RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Stanford vs Vols WNCAA Championship game 4/8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoopfan24

PostPosted: 04/11/08 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I finally the game tape this am. Even with our so called lack of speed and athleticism and TOs, we were in the game. It wasn't bad as I thought. We made more unforced errors that I thought, bad passes, double dribble, a couple bad shot selections by Wiggins. We were always one or two plays from getting back into it but just couldn't get over the hump.

We did look tight, but again, our youth and their experience was the difference, and all the media picking us.

The refs helped in us not getting over the hump, like 3 sec on us when TN camped in the lane, early in the game, Anosike got a D board and clearly stepped over the end line, but no call. Late in the game, Jeanette saved a ball and they called her out, but she wasn't.

At about 8 min mark in first half, Roz' charge call on Anosike was incredibly bogus, and was flop by Bobbitt on Wiggins going back door. And, block call on Appel when she was there in plenty of time. Should have been a charge on Candy P.

Even with all this, had a we made a couple more lay-ups and FTs, we're in it big time! So it just came down to making the hoops. 2 missed lay-ups for Pedersen, one by Appel, one by Jillian and one by Wiggins.

damn it.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/11/08 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Montgomery didn't play any different than she normally does. She's been a chucker for three years...the only change was in the begining of this year..when she was asked to distribute (a far better role) So what's he supposed to do..change the way she's been playing. Uconn needed her to score. Really, this was just a game where not having Thomas and Greene caught up to us...and we ran into a team that was playing their best basketball..they play that way against Tenn, and they are NCs.

Caroline and EDD..as well as the other one (Not sure what her name is) should be good add ins to our backcourt. Next year, who knows how it will be..if EDD has a Moore like freshman year, we are champions..

The only good news is once again

1- no excuse for geno to do NOTHING while she shot us into the off-season. call a TO, and bark an order- no shots until 5 passes- it wouldn't have been the first time in his career he did that. i don't know why monty is another sales in his POV.

2- stan would never play against tenn as they did vs uconn. to think so shows a disrespect to tenn, imo. stan finally ran into a team that played defense. tenn was too big, too fast, too many.

hoop- first time in 8 years i was wrong re: fraud in the FF. can't prove it, but i believe if UNC was in spokane, as they should've been, i would've been right again.

i guess even beating uconn in the semis doesn't ease the pain? i take solace in the fact that at least uconn ended RU's season. gotta hang onto something. Very Happy

PostPosted: 04/11/08 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Caroline and EDD..as well as the other one (Not sure what her name is)

her name is tiffany hayes, and she's gonna be an excellent huskie. i saw her first and claim her as mine. Cool

PostPosted: 04/11/08 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

how did we beat TN in Dec? We took care of the ball and outrebounded them. We had too may unforced errors, 3 wide open missed lay-ups and missed FTs. D had nothing to do with that. We blew IT.

And yea, I damn happy we beat UConn and MD, proved a lot of people wrong doing so. Glad the country got to see us and C-dub. We can build on that and make it again next yr.

myt

PostPosted: 04/11/08 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopfan24 wrote:
how did we beat TN in Dec? We took care of the ball and outrebounded them. We had too may unforced errors, 3 wide open missed lay-ups and missed FTs. D had nothing to do with that. We blew IT.

And yea, I damn happy we beat UConn and MD, proved a lot of people wrong doing so. Glad the country got to see us and C-dub. We can build on that and make it again next yr.

Are you really trying to imply that Stanford lost this game and the LVs had nothing to do with winning it? Shocked

Why you keep bringing up the Dec game is comedy to me. Once the Tourney starts, what happened in the season is over...

PostPosted: 04/11/08 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myt wrote:
hoopfan24 wrote:

Are you really trying to imply that Stanford lost this game and the LVs had nothing to do with winning it? Shocked

Why you keep bringing up the Dec game is comedy to me. Once the Tourney starts, what happened in the season is over...

No, I am saying if Stanford made more than 50% of their FTs and made the Wide open lay-ups, it would have been a game and the D and TOs may not have been as big a factor.

myt

PostPosted: 04/11/08 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopfan24 wrote:
myt wrote:
hoopfan24 wrote:

No, I am saying if Stanford made more than 50% of their FTs and made the Wide open lay-ups, it would have been a game and the D and TOs may not have been as big a factor.

Hmmm... Ok well one reason to miss FTs is if a player is tired.

I think that Appel is a better FT shooter than she was on Tuesday. However, I think she was tired. She was in the Uconn game and again against the LVs.

I also believe that Stanford didn't think LVs were going to beat them because of that Dec win and the "ugly" wins the LVs had verses Texas A&M and LSU. They believed their offense would trump defense.

The only problem with offense minded teams is when the shots don't fall, what then? You must be able to stop an opponent. You must have defense Cool

PostPosted: 04/11/08 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blah. i've seen stanford enough over the years.

seems to me the team went from having an unwarranted chip on its shoulder for being seeded 2nd to cocky and overconfident, based on playing teams w/ shit defense all the way until the final.

just like RU last year, stanford wasn't the 2nd-best team this year.

unless tara can sing the blues as well as c. victim and get a few gigs on okra and the evening news, it's doubtful reaching the finals will be as rewarding.

pretty good year anyway, especially for a pac-10 team. Wink

PostPosted: 04/11/08 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myt wrote:
hoopfan24 wrote:

Are you really trying to imply that Stanford lost this game and the LVs had nothing to do with winning it?
Shocked

That's pretty much exactly what's being implied. I thought that hoop would get it from my earlier post, but I think the sarcasm plane was obviously missed.

hoopfan24

PostPosted: 04/12/08 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myt wrote:
hoopfan24 wrote:
myt wrote:
hoopfan24 wrote:

Hmmm... Ok well one reason to miss FTs is if a player is tired.

I think that Appel is a better FT shooter than she was on Tuesday. However, I think she was tired. She was in the Uconn game and again against the LVs.

I also believe that Stanford didn't think LVs were going to beat them because of that Dec win and the "ugly" wins the LVs had verses Texas A&M and LSU. They believed their offense would trump defense.

The only problem with offense minded teams is when the shots don't fall, what then? You must be able to stop an opponent. You must have defense Cool

Jayne is a much better FT shooter, all of her misses were long so she wasn't tired.

I know the coaches were fully aware of the pressure D TN plays. It's not the first time Tara has seen it. Plus, our D was pretty good limiting Vols to 64 pts- or your O is pretty average. I think it is more the latter.

I don't think Stanford was overconfident or cocky, but rather tight and inexperienced. They weren't used to being the favorite (by experts), and it showed.

hoopfan24

PostPosted: 04/12/08 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
blah. i've seen stanford enough over the years.

seems to me the team went from having an unwarranted chip on its shoulder for being seeded 2nd to cocky and overconfident, based on playing teams w/ shit defense all the way until the final.

just like RU last year, stanford wasn't the 2nd-best team this year.

unless tara can sing the blues as well as c. victim and get a few gigs on okra and the evening news, it's doubtful reaching the finals will be as rewarding.

pretty good year anyway, especially for a pac-10 team. Wink

again, Stanford was better as the hunter vs. being hunted all year. TN was no game different. They played scared vs. cocky.

Tara has never made any excuses and gave all the credit in the world to TN and said we overplayed.

As you know Cth, bball is all about match-ups. Had LSU made a FT or played D on the last shot, Stanford wins the Nat'l Championship. It's never about the best team, but how the brackets play out.

Gee, we beat #1 team in the country twice, plus other top ten team in Baylor, RU, MD, Cal x3. Not a bad year at all, especially with a very young 7 woman rotation.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/12/08 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As you know Cth, bball is all about match-ups. It's never about the best team, but how the brackets play out.

on that we agree, my friend.

had UNC been sent to spokane, as they should've been, stan doesn't make tampa. Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: