RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Go 'Yotes! Go Norse!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 03/29/08 4:55 pm    ::: Go 'Yotes! Go Norse! Reply Reply with quote

For some reason I want the 'Yotes -- prolly 'cause of how the upset Delta... The NKU coach is a hoot, tho

PostPosted: 03/29/08 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

great Vermillion crowd... 3's v. Post so far (ESPN2)

gotta love the fact that a 5-11 kid is considered tall Smile just like normal people

PostPosted: 03/29/08 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will admit that I don't really follow D2 or D3 hoops for the men or the women, but I did watch the D3 women's title game and I'm watching the D2 women right now.

I'd like to see South Dakota win because the coach is retiring after the game and it would be one hell of a way to go out.

Holy crap, did you see the shot where the ball stopped moving and just sat on the back of the rim?

Now that would be the HORSE shot of all HORSE shots.

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 03/29/08 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lol - that's Horse and out. Smile

I don't watch ('cause it's not on tv and/or online) BUT I've been following on paper -- and psyched to see the people I've been reading about "live."

Some great stories - and a reminder of how special basketball can be at all levels.

PostPosted: 03/29/08 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, and Howard Payne is a GREAT story too -- coach K comes out of Bill Fennelly's stable (he was a grad asst?) and took over a program that was beyond sucky - 50 in the stands if he was lucky. 8 years later the stands are packed, he gets COY honors, his team goes undefeated and wins the National CHampionship. awesome

PostPosted: 03/29/08 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And with a comeback from 12 points down in the second half, the Norse Women of Northern Kentucky defeat the South Dakota Coyotes 63-58 to win the 2007-2008 NCAA Division 2 Women's championship.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/29/08 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to NKU! I was rooting for them and was afraid I was providing my usual jinx for a lot of the game Smile.

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 03/29/08 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it's pretty amazing that, over the last 3 years, 24 different DII teams have made it to the Elite Eight.

THAT'S some kind of parity!!!

Anyone know what it's like on the boy's side?

PostPosted: 03/29/08 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to the Norse! I attended many camps at NKU in my younger days. Winstel is definitely a hoot, but a very good coach. And I played with and/or against 2 of the Norse players in grade school and high school days. It was cool seeing them playing on TV and winning a national championship.

RIP DEEETROIT BAASKETBALL
RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 03/29/08 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

golden33 wrote:
And I played with and/or against 2 of the Norse players in grade school and high school days. It was cool seeing them playing on TV and winning a national championship.

That is SOOOO cool.

Fun game to watch -- great crowd from SD -- sorry to have their team lose, but hey, it's been a pretty storybook season for them....

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: