RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

OKC Championship: (2) Texas A&M vs. (1) Tennessee
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullsky

PostPosted: 04/01/08 9:25 am    ::: OKC Championship: (2) Texas A&M vs. (1) Tennessee Reply Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaw/preview;_ylt=AlCRxRZyDs9qhUVhJawccDNMvrYF?gid=200804010580&prov=ap
Quote:
A few short years removed from the Big 12 basement, Blair’s Aggies are one win away from the school’s first Final Four appearance. To get there, they’ll need a landmark win Tuesday night against Pat Summitt’s Tennessee (33-2) powerhouse that has won seven national championships.

“She’s won seven. I’m still trying to win one, and I want to do it,” Blair said Monday. “And I think I’ve got a great chance with this ballclub right here because if we fail to achieve to be the best that we can be, then I think we can look at ourselves in the mirror and still feel good about what we accomplished.

PostPosted: 04/01/08 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Lady Vols! Very Happy

icey23

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GO A&M

Scarab

PostPosted: 04/01/08 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GO VOLS!!

PostPosted: 04/01/08 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Lady Vols!!!! Very Happy

PostPosted: 04/01/08 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really fear this game. The LV's don't do well with those scrappy type teams. I don't think it's a good matchup for Tennessee actually. Sure they're undersized in the post, but so were they against Duke and against OU when they beat them once this season. And really, if you think about the post for Tennessee, you're really only talking about Parker, cause Anosike poses NO offensive threat whatsoever. Unless, she's gonna continue to hit that little 10 foot jumper from the free throw line and if I were A&M, I'd give that to her all day. The perimeter players for both teams cancel each other out.

braveniler58

PostPosted: 04/01/08 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want to play Tennessee for the championship if possible. But at the same time, I will be very happy to see if they lose. GO... I don't know. Sad

PostPosted: 04/01/08 12:09 pm    ::: Re: OKC Championship: (2) Texas A&M vs. (1) Tennessee Reply Reply with quote

Lady Vols by 25+. This will be just like the E8 ass whooping they put on Ole Miss last year. Texas A&M is a nice story, but they will get killed under the boards, by Bobbitt and Hornbuckle, and Tennessee has Candace Parker to bail them out if necessary, which it won't be.

myt

PostPosted: 04/01/08 3:10 pm    ::: Re: OKC Championship: (2) Texas A&M vs. (1) Tennessee Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Lady Vols by 25+. This will be just like the E8 ass whooping they put on Ole Miss last year. Texas A&M is a nice story, but they will get killed under the boards, by Bobbitt and Hornbuckle, and Tennessee has Candace Parker to bail them out if necessary, which it won't be.

X _____________________ Wink

At least I hope so! Razz

Cinderella vs The Orange Pumpkin...

PostPosted: 04/01/08 3:34 pm    ::: Re: OKC Championship: (2) Texas A&M vs. (1) Tennessee Reply Reply with quote

myt wrote:
ucbart wrote:

At least I hope so! Razz

There's no way the LV's win this game by 25+ points. Not with the 20 minute games they've been throwing together all season. And A&M is a GOOD team. They are not Ole Miss, a team that had one scorer, a conference foe that Tennessee was used to seeing and knew. Even if they do win, it won't be as easy as last year's regional against Ole Miss. A&M is seriously the real deal. They took care of Duke and that game never felt as close as the final score read and that was mostly WITHOUT their #1 scorer in Gant who was in the locker room getting IV's.

Last edited by luvDhoops on 04/01/08 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
jap

PostPosted: 04/01/08 3:44 pm    ::: Re: OKC Championship: (2) Texas A&M vs. (1) Tennessee Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
myt wrote:
ucbart wrote:

At least I hope so! Razz

There's no way the LV's win this game by 25+ points. Not with the 20 minute games they've been throwing together all season.

I believe the 20-minute game they had against ND should be enough to wake them up tonight. Look for Bobbit and Hornsbuckle to be at their energizer bunny best tonight as the Lady Vols prepare for the Final Four and LSU. Very Happy

PostPosted: 04/01/08 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gig em Aggies!

This team will give the Lady Vols a run for their money!

bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 04/01/08 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think UT will play hard enough to win-- 10-12 points, but every time A&M pushes, UT will push back. It will be tantalizingly close for A&M, but UT will advance.

Let the shilling begin: "Absolutely the best skill set of any college player we have ever seen." So says Nancy of Candace Parker.

PostPosted: 04/01/08 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GO AGGIES! Be careful about looking at the Vols crossed eye's least you get the fouls......as you can see it's already happening Wink

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
Queenie

PostPosted: 04/01/08 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm all in favor of any result that would piss off the Powers That Be at ESPN, so go Aggies!

PostPosted: 04/01/08 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone else having issues with the sound on Espn!? It's pissing me off!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Scarab

PostPosted: 04/01/08 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so far looks like Hornbuckle showed up to play this time

PostPosted: 04/01/08 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

flojojr2007 wrote:
Anyone else having issues with the sound on Espn!? It's pissing me off!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

No, sounds good to me; what is the problem, no sound or annoying sounds?

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 04/01/08 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

flojojr2007 wrote:

Be greatful you don't have to listening to the blithering idiot that is Nancy Liberman...

Scarab

PostPosted: 04/01/08 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OOOOOOOOOOOh....beautiful fade away by Parker!

PostPosted: 04/01/08 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Scarab wrote:

Did parker really jus do the Time out signal? hmm Classy i love it.. and if NL gets any farther up CP's ass were gunna have to call her Candace Nancy Parker Liberman

Scarab

PostPosted: 04/01/08 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could someone please step up and stop Aqua? lol

PostPosted: 04/01/08 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's working now
mikeyc22

PostPosted: 04/01/08 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OMG they just swung at her. And its Tennessee ball?? Shocked Shocked

Scarab

PostPosted: 04/01/08 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bigbri131014 wrote:
Scarab wrote:

Did parker really jus do the Time out signal? hmm Classy i love it.. and if NL gets any farther up CP's ass were gunna have to call her Candace Nancy Parker Liberman

Well...ya know...when you're in love, you're in love. You just can't hide it. (Hearing the strains of "And I just can't fight this feeling anymore..." off in the distance) Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: