players, based on the stats they seem to be doing well there, do you know how they are doing? are they potential WNBA prospects?

aurabass

PostPosted: 12/23/08 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelly and Coco Miller at UGA - didn't see them listed

Doneeka and Roneeka Hodges at LSU then Roneeka transferred to FSU

Abby and Amanda Cannon - Tennessee

GEF34

PostPosted: 12/24/08 1:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now that there have been a lot of sisters listed both past and present, which group of sisters do you think is the best of all time.

I think Pam and Paula McGee rank among the top sister duos in NCAA history. I never got the opportunity to see them play in college, but based I what I have read about them they were the real deal and they helped lead USC to back-to-back NCAA titles.

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/24/08 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Adding another set to the list, Sky Lindsay, sophomore at St. John's, has an older sister, Candice, who played at Fairfield- there might have been a year's overlap, but I'm not certain of that. Supposedly, two of our frosh, Da'Shena Stevens and Elón Sidney, have b-ball-playing sisters, but since the sisters aren't in college yet, they don't count.

PostPosted: 12/24/08 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

seems like this thread morphied from current to past, but for me there was always the Mendiola sister at the University of Washington. I remember a day game, something to do with pack the house, kids' camp day, where Guiliana put up something like 44 against UCLA. It was one of the craziest atmospheres I have ever been associated with.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 12/24/08 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ddubdawg wrote:
seems like this thread morphied from current to past, but for me there was always the Mendiola sister at the University of Washington. I remember a day game, something to do with pack the house, kids' camp day, where Guiliana put up something like 44 against UCLA. It was one of the craziest atmospheres I have ever been associated with.

Ah yes, Giuliana and Giocanda Mendiola.

Gio, IIRC, was involved in a brawl between the UW Huskies and another Pac-10 team (don't remember which) when she slapped an opposing player after the post-game high-fives.

PostPosted: 12/25/08 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
ddubdawg wrote:

Gio, IIRC, was involved in a brawl between the UW Huskies and another Pac-10 team (don't remember which) when she slapped an opposing player after the post-game high-fives.

Wasn't there a huge issue between the Mendiola's, their brother and Diana Taurasi when they were all in high school?

GEF34

PostPosted: 12/25/08 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
StevenHW wrote:
ddubdawg wrote:

Wasn't there a huge issue between the Mendiola's, their brother and Diana Taurasi when they were all in high school?

really?? I head about them having some issues in college with other teams, but not high school

Kelli

PostPosted: 12/25/08 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How about the Catchings sisters...have they been mentioned? Wink

PostPosted: 12/26/08 1:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelli wrote:
How about the Catchings sisters...have they been mentioned? Wink

good looking out for Tamika and Tauja Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: