RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Does anyone at ESPN even watch the games?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hooper1

PostPosted: 04/03/08 7:29 pm    ::: Does anyone at ESPN even watch the games? Reply Reply with quote

Yes, I know they broadcast them, but wow did they miss the calls on the West Regionals. Blah, blah, blah Candace Wiggins on Saturday night when Gold-Onwude and Pederson were the real heros.

And boy did they get caught with their pants down picking Maryland over Stanford!

beknighted

PostPosted: 04/03/08 9:57 pm    ::: Re: Does anyone at ESPN even watch the games? Reply Reply with quote

hooper1 wrote:
Yes, I know they broadcast them, but wow did they miss the calls on the West Regionals. Blah, blah, blah Candace Wiggins on Saturday night when Gold-Onwude and Pederson were the real heros.

And boy did they get caught with their pants down picking Maryland over Stanford!

I can't really complain about broadcasters paying the most attention to somebody who dropped 40+ on her second round opponent and then does the same thing in the regional final.

As for the picks, well, I sometimes think they try to get them wrong.

hooper1

PostPosted: 04/03/08 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not talking about the game where she made 40+ points. (If you had read the headline on ESPN that day, you would have thought she had though.)

The coverage, overall, is pretty lacking. A million repetitions of the same interviews with Geno and Pat (oh, and the pregnant Brenda) and that's about it.

I would love to see some indepth interviews with players... from all teams. Some personal interest stories. Something more than players who "step up" and "take charge." (How many cliches can one network broadcast?)

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 04/04/08 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hooper1 wrote:
The coverage, overall, is pretty lacking. A million repetitions of the same interviews with Geno and Pat (oh, and the pregnant Brenda) and that's about it.

I would love to see some indepth interviews with players... from all teams. Some personal interest stories. Something more than players who "step up" and "take charge." (How many cliches can one network broadcast?)
Idea Take a look at the online newspaper coverage. I rely on a Google News Alert for "women's basketball" plus WHB, of course.

hooper1

PostPosted: 04/05/08 1:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:
hooper1 wrote:

Idea Take a look at the online newspaper coverage. I rely on a Google News Alert for "women's basketball" plus WHB, of course.

Good idea!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: