RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Well congrats on your 2008 National Championship Uconn
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luvDhoops

PostPosted: 04/01/08 9:55 pm    ::: Well congrats on your 2008 National Championship Uconn Reply Reply with quote

You just beat the only team that could beat you.

LakotaStorm

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That is bullshit, Stanford and LSU can beat these gals. Stanford scored 98 points. LSU, UConn, and Vols all scored Low. I see Stanford taking home the bling.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
braveniler58

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Every game is different. I've seen UConn be able to drop amazing numbers, I've seen them drop 100. If Stanford wants an offensive output rather than a defensive one, that's allright with me. UConn can win with offense.

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LakotaStorm wrote:
That is bullshit, Stanford and LSU can beat these gals. Stanford scored 98 points. LSU, UConn, and Vols all scored Low. I see Stanford taking home the bling.

Stanford scored 98 points against a team that couldn't play defense to save their lives.

It took a while, but when geno gets to the FF, expect them to win the whole thing.

njjosh

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Tennessee will beat UConn. As great as Maya Moore is, she's not at Parker's level, at least not yet. Plus Tennessee will outman them in the paint and on the glass, where the Lady Vols are deeper.

This Tennessee team is a little more seasoned and a little tougher mentally.

kage

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If they get past LSU! My prediction: LSU finally gets over the hump and into the NC. Don't know if they'll win it.

I'd love Sylvia to have a chance at the title. Very Happy
mercfan3

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Uconn beat Stanford because of Thomas and Greene, don't forget that.

I'm just so excited about that...Geno was crying..

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

njjosh wrote:
I think Tennessee will beat UConn. As great as Maya Moore is, she's not at Parker's level, at least not yet. Plus Tennessee will outman them in the paint and on the glass, where the Lady Vols are deeper.

Don't underestimate UConn's desire. Tennessee already won a championship last year. This is the first Final Four for everybody on UConn. The seniors are not going to let that to waste. Ketia and Charde will do well.

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

Good point...I will be re-watching that game before next weekend. Kalana Greene won that Stanford game for UCONN, its a different team, but at some times has played as well. At other times Mad ...But, they have a desire and just beat a great Rutgers team...I'm just excited for this weekend, I hope everybody's healthy!

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

njjosh wrote:

I disagree. UConn has a pretty good front court rotation (when they come to play) with Charles, Houston, McLaren, and Hunter so I don't think they will be outmanned at all. The Lady Vols get so many rebounds because no one besides Parker can put the ball in the hole around the bucket Laughing If that game were to come to pass, I think guard play would be the key. UConn can play very good team defense, and it doesn't help that Tennessee's offense is almost as bad as Rutgers'.

I don't think Tennessee will get past LSU this go round, and UConn will have to be on top of their game to get past Stanford. Should be an interesting Final Four.

- Diana Taurasi

Last edited by thatGAgirl on 04/01/08 10:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
braveniler58

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

Yes, but Maya isn't the same player back then that she is now (apart from this recent game). I still say UConn has got the edge here.

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

njjosh wrote:

Parker is gimpy and her teammates haven't done much at all to assist her in big games this season. Don't count on Bobbitt growing 5 more inches, Hornbuckle developing a concept of what shot selection is, Anosike learning how to make layups and Bjorkland becoming quick enough to even get her shot off by Finals time. And, that's even in the small chance that they even get by LSU under those circumstances.

Like I said. I think anyone who thinks there's another team left that can beat uconn is delusional. I certainly don't see Tennessee doing it. I think Stanford can give them a good fight but will lose. I think LSU will keep it close until the end, but will lose.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

braveniler58 wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

Yes, but Maya isn't the same player back then that she is now (apart from this recent game). I still say UConn has got the edge here.

I'm not sure...

Maya is a Freshman..which she's showed us more than once..and which she's allowed to be everyonce in a while too.

Candice is a senior on a mission. And there's absolutely no one that can guard her now. (Mel did a great job on her in the second half of the first game..Kalana..not so much in the first half...but was so good offensively)

I'm so excited for this team, I hope they can overcome anything..but I don't hate Stanford..so If Uconn's going to get beat..please let it be Stanford not Tennessee.. Wink

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to UConn. Enjoy the Maya Dynasty and I mean it at the bottom of my heart. Twisted Evil

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
njjosh

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
njjosh wrote:

Parker is gimpy and her teammates haven't done much at all to assist her in big games this season. Don't count on Bobbitt growing 5 more inches, Hornbuckle developing a concept of what shot selection is, Anosike learning how to make layups and Bjorkland becoming quick enough to even get her shot off by Finals time. And, that's even in the small chance that they even get by LSU under those circumstances.

Like I said. I think anyone who thinks there's another team left that can beat uconn is delusional. I certainly don't see Tennessee doing it. I think Stanford can give them a good fight but will lose. I think LSU will keep it close until the end, but will lose.

Tennessee will get by LSU for many of the same reasons that UConn got by Rutgers tonight - LSU's guard play (in particular that of Erica White) is simply not of a championship caliber. It will be like the SEC Championship Game - close all the way, but Tennessee pulling it out at the end because they have Parker, they know how to win this time of year, and Erica White will make too many bad plays in big moments.

If Wiggins plays the way she did last night, Stanford has a chance against UConn. But UConn is much better defensively than Maryland.

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

njjosh wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:
njjosh wrote:

Tennessee will get by LSU for many of the same reasons that UConn got by Rutgers tonight - LSU's guard play (in particular that of Erica White) is simply not of a championship caliber. It will be like the SEC Championship Game - close all the way, but Tennessee pulling it out at the end because they have Parker, they know how to win this time of year, and Erica White will make too many bad plays in big moments.

If Wiggins plays the way she did last night, Stanford has a chance against UConn. But UConn is much better defensively than Maryland.

Yeah, Tennessee had a healthy Parker in that game and still it was very close 'til the end. Parker will not be 100% by Sunday unless they have the number to some voodoo priestess. Parker came out wearing that brace on her should that Auguste has been wearing for over a month now. There's NO WAY Parker will be anywhere near 100% in just 5 days.

You're looking at a uconn/ LSU final with a uconn win.

bullsky

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a Tennessee fan's attempt to not jinx her team.

A for effort! Wink

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:

A for effort! Wink

Very Happy Very Happy

Normally when I'm trying not to jinx my team, I won't post anything or say anything at all. I'm real sincere about this and most of this is me pissed and and just venting at the effort and production I saw from every person not named Parker for Tennessee tonight.

Y'all know Pat can't win against Geno in the tournament even if she does somehow manage to get by LSU.

I'm really trying to prepare myself for the inevitable.

njjosh

PostPosted: 04/01/08 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
Orange][Krush wrote:

A for effort! Wink

Very Happy Very Happy

Normally when I'm trying not to jinx my team, I won't post anything or say anything at all. I'm real sincere about this and most of this is me pissed and and just venting at the effort and production I saw from every person not named Parker for Tennessee tonight.

Y'all know Pat can't win against Geno in the tournament even if she does somehow manage to get by LSU.

I'm really trying to prepare myself for the inevitable.

The two times Pat faced Geno in the tournament when she had the best player in the game, she won. She had Holdsclaw for the 1996 Final Four game and the 1997 Elite 8 game.

When Geno had the best player in the game (Lobo in '95, Taurasi in '03 and '04) or where neither team had the best player ('00 and '02), he won.

Pat has the best player in the game again in Parker. And that will make the difference.

ghostmutt

PostPosted: 04/01/08 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

njjosh wrote:
When Geno had the best player in the game (Lobo in '95, Taurasi in '03 and '04) or where neither team had the best player ('00 and '02), he won.

Just curious...which team would you say had the best player in the game in 2002? I would think it would be one of the four UConn players who went in the first six picks of the draft that year. If not Taurasi, I would have said Bird.

Catchings was the best player in 2000, but Pat couldn't win with her.

PRballer

PostPosted: 04/02/08 12:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clement was a key part of that Vols team and her pre-game ankle injury devastated the entire team. She was a Philly native and an emotional leader for them - and that year, she was a major contributer on both sides of the ball as a big guard with excellent poise and passing skills.

Her injury really hurt Tennessee in the 2000 title game. I don't mean to take anything away from Sue Bird's near perfect game nor what Shea and Company were able to accomplish, but Tennessee could have given a better fight at least.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/02/08 1:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
Clement was a key part of that Vols team and her pre-game ankle injury devastated the entire team. She was a Philly native and an emotional leader for them - and that year, she was a major contributer on both sides of the ball as a big guard with excellent poise and passing skills.

Her injury really hurt Tennessee in the 2000 title game. I don't mean to take anything away from Sue Bird's near perfect game nor what Shea and Company were able to accomplish, but Tennessee could have given a better fight at least.

Uh, not quite. Catchings was still the leader of that team.

Taoduck

PostPosted: 04/02/08 2:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

braveniler58 wrote:
Don't underestimate UConn's desire. Tennessee already won a championship last year. This is the first Final Four for everybody on UConn. The seniors are not going to let that to waste. Ketia and Charde will do well.

Well, since we already have the arena booked, how's about we play the games, hmm?

Never count the Vols out.
I believe that because this is familiar turf for Tennessee. they will prevail.
They know what it takes. They've seen it and done it.
Besides, if Pat can't get the rest of the team to rally around CP and step it up, they don't deserve to win anyway.

PostPosted: 04/02/08 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Parker will not be 100% by Sunday unless they have the number to some voodoo priestess.

Laughing

It ain't over 'till it's over.

PostPosted: 04/02/08 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

njjosh wrote:

All you have to do is shadow Wiggins and Stanford is done.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: