RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Stanford:There is nothing more fun than watching ESPN squirm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hooper1

PostPosted: 04/07/08 3:19 pm    ::: Stanford:There is nothing more fun than watching ESPN squirm Reply Reply with quote

Congratuations to Stanford on a fantastic win on Sunday! Go Pac-10!

I loved the part, about midway throught the second half, when Stanford was on a run and Doris and her cronie began exclaiming that Wiggins was the best player in women's basketball. (Funny, I thought they had agreed in the pre-game that was Parker.) Anyway, I love it when the bandwagon leaders (ESPN) have to try to cover up their mistakes for 40 minutes... and scramble to come up with SOMETHING about Stanford to say that was nice... since they spent the first 30 minutes of the game singing the praises of UConn.

Very Happy

Toliver...Holy Cow!

PostPosted: 04/07/08 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agree 100%!!! The whole production was as if the outcome was preordained. Good for Stanford. I didn't like the coach iso cams in the Rutgers-UConn game and I didn't like the Geno iso cam in this game either.
I thought they took away from the game and showed preferential treatment. At some point enough is enough.

umbeta1455

PostPosted: 04/07/08 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a feeling ESPN was really hoping for a Tennessee vs. UConn championship. The big wigs were probably cheering when they saw UConn get within one point during that game.

caune

PostPosted: 04/07/08 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe they said she is the best LEADER in the college game, not player.
They said it numerous times too

PostPosted: 04/07/08 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:

Nope, they said "best player."

By the way, if you're interested in an amusing sideline during the game, track how many times the commentators complimented UConn and how many times they complimented Stanford. THAT was a complete riot and wound up being something like 19 for UConn, 8 for Stanford... and all this while UConn was LOSING the entire game.

Here's to a final other than UConn/Tenn!

LadyDevilFan

PostPosted: 04/08/08 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

umbeta1455 wrote:
I have a feeling ESPN was really hoping for a Tennessee vs. UConn championship. The big wigs were probably cheering when they saw UConn get within one point during that game.

I agree that ESPN probably was really hoping for it to be Tenn vs. UConn, but I have to admit that since we got to see what an awesome match-up Stanford and Tennessee were earlier this season, I am even MORE excited to see this game than I would have been for a Uconn/Tenn game. I like the element that a re-match adds to the game. And I like the match-up of these two teams. Can't wait!

mercfan3

PostPosted: 04/08/08 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hooper1 wrote:
caune wrote:

Nope, they said "best player."

By the way, if you're interested in an amusing sideline during the game, track how many times the commentators complimented UConn and how many times they complimented Stanford. THAT was a complete riot and wound up being something like 19 for UConn, 8 for Stanford... and all this while UConn was LOSING the entire game.

Here's to a final other than UConn/Tenn!

Are you sure it wasn't best player in the tournament..because that obviously was/is CandICE.

PostPosted: 04/08/08 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, Standford was just awesome! Then we switch back to the brilliant commentators after the final buzzer and I thought, "neener, neener, you both called it wrong."

I really do like Stacey and Kara, but it was fun to see them back, staring into the camera. Oops! Stanford won!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: