RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Greensboro Championship: (2) Rutgers vs. (1) UCONN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
njjosh

PostPosted: 04/01/08 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That should do it.

Congrats to UConn, though I feel that Rutgers lost this game as much as UConn won it.

kage

Wow. That was a nice pull up shot from Ajavon. UCONN is making their FTs though.
braveniler58

Ketia is fucking clutch.

PostPosted: 04/01/08 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ajavon too little to late but kudos for not giving up!

Ok Stanford and LSU it is up for you two to take out Vols and UNconn; I want to watch the finals.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
Sass

PostPosted: 04/01/08 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Sass wrote:
njjosh wrote:
Queenie wrote:
&*^*^%^%$^&*&&^T&UI&^%$!!!! Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! DAMNIT. We are not Texas A&M; why are we pissing away a lead?!?!

You're Rutgers though. Yoiu don't know how to play offense.

That too.

And since you posted, I just had an amazing thought:

can you imagine what would happen if Maryland and Rutgers had kids??

Shocked

They'd look good in red, white, and black, for one thing. As a fantasy reader, I'm used to seeing descriptions of knights' armor as shells, so there's that, too. Definitely not the popular kids on the block.

It'd be a two-child family. One would be perfect, the other would be brain-damaged. Such are the extremes of these two (anthropomorphized) teams.

Yes, I'm focusing on the ridiculous because it's either that or start snarling curse words and seeing if I can dig up a Dee Kantner voodoo doll, because I have had it the fuck up to here with this bullshit.

That's pretty deep, girl. I was just trying to put the mighty Terp offense together with all the good things about Rutgers.

Sorry about your team, dawg. I really like them. Hopefully they'll start to do better next year with Jas and the rest of the recruits and all-Americans.

I should call Ali now and console.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC

Last edited by Sass on 04/01/08 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
braveniler58

PostPosted: 04/01/08 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And that'll do it. NICE JOB UCONN BABY Very Happy

PostPosted: 04/01/08 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hrmmm. Well the 1s survive. I have to say whoever started that Let's Go Huskies during the dead silence had a great impact and it came through loud and clear on the tv.
bballfan

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My Huskies are going to get a tan! Very impressive that they won minimum offensive contribution from Maya Moore...YES! YES! YES! Very Happy

http://www.myspace.com/cappie23officialfansite
mercfan3

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

braveniler58 wrote:
Ketia is fucking clutch.

You go girl...I don't know if Uconn has seen a more improved player.

Awe..Mel's crying...

AWE GENO'S crying.. Very Happy

Sass wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Sass wrote:
njjosh wrote:
Queenie wrote:
&*^*^%^%$^&*&&^T&UI&^%$!!!! Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! DAMNIT. We are not Texas A&M; why are we pissing away a lead?!?!

You're Rutgers though. Yoiu don't know how to play offense.

That too.

And since you posted, I just had an amazing thought:

can you imagine what would happen if Maryland and Rutgers had kids??

Shocked

They'd look good in red, white, and black, for one thing. As a fantasy reader, I'm used to seeing descriptions of knights' armor as shells, so there's that, too. Definitely not the popular kids on the block.

It'd be a two-child family. One would be perfect, the other would be brain-damaged. Such are the extremes of these two (anthropomorphized) teams.

Yes, I'm focusing on the ridiculous because it's either that or start snarling curse words and seeing if I can dig up a Dee Kantner voodoo doll, because I have had it the fuck up to here with this bullshit.

That's pretty deep, girl. I was just trying to put the mighty Terp offense together with all the good things about Rutgers.

Sorry about your team, dawg. I really like them. Hopefully they'll start to do better next year with Jas and the rest of the recruits and all-Americans.

Rutgers will not do any better as long as Vivian Stringer is the head coach. They will always win a fair amount of regular season games but come up short of winning the big one.

Stringer and her fvcking offensive ineptitude lost this game. What a waste of talent.

BCBG25

And I got the FF right. Woo-hoo. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This game feels amazing for me. I'm so happy right now. Now, the Suns need to pull out a win and I'll fucking celebrate.

It feels so good to see Mel Thomas and Ketia celebrate, they've deserved this.

Stanford is next. I know we can win.

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rutgers played a great first half and made it hard on the Huskies. I think C. Viv -needs- to hire something similar to an OC for her team. Great fight, Knights, and you guys will love your incoming recruits and be back in the mix next year.

Congrats to UConn.

Wow. Today was like the highlighting of great coaching by both Summit and Geno.
thatGAgirl

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whew! It wasn't pretty, but we're going to Tampa baby!! Rutgers had a great gameplan in the first half. Too bad their coaches felt the need to go away from that in the second.

Big props to Charles and Swanier who aren't great free throw shooters for stepping up and hitting 10 big ones down the stretch.

66-56 UConn final.

Cool

- Diana Taurasi
DivAAA

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Epiphany has a lot to prove next year, because she came up really small tonight. She should apologize to Essence and Matee for letting it be on them (along with Kia).

njjosh

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kage wrote:
Rutgers played a great first half and made it hard on the Huskies. I think C. Viv -needs- to hire something similar to an OC for her team.

It won't matter as long as she has the final say. Some coaches just have such glaring shortcomings that they find a way to screw it up. Marty Schottenheimer in the NFL was the same way, as Chiefs and Chargers fans can attest.

I'll say it again - as long as Stringer is the head coach, Rutgers will never win the big one. You saw why in the second half tonight.

Of course, since this is only WCBB, no one in the media will have the you-know-whats to call her out on this.

Quote:

Wow. Today was like the highlighting of great coaching by both Summit and Geno.

And bad coaching by Stringer and Gary Blair.

Last edited by njjosh on 04/01/08 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Queenie

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sass wrote:

Exactly. One kid would personify the Maryland offense and the Rutgers defense. The other would personify the Maryland defense and the Rutgers offense.

I could almost deal with the constant heartbreak if it werent for the fact that I picked up college ball right after the Liberty's run of bridesmaid years, so it's been a ridiculous string of so-close-yet-so-far that seriously makes me wonder about whether Liberty/Rutgers fans have a streak of masochistic behavior buried deep in their hearts. At least with St. John's, I can be comfortably content in knowing they'll never get that close and be satisfied with whatever I do get from them.

Go Stanford. At least if I get to watch the title game, I'd rather have Ace versus Ice be the storyline shoved down my throat than UConn versus Tennessee.

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We, the UConn fans, love you too, Queenie.

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Go Stanford. At least if I get to watch the title game, I'd rather have Ace versus Ice be the storyline shoved down my throat than UConn versus Tennessee.

One thing the NCAA tourney does for me is it forces me to break down my hierarchy of love and hate in college hoops. You don't even know it's there until there's a game.

Given the stinking, rotting choice of my two most-hated teams playing each other (I can't believe this is happening), I think I'll take gargoyle face and her team over hair gel head and his team.

At least the gargoyle has Wiggins. I don't care about anyone on UConn.

Go.....naw, I can't do it.

Play well, Trees.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. I don't know how UConn pulled it off, but they did. A FINAL FOUR. It feels like forever. It hasn't even sunk in yet. That and my roommates think I have tourettes...

There is NO WAY that Maya will play that bad in the Final Four. I think she will come out with a vengence (hopefully)... And I also hope that Wiggins, as much as I LOVE HER, doesn't drop 40+ on us.

jimmyk

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sass wrote:
One thing the NCAA tourney does for me is it forces me to break down my hierarchy of love and hate in college hoops. You don't even know it's there until there's a game.

Given the stinking, rotting choice of my two most-hated teams playing each other (I can't believe this is happening), I think I'll take gargoyle face and her team over hair gel head and his team.

At least the gargoyle has Wiggins. I don't care about anyone on UConn.

Go.....naw, I can't do it.

Play well, Trees.

It's after reading comments like this that make me think once in a while that you're the coolest person west of the Mississippi. Cool

mercfan3

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
Wow. I don't know how UConn pulled it off, but they did. A FINAL FOUR. It feels like forever. It hasn't even sunk in yet. That and my roommates think I have tourettes...

There is NO WAY that Maya will play that bad in the Final Four. I think she will come out with a vengence (hopefully)... And I also hope that Wiggins, as much as I LOVE HER, doesn't drop 40+ on us.

And congrats to the rest of the Uconn team..

In 2000..The Huskies could not overcome the Diana's horrible game to win....these huskies did.

Really so proud of them...I wish Kalana and Mel could have been playing, but still..fantastic..and it was great to watch the seniors play well too. I love this group of kids, really.

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WOW!! LETS GO HUSKIES!! Amazing comeback and WIN by these ladies!!!

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:

Heck no! There's no Carson wearing #5 for Stanford. Stanford doesn't play a 55 defense and run the clock down to 2 seconds and take away possessions. Maya should score 27.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:

Heck no! There's no Carson wearing #5 for Stanford. Stanford doesn't play a 55 defense and run the clock down to 2 seconds and take away possessions. Maya should score 27.

Haha..I think Rutgers is Maya's "Notre Dame"

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: