RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New Orleans Semifinal: (3) Oklahoma State vs. (2) LSU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 03/29/08 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This game is an example of why people still make fun of womens basketball. It's just so freakin' ugly to watch it's painful.

PostPosted: 03/29/08 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All of the sudden, nobody can miss o_o

PostPosted: 03/29/08 3:34 pm    ::: Re: New Orleans Semifinal Reply Reply with quote

Orion wrote:
In soccer and in American football, players can be penalized after the game for offenses not noticed by the refs during the game. That is what happened to Boom Boom when she cheap shotted (?) Coco. Does that ever happen in the NCAA's? Riley should be severely punished for that move. Does not matter if White is just as bad -- she was not doing anything at the time except watching the rebound and did not deserved to be slapped like that. Phew. Rolling Eyes

So, you're reporting live from New Orleans--right? Rolling Eyes You know all that transpired between the two, right? Rolling Eyes

Of course it matters that White is "just as bad". She started the whole fucking altercation by yapping with an underclassman after getting her weak ass shot blocked. Had she just STFU and moved on to the next play, Riley wouldn't have reacted the way she did. I'm not excusing Riley for her stupid decision-making, but this whole trying to make White into a victim act is sickening. She's as big an idiot as Riley, and anyone in the SEC will tell you that.

Mathies to LA 2013
Orion

PostPosted: 03/29/08 3:38 pm    ::: New Orleans Semifinal Reply Reply with quote

Gee, Mrs. Riley, I did not mean to insult your daughter. Shocked

Still didn't get my question answered: Anybody know if the NCAA reviews film and takes action after games for altercations such as we witnessed.
(All of us save for Mrs. Riley, that is.)

PostPosted: 03/29/08 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It happened a few years ago to a UCONN mens player.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/29/08 3:42 pm    ::: Re: New Orleans Semifinal Reply Reply with quote

Orion wrote:
Gee, Mrs. Riley, I did not mean to insult your daughter. Shocked

My bad, Mrs. White--didn't mean to shed the light on your daughter's histrionics. Rolling Eyes

Mathies to LA 2013
JACKOWACKO

PostPosted: 03/29/08 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, Riley just got owned by White right there Shocked

PostPosted: 03/29/08 3:47 pm    ::: Re: New Orleans Semifinal Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Orion wrote:
In soccer and in American football, players can be penalized after the game for offenses not noticed by the refs during the game. That is what happened to Boom Boom when she cheap shotted (?) Coco. Does that ever happen in the NCAA's? Riley should be severely punished for that move. Does not matter if White is just as bad -- she was not doing anything at the time except watching the rebound and did not deserved to be slapped like that. Phew. Rolling Eyes

So, you're reporting live from New Orleans--right? Rolling Eyes You know all that transpired between the two, right? Rolling Eyes

Of course it matters that White is "just as bad". She started the whole fucking altercation by yapping with an underclassman after getting her weak ass shot blocked. Had she just STFU and moved on to the next play, Riley wouldn't have reacted the way she did. I'm not excusing Riley for her stupid decision-making, but this whole trying to make White into a victim act is sickening. She's as big an idiot as Riley, and anyone in the SEC will tell you that.

Come on, I know I'm definitely not trying to make White into a victim girl Laughing I can't speak for everyone else, but I know I'm with ya in that White is no saint and was doing some unnecessary jawing. I'm just saying from what I saw on that particular play, Riley physically struck White. I didn't see White with any physical confrontation beforehand so I thought Riley took it too far and should have been T'd up for that shit.

Agreed that both have been ridiculous.

- Diana Taurasi
JACKOWACKO

PostPosted: 03/29/08 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Riley fouls out after getting her pocket picked by White a few plays ago...26 points but needs to get a little more mature on the court. She is incredibly talented.

PostPosted: 03/29/08 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LSU wins 67-52 Cool

PostPosted: 03/29/08 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, now I know why Riley acted like she did, the way White was like down the stretch of that game celebrating and what not. I probably would have swung too. I get ya Bballfan.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/29/08 4:03 pm    ::: Re: New Orleans Semifinal Reply Reply with quote

thatGAgirl wrote:
Come on, I know I'm definitely not trying to make White into a victim girl Laughing I can't speak for everyone else, but I know I'm with ya in that White is no saint and was doing some unnecessary jawing. I'm just saying from what I saw on that particular play, Riley physically struck White. I didn't see White with any physical confrontation beforehand so I thought Riley took it too far and should have been T'd up for that shit.

I hear ya, but everyone--even ESPN--has decided it was a one-sided affair. Apparently, Riley provoked herself, while White remained poised and calm. Not buying that crap.

Mathies to LA 2013
mikeyc22

PostPosted: 03/29/08 4:06 pm    ::: Re: New Orleans Semifinal Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
thatGAgirl wrote:

I hear ya, but everyone--even ESPN--has decided it was a one-sided affair. Apparently, Riley provoked herself, while White remained poised and calm. Not buying that crap.

I now see where you were coming from with White celebrating everything down the stretch and making the 3 and sticking her hand out and running around screaming like a psycho.

Orion

PostPosted: 03/29/08 4:12 pm    ::: New Orleans Semifinal Reply Reply with quote

I really have no dog in this fight. No connection with either team.

White may be a serial killer in her off-court time, for all I know. However, I believe in praising or punishing explicit behaviors, not character styles or reputations. If White was taunting Riley, the refs should have stepped in. Maybe she was and maybe they missed that as they did Riley's assault on White. But you just cannot slap/punch/whatever, no matter how offensive the other person is. To allow otherwise is to give credibility to the claim of spouse abusers, "She made me so mad. It is her fault I hit her!"

To stay away from morality, think how irresponsible Riley was to her team. If she had been seen by an official, she could/should have been ejected. What would her team have done at that time without her? Among other things, it was a reckless, selfish act.

That is all I have to say in the matter.

PostPosted: 03/29/08 4:13 pm    ::: Re: New Orleans Semifinal Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Orion wrote:

So, are you saying that punk ass shit was justified. Talking shit is one thing. Slapping a person in the back of the head, when they're looking the other way, is thuggery. Excuse me for being overly sensitive. But, I've seen first hand how that same spiteful punk ass action on a basketball court, put someone in a fuckin' wheelchair. She needs her ass kicked, behind that shit.

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/29/08 4:14 pm    ::: Re: New Orleans Semifinal Reply Reply with quote

mikeyc22 wrote:
I now see where you were coming from with White celebrating everything down the stretch and making the 3 and sticking her hand out and running around screaming like a psycho.

Yup. In no way am I condoning Riley's act, but I can see why she reacted the way she did--and that has to do with White being a gigantic asshole. White's the typical runty instigator who hangs around the neighborhood bully.

Mathies to LA 2013
BBLady

PostPosted: 03/29/08 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unfortunately, Riley throws a cheap shot in almost every game. Anyone who has saw her play in the Big 12 games will verify. This was not an isolated incident - it is a common occurrence for her.

Smoovie

PostPosted: 03/29/08 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBLady wrote:
Unfortunately, Riley throws a cheap shot in almost every game. Anyone who has saw her play in the Big 12 games will verify. This was not an isolated incident - it is a common occurrence for her.

I'm glad they're gone. The game don't need that shit

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/29/08 4:19 pm    ::: Re: New Orleans Semifinal Reply Reply with quote

Smoovie wrote:
So, are you saying that punk ass shit was justified. Talking shit is one thing. Slapping a person in the back of the head, when they're looking the other way, is thuggery. Excuse me for being overly sensitive. But, I've seen first hand how that same spiteful punk ass action on a basketball court, put someone in a fuckin' wheelchair. She needs her ass kicked, behind that shit.

Rolling Eyes

No, I'm saying that the "punk ass shit" was understood given what is known of both players. There are no victims here, hon. Had it gone the other way, my reaction would've been the same. I don't condone what Riley did, but I'm not about to pretend that White was victimized. She'd been pushing around Riley's teammates earlier in the game, and she got caught a few times.

To me, this was like Mabika taking a swing at Elaine Powell. Is there really a victim?

Mathies to LA 2013
Smoovie

PostPosted: 03/29/08 4:27 pm    ::: Re: New Orleans Semifinal Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Smoovie wrote:

Rolling Eyes

No, I'm saying that the "punk ass shit" was understood given what is known of both players. There are no victims here, hon. Had it gone the other way, my reaction would've been the same. I don't condone what Riley did, but I'm not about to pretend that White was victimized. She'd been pushing around Riley's teammates earlier in the game, and she got caught a few times.

To me, this was like Mabika taking a swing at Elaine Powell. Is there really a victim?

I don't think anybody is calling White a victim. But, Riley hit the girl in the back of the head. THAT'S SOME PUNK ASS SHIT, and a freak accident waiting to happen. Somebody talk shit to me, I'm gonna talk shit back, and drop a couple buckets in their face. But, if you hit me in the back of my head. THE GAME WILL STOP Because, I will stomp your ass into the ground.[/b]

Smoovie

PostPosted: 03/29/08 4:28 pm    ::: Re: New Orleans Semifinal Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Smoovie wrote:

Rolling Eyes

and who the fuck you callin' hon. you don't know me like that

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/29/08 4:39 pm    ::: Re: New Orleans Semifinal Reply Reply with quote

Smoovie wrote:
I don't think anybody is calling White a victim. But, Riley hit the girl in the back of the head. THAT'S SOME PUNK ASS SHIT, and a freak accident waiting to happen. Somebody talk shit to me, I'm gonna talk shit back, and drop a couple buckets in their face. But, if you hit me in the back of my head. THE GAME WILL STOP Because, I will stomp your ass into the ground.

Cute.

Smoovie wrote:

I believe that's what I called you. Don't like it? Don't care, hon.

Mathies to LA 2013
RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 03/29/08 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:
This game is an example of why people still make fun of womens basketball. It's just so freakin' ugly to watch it's painful.

I know -- 'cause ALL those men's games are works of art. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 03/29/08 4:45 pm    ::: Re: New Orleans Semifinal Reply Reply with quote

Smoovie wrote:

Quote:
I believe that's what I called you. Don't like it? Don't care, hon

Like I said, you don't know me like that. But, keep dreaming

Last edited by Smoovie on 03/29/08 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
bballfan

PostPosted: 03/29/08 4:45 pm    ::: Re: New Orleans Semifinal Reply Reply with quote

Shocked Ok, I am calling 911 right now... Here comes the three truck!

http://www.myspace.com/cappie23officialfansite
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: