RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Worst Commercials So Far
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Most Annoying Commercial So Far
Coke Zero
25%
 25%  [ 14 ]
Honking Car Horn
41%
 41%  [ 23 ]
Aerobic Orbitz
33%
 33%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 56

Kelli

PostPosted: 03/30/08 9:53 pm    ::: Worst Commercials So Far Reply Reply with quote

Which commercial would you be happy to not see again...EVER???

Feel free to add your own.

PostPosted: 03/30/08 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm oddly fond of the Coke Zero ads -- the lawyers crack me up

PostPosted: 03/30/08 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
I'm oddly fond of the Coke Zero ads -- the lawyers crack me up

But the execs are SO annoying!!!

PostPosted: 03/30/08 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love the Orbitz commercials. I fucking hate the Coke Zero commercials. One or two is fine but god damn 34634523423 different commercials, the same amount of lawyers, it gets boring. And annoying.

PostPosted: 03/30/08 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i'm sorry, but i'm seeing that damn Orbitz commercial at EVERY freakin' break. it's not a bad commercial, but now i want to kill someone. the car horn is worse, but i don't think i've been subjected to it quite as often. which isn't saying much. the coke zero ones annoy me the least.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/30/08 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just keep thinking "OMG the car is Christine!" That one wins... loses?... if only because I hear enough car horns in real life, ones on TV are over the top.

PostPosted: 03/30/08 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Orbitz commercial is really bad - and on a wide screen even worse.

Ineffably sublime
John 1:1-5
Shoots&Scores

PostPosted: 03/30/08 11:00 pm    ::: Worst commercial Reply Reply with quote

I can handle all 3 of the above commercials but the promo for 'Horton Hears a Who' had my blood boiling. That promo was sooo overplayed I came close to not seeing the movie.

PostPosted: 03/30/08 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have mixed feelings about Orbitz. I hate the jingle and the aerobics woman, but the looks on the kids' faces are pretty priceless. I love the car horn. Don't mind the Coke Zero too much, but it's kind of annoying after a while. What really annoys me, though, is that darn Fox. "Crazy like a fox!" Ugh.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/30/08 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm starting to hate the Subway commercial. The food really isn't that good anyway.

Mathies to LA 2013
bullsky

PostPosted: 03/30/08 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
I'm starting to hate the Subway commercial. The food really isn't that good anyway.

I LOVE subway! Hater! Wink

PostPosted: 03/30/08 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Car Horn. I don't even know what car they're selling cause I always change the channel.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
waterloosunset

PostPosted: 03/30/08 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hate the car horn. Passionately. Besides the fact that it's repeatedly HONKING A CAR HORN AT ME, it's just stupid. No one would be near tears in terror that a car's alarm system was acting funny. If I had any idea what company it was, I'd swear never to buy one.

The coke zero commercials are unique for me in the fact that I hate the concept, and love the execution. I could stare at those commercials forever. And they have the extra added attraction of never honking a car horn at me, not even once.

I think Subway is just dandy, so long as you like gummy glutenous blechhhness.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/30/08 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The Car Horn. I don't even know what car they're selling cause I always change the channel.

The car horn was cute once or twice, but has gotten annoying as hell.

PostPosted: 03/31/08 6:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least there are not a gazillion Monistat commercials this time.

PostPosted: 03/31/08 6:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

waterloosunset wrote:
Hate the car horn. Passionately. Besides the fact that it's repeatedly HONKING A CAR HORN AT ME, it's just stupid. No one would be near tears in terror that a car's alarm system was acting funny. If I had any idea what company it was, I'd swear never to buy one.

The coke zero commercials are unique for me in the fact that I hate the concept, and love the execution. I could stare at those commercials forever. And they have the extra added attraction of never honking a car horn at me, not even once.

I think Subway is just dandy, so long as you like gummy glutenous blechhhness.

I hate the car horn commercial with a passion. HATE IT. Not that I would ever consider getting a VW, but def not now. Esp with the girlfriend/wife saying 'What's happening' like the entire building is possessed.

Absolutely, horribly stupid. And ANNOYING AS HELL. Laughing

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/31/08 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

goes to show that too much of ANYTHING, especially bad ads, is no good.

personally, the orbitz ad is least offensive.

the mother character is perfect- an annoying, unattractive, unappreciative woman, demanding something she has no right to demand.

you feel for hubby. the understanding look between he and the kids is priceless, as is the deliberate look we're given of mom's gross, flabby ass at the very end. lmao.

almost as repetitive are the verizon ads. i like the one w/ the babe walking through the lobby....the way she says "i like brad"..i love it. LOVE it.

PostPosted: 03/31/08 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My vote goes to the one with Parker saying how anything less than a NC would be a failure, and claiming "we" have seven NCs, when she was still in diapers for three of them, and in jr. high for another three. That one's so bad, many of you will argue my point that it's a commercial.

PostPosted: 03/31/08 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkee212 wrote:
My vote goes to the one with Parker saying how anything less than a NC would be a failure, and claiming "we" have seven NCs, when she was still in diapers for three of them, and in jr. high for another three. That one's so bad, many of you will argue my point that it's a commercial.

Right on cue. Right. on. cue. Smile

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 03/31/08 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ORBITZ... ugh. It doesn't help that it is alwaysss the first commerical played during any break in action.

Shoots&Scores

PostPosted: 03/31/08 10:16 am    ::: Car Horn Reply Reply with quote

Car Horn commercial: just saw it again, and the car horn doesn't annoy me...it's the smedium(small/medium) sweater the guy is wearing that bothers me! I have apparently tuned out the car horn after the 5th viewing.

PostPosted: 03/31/08 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkee212 wrote:

Did Candace Parker snub you for an autograph or something once? Beat out a relative for a spot at Tennessee? Piss in your cornflakes? Breathe in more than her fair share of oxygen?? Your constant infusion of Parker into any conversation is a bit scary. Really. Shocked

Anywho, my vote goes to the car horn commercial. It's just dumb. I think it's the woman with her overly dramatic "Honey, what's going on here" or whatever the hell she says, like they're about to be attacked by flesh eating Volkswagons or something Rolling Eyes

Ditto on the Horton Hears a Who commercial. They show that one entirely too much.

- Diana Taurasi
bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 03/31/08 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thatGAgirl wrote:
bballjunkee212 wrote:

Did Candace Parker snub you for an autograph or something once? Beat out a relative for a spot at Tennessee? Piss in your cornflakes? Breathe in more than her fair share of oxygen?? Your constant infusion of Parker into any conversation is a bit scary. Really. Shocked

It's not just me:

NJJosh wrote:
This game could have been tied with a minute to go, ND in position to pull off the biggest upset of the tournament and perhaps its biggest win since they won the '01 national title. And instead of analyzing what each team was doing and what they should do in this situation, they'd be waxing poetically about Candace Parker and Pat Summit. As if we weren't aware of their greatness already.

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=37330

PostPosted: 03/31/08 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I kinda like the Orbitz ad because I find the looks they give each other, and that hideous aerobics outfit funny as hell. I also like the Coke Zero ads because it's funny seeing those actors "punk" the lawyers - "I'm a real estate attorney". Funny.

The VW ad is awful. The sweater, the comparison to a really bad horror movie, and the guy who's hitting the alarm button has a weirdly sloping skull that creeps me out a little.

On the positive side, I really love the NCAA ads, like the kids w/ the trading cards, or the one w/ the guy approving a new wingtip shoe for endorsement. Engaging, funny way to bring home the message.

PostPosted: 03/31/08 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't even understand the point of the car horn commercial. The first couple clearly wants to buy a car, and despite the woman's over-reaction to horn (please, who among us hasn't been subjected to someone's panic/car alarm going off randomly?) the annoying part is that the couple are being made to look foolish. So what's the message here, come in to VW so we can make you look like an idiot? Or help you delight in making others look like an idiot? Multi-culturally? Twisted Evil Ok, perhaps that last comment of mine was over the line, but it seemed rather purposely contrived to me.

Don't mind the Orbitz commercial. It at least has some amusement value. Subway sandwiches aren't my favorite, but I'll eat one on occasion.

I think I'm most amused by the Verizon commercial where the woman is attending the baby shower. That one cracks me up every time.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: