RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New Orleans Semifinal: (3) Oklahoma State vs. (2) LSU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/29/08 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
I know -- 'cause ALL those men's games are works of art. Rolling Eyes

I disagree. This year's men's tournament has been GREAT! Those games have been more aesthetically pleasing than most of the women's games to date.

Mathies to LA 2013
RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 03/29/08 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

could peeps pause in the pissin' match and answer a question/hypothetical?

Is there a rule that addresses trash talking?

What's the line in trash talking? What rule would you like officials to enforce in verbal language used by players directed at another player?

Caught some boys game and a kid got tee'd up for kinda going "nyah nyah" at an opponent after a time out had been called....

PostPosted: 03/29/08 4:49 pm    ::: Re: New Orleans Semifinal Reply Reply with quote

Smoovie wrote:
Like I said, you don't know me like that. But, keep dreaming

I don't know you at all, yet you cussed me for some odd reason. Why? I have no idea.

Maybe you need to take a nap and allow all that pent-up anger to dissipate. I'm not your enemy. I don't even know you--nor do I care to.

Mathies to LA 2013
Smoovie

PostPosted: 03/29/08 4:57 pm    ::: Re: New Orleans Semifinal Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Smoovie wrote:
Like I said, you don't know me like that. But, keep dreaming

I don't know you at all, yet you cussed me for some odd reason. Why? I have no idea.

Maybe you need to take a nap and allow all that pent-up anger to dissipate. I'm not your enemy. I don't even know you--nor do I care to.

Get over yourself. You ain't anybody worth knowing

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/29/08 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
could peeps pause in the pissin' match and answer a question/hypothetical?

Sure, I'm done. I have nothing else to say to that individual. Laughing

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
Is there a rule that addresses trash talking?

To my knowledge, no--nor should there be. There's nothing wrong with a little trash talk as long as it doesn't cross the line (se below).

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
What's the line in trash talking?

I'm sure folks are familiar with TO's trash-talking methods. He literally gets into his opponent's face, nods his head, and keeps talking junk. His mouth and the opponent's ear are usually separated by less than three inches.

I saw this kind of trash talking going on between Riley and White after Riley Mutombo'd White's shot. When the two were in each other's ear, I think I would've brought an end to that with a verbal warning.

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
What rule would you like officials to enforce in verbal language used by players directed at another player?

Limit the vulgarity and stay out of each other's ears. Also, no pointing or yelling obscenities in your opponent's face. Any of that should result in a warning first (unless it's pointing/yelling, which should be an automatic tech) and then technicals assessed thereafter.

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
Caught some boys game and a kid got tee'd up for kinda going "nyah nyah" at an opponent after a time out had been called....

Seems fair to me. That can be interpreted as "showing up one's opponent", which should be punishable by technical foul.

Mathies to LA 2013
ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 03/29/08 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
How stupid can one be to bite on a head fake from Erica White? Confused

Didn't see the game, but I'm cracking up at this...

LTF1

PostPosted: 03/29/08 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan:"She's [White] as big an idiot as Riley, and anyone in the SEC will tell you that." Well, I am a fan in the SEC and would not tell you that at all. In fact, White is second team All-SEC so apparently lots of folks don't think she is an idiot.

A life of leisure is no life you know"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPeJixp-zp4&feature=related
swok34

PostPosted: 03/29/08 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Riley did the same thing to a TEXAS player in the Big XII tournament.....
and I thought the whole team was going to get called for excessive celebration in that game. I was sitting right under the basket where Cortijo was called for an offensive foul that pretty much sealed the OSU victory. The OSU players got a DIRTY look from the official on that side of the play.

Friday, March 14, 2008
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/big12/tournament/women/stories/031508dnspowomdate.3424d9e.html

Quote:
Conference won't discipline OSU's Riley
Oklahoma State guard Andrea Riley will not be disciplined by the Big 12 office for an incident that occurred Thursday against Texas in the tournament semifinals, a league spokeswoman said.

Television showed replays in which it appeared Riley hit UT's Earnesia Williams during a battle for a loose ball. Big 12 spokeswoman Joni James said the league reviewed the matter and no public comment would be made.

I know it was a physical game, a lot of pushing and shoving and a lot of emotion running," OSU coach Kurt Budke said. "Oklahoma State plays by the rules, and whatever the commissioner decides, we'll live with."

It was in the semi-finals and I got the impression watching the Finals that something had been said to Riley. Riley was different; she accidently knocked over a Texas A & M player and was the first to help her up, very apologetic.

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 03/29/08 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LTF1 wrote:
bballfan:"She's [White] as big an idiot as Riley, and anyone in the SEC will tell you that." Well, I am a fan in the SEC and would not tell you that at all. In fact, White is second team All-SEC so apparently lots of folks don't think she is an idiot.

I'm going to guess that, in this case, "idiot" does not reference basketball skills but personal actions.

Unless you're saying that the second team all-sec is named because of their on court behavior, not skill?

PostPosted: 03/29/08 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You Tubed.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pip2Qr1qyv4

LTF1

PostPosted: 03/30/08 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youtube is a wonderful thing!

A life of leisure is no life you know"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPeJixp-zp4&feature=related
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: