RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kara is...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/22/08 11:42 pm    ::: Kara is... Reply Reply with quote

...an elitist snob. Rolling Eyes I think Marist has a chance to make this game a good one even if it's on LSU's home court. *shudders* I'm with Stacey here. UGA, of all teams, was able to hang with LSU on its home court.

Mathies to LA 2013
bullsky

PostPosted: 03/22/08 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm with Kara. I think LSU is going to mop the floor with Marist. Laughing

PostPosted: 03/22/08 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it'll be a close game but LSU should pull it out. Also, for a home court, that gym isn't particularly loud...
braveniler58

PostPosted: 03/22/08 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I picked Marist to beat LSU. I hope they do Laughing

PostPosted: 03/22/08 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And then she goes on to say that no one can even challenge UConn until the Elite 8. Rolling Eyes

She's dead wrong...

Now I see why Doris looked like she'd just had a root canal when she was stuck in the studio with Stacey, Trey, and Kara. She was probably like, "Just kill me now"...

Mathies to LA 2013
memphis10

PostPosted: 03/23/08 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
And then she goes on to say that no one can even challenge UConn until the Elite 8. Rolling Eyes

She's dead wrong...

Maybe, maybe not. You know the rule: If Monica Wright and/or Aisha Muhammad get into foul trouble...

bballfan2005 wrote:
Now I see why Doris looked like she'd just had a root canal when she was stuck in the studio with Stacey, Trey, and Kara. She was probably like, "Just kill me now"...

But I like that look. Laughing

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/23/08 12:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

memphis10 wrote:
Maybe, maybe not. You know the rule: If Monica Wright and/or Aisha Muhammad get into foul trouble...

Good point.

I'm not saying that it will definitely happen (because both teams, especially UVA, would need to take care of business first before thinking about G'boro), but I'm not going to sit here and dismiss it altogether like Kara's doing. In every other region, those morons listed the #4 or #5 seed as a possible threat to the #1 seed. I guess a lot of teams could save the trouble by not showing up in G'boro, right? Rolling Eyes Kara's so presumptuous that it's sickening. Honestly, I don't see how people can consider her a "good" analysts when what she does can't even pass as "analysis", much less "good analysis". Just because she knows the game doesn't mean she's good at analyzing it.

I guess I'm sick of the whole "UConn has a cakewalk to the Elite 8" bullshit. Yes, Virginia got killed by UConn in early December. However, that team had Kalana Greene, Mel Thomas, a healthy Brittany Hunter, and a fresh Maya Moore coming off the bench. This team is down Thomas and Greene, Hunter is gimpy, and Maya appears to have hit "the wall". They're not invincible anymore. Still, this version of the Huskies pounded Rutgers by 20 in March--yet Rutgers is the only team in the regional that can defeat the Huskies? Sorry, not buying that one.

If both teams advance to G'boro, UConn will have its hands full with Virginia--and the possiblity of an upset is definitely there. The game would be in familiar territory for UVA and "far" away from the friendly confines of CT for UConn. Lyndra Littles and Monica Wright have been playing out of their minds for the Hoos lately, and I do think Mohammed will be even bigger of a factor this time around now that she's learned how to play against elite posts like Langhorne, Larkins, Whittington (if you consider her a post), etc. If nobody thinks I know what I'm talking about, let's not forget that I was the one who said Ole Miss could knock off Maryland last year because of the former's outstanding guard play. And yes, I was laughed at last year for saying that. So laugh now. I don't give a fuck. I can take it.

I would just love for that Virginia over UConn upset to happen (should the teams advance that far) so that Kara and Stacey can look as though they'd just ingested a bowl full of roaches. Very Happy ESPN wouuld definitely have a coronary should UConn not make it out of the bracket.

memphis10 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

But I like that look. Laughing

It suits her well, I think. Razz Today, she looked like a woman who wishes she had a TV contract with CBS and not just ESPN/ABC.

Mathies to LA 2013
dukemayo

PostPosted: 03/23/08 5:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lots of good points. I've thought about UVa's familiarity with Greensboro too as one reason they could give UConn trouble. Of course, balancing that out will be the fact that the UConn crowd will outnumber UVa's about 10 to 1.

Any remaining advantage UVa has in being assigned to Greensboro is just one those accidents that's going to happen when a neutral court happens to be a conference tournament site.

The unfairness that could be avoided is what UVa will be facing if they play ODU on their homecourt. Rather than have some teams get an unearned homecourt advantage like that, the NCAA should work its way back to the former practice of letting the top 16 seeds host. It can't happen soon enough for me.

jimmyk

PostPosted: 03/23/08 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:

I actually thought Doris looked more like that on OtL. I'm sure one day through the tournament she wasn't thoroughly pleased to have to be there early to talk about something like that.

vanyogan

PostPosted: 03/23/08 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jimmyk wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

I actually thought Doris looked more like that on OtL. I'm sure one day through the tournament she wasn't thoroughly pleased to have to be there early to talk about something like that.

Doris is a pro, Broadcast 101 says if you have a mismatch you talk about the things the underdog has to do to compete, why it will be difficult, but leave the impression it's possible. This way you have an audience and don't piss off half the audience with a vested interest in the outcome.

Kara and Stacy have a propensity for getting in on air pissing contests. Kara says today, "Oklahoma is a flawed team", she backs it up of course but her choice of words... aaaauuugggghhh!

PostPosted: 03/23/08 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think LSU will win easilly, unfortunately Crying or Very sad ...Marist will have a tough time handling Sylvia, and LSU has the homecourt advantage...

Only way Marist can hang is if they shoot the lights out from 3, and get Sylvia in foul trouble. Can BOTH things happen???

Anyway, I REALLY hope its a good game, but I dont see it...

Lsu will probably win by at least 15 or so Confused .

PostPosted: 03/23/08 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's what I want to know: Doris is like what, 40-45? So do they make her look as young as Stacey and Kara with makeup and selective lighting? Or are photochopping the image?

But y'all are right, Doris does have her "just shoot me" face on.

PostPosted: 03/23/08 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JACKOWACKO wrote:
I think LSU will win easilly, unfortunately Crying or Very sad ...Marist will have a tough time handling Sylvia, and LSU has the homecourt advantage...

Only way Marist can hang is if they shoot the lights out from 3, and get Sylvia in foul trouble. Can BOTH things happen???

Anyway, I REALLY hope its a good game, but I dont see it...

Lsu will probably win by at least 15 or so Confused .

It depends on what Sylvia shows up...she's performed like a dud before..

PostPosted: 03/23/08 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkee212 wrote:
Here's what I want to know: Doris is like what, 40-45? So do they make her look as young as Stacey and Kara with makeup and selective lighting? Or are photochopping the image?

But y'all are right, Doris does have her "just shoot me" face on.

Doris looks like the only person on the set who could possibly be 25.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: