RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Huskies (UW) ink Aussie PG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FS02

PostPosted: 04/15/08 11:52 pm    ::: Huskies (UW) ink Aussie PG Reply Reply with quote

Nicole Romeo...

I think this fills a need on the team. Just throwing this out there to see if anyone knows anything about her.

http://gohuskies.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/romeo_nicole00.html

scullyfu

PostPosted: 04/16/08 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

that *really* good point guard from marysville has already signed a letter of intent for the huskies. sorry, i forget her name, but she's supposed to be a starter from day one. Shocked they also have sarah morton, a pg who played very little this year.

PostPosted: 04/16/08 12:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
that *really* good point guard from marysville has already signed a letter of intent for the huskies. sorry, i forget her name, but she's supposed to be a starter from day one. Shocked they also have sarah morton, a pg who played very little this year.

You're talking about Kristi Kingma, but my understanding is that she's more of a scorer.

FS02

PostPosted: 04/16/08 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Update: I found out Kingma can play both guard positions. The challenge for Tia is going to be finding minutes for all these talented guards she has. Smile

hooper1

PostPosted: 04/16/08 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
Update: I found out Kingma can play both guard positions. The challenge for Tia is going to be finding minutes for all these talented guards she has. Smile

I don't mean to disparage any Aussies out there, but aren't there any decent players in the Pacific Northwest UW can recruit? Daugherty was faulted for not recruiting more locally, why is Tia doing the same thing?

ajdawg7

PostPosted: 04/17/08 12:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

None left for this year good enough for D-1. In my opinion she got the best player in the state in Kingma and throw in Liz Lay & Romeo who's the ABA U-21 player of the year and I'm ok with that as well as Mollie Williams who provides decent height and athleticism.

To the Aussies out there that have seen her play, thoughts?

John Wooden
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: