RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

No. 1 seed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 03/09/08 3:08 pm    ::: No. 1 seed Reply Reply with quote

Been pondering the number 1 seeds again. UConn and UNC are locks in my opinion. I think that Tenn will get one too just b/c of RPI, strength of schedule and big wins. I am thinking that if LSU beats UT tonight they have a good argument for the fourth especially if Rutgers loses in the Big East Tournament.

Basically I think if Rutgers wins the Big East they get a 1. If they lose and LSU wins the SEC then they get it. If both of these teams lose then well IDK???

JACKOWACKO

PostPosted: 03/09/08 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two 1 seeds from the Big East if Rutgers wins? Do you think Stanford has a shot considering they beat Rutgers?

PostPosted: 03/09/08 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think if both LSU and Rutgers lose and Stanford wins the PAC 10 then they may have an argument. I think the last number 1 comes from LSU, Rutgers, Stanford for sure. Just depends on how the conferences shake out

memphis10

PostPosted: 03/09/08 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rutgers won't be a #1 seed. The committee hates Stringers' guts too much to be that reasonable even if Rutgers' does win the BET Championship. Hasn't history taught everyone that? Rolling Eyes

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
beknighted

PostPosted: 03/09/08 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

memphis10 wrote:
Rutgers won't be a #1 seed. The committee hates Stringers' guts too much to be that reasonable even if Rutgers' does win the BET Championship. Hasn't history taught everyone that? Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the reminder, memphis. Sad

Seriously, LSU does not seem like a contender with a loss tonight. The Lady Tigers would have a 2-4 record against the RPI top 25, and I don't think there's been a #1 seed with that few wins against the RPI top 25 in a long, long time (and maybe ever), not even considering the losing record. Even with a win, LSU is 3-3, with a loss (I know, I know, without Big Syl) against a team outside the RPI top 50, and all of the other possibilities, including Stanford and Maryland, are much beter than that.

Grumps

PostPosted: 03/09/08 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

memphis10 wrote:

If Rutgers were to get a 1 seed the committee would find a two or a three seed and give them a 16 seed and make Rutgers play them on the other teams home court... Wink

Grumps

LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 03/09/08 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All this talk is for nothing. Rutgers losing to Louisville takes them out of talk for a number 1. So now does LSU get it if they win? lose? What has to happen for Stanford to get the last number 1?

beknighted

PostPosted: 03/09/08 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LdyVolsFn wrote:
All this talk is for nothing. Rutgers losing to Louisville takes them out of talk for a number 1. So now does LSU get it if they win? lose? What has to happen for Stanford to get the last number 1?

Well, the RU loss ( Mad ) puts Stanford back into the picture. I have no idea what the committee would do if Stanford and LSU won, given the issues that both of them have.

LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 03/09/08 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
LdyVolsFn wrote:

Well, the RU loss ( Mad ) puts Stanford back into the picture. I have no idea what the committee would do if Stanford and LSU won, given the issues that both of them have.

Who knows.....LSU with the big win over UT and possibly 2. But those are the only 2 big wins really. Stanford also beat UT. I think Standfords schedule and record and wins look better, but I think LSU is the better team.

LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 03/09/08 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well Maryland, LSU, and Rutgers have all gone out in the Conference Tournament. Maybe Stanford deserves the Number 1 seed. And just sent them to Spokane.

Thrillrider08

PostPosted: 03/09/08 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn
Tennessee
North Carolina
Stanford (only if they win against Cal) if they don't then put LSU in there

WE ARE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

http://twitter.com/TravisInIndy
LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 03/09/08 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thrillrider08 wrote:
UConn
Tennessee
North Carolina
Stanford (only if they win against Cal) if they don't then put LSU in there

Then there are screwing things with location. Cuz Tenn should get to go to New Orleans but they will try to keep LSU, but won't pair up SEC teams. So does UT go to Oklahoma with UNC in New Orleans. Then do you pair up Rutgers and UT after their controversy. Leaving UConn with Baylor and Stanford with Maryland?

Thrillrider08

PostPosted: 03/09/08 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LdyVolsFn wrote:
Then there are screwing things with location. Cuz Tenn should get to go to New Orleans but they will try to keep LSU, but won't pair up SEC teams. So does UT go to Oklahoma with UNC in New Orleans. Then do you pair up Rutgers and UT after their controversy. Leaving UConn with Baylor and Stanford with Maryland?

Problem is....we have too many good teams.

Tenneesee should be locked into New Orleans, they've earned it. Send UNC to Oklahoma City and LSU/Stanford to Spokane. Maryland in Oklahoma City, Rutgers in New Orleans, LSU/Stanford in Spokane, etc etc

WE ARE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 03/09/08 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thrillrider08 wrote:
LdyVolsFn wrote:

Tenneesee should be locked into New Orleans, they've earned it. Send UNC to Oklahoma City and LSU/Stanford to Spokane. Maryland in Oklahoma City, Rutgers in New Orleans, LSU/Stanford in Spokane, etc etc

They won't pair up Maryland and UNC. Move Maryland to greensboro with UConn and Rutgers to Oklahoma with UNC and then the other #2 in New Orleans with Tenn..

mercfan3

PostPosted: 03/09/08 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LdyVolsFn wrote:
Thrillrider08 wrote:
LdyVolsFn wrote:

They won't pair up Maryland and UNC. Move Maryland to greensboro with UConn and Rutgers to Oklahoma with UNC and then the other #2 in New Orleans with Tenn..

I don't want Maryland..if they ever get their crap together they'll kill Uconn.. Confused I'm not sure who exactly I'd prefer Uconn to play though..

PostPosted: 03/09/08 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LdyVolsFn wrote:

UConn is supposed to get the weakest #2 seed and that isn't going to be Maryland.

WE ARE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 03/09/08 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thrillrider08 wrote:
LdyVolsFn wrote:

UConn is supposed to get the weakest #2 seed and that isn't going to be Maryland.

Then Tenn would have to get Maryland and give the 4th number 2 to UConn

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 03/09/08 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LdyVolsFn wrote:
Thrillrider08 wrote:
LdyVolsFn wrote:

That seems reasonable. I would love to see a match-up of those two. Isn't that what the tournaments about?

I think you can flip/flop Stanford and LSU, except in the case that the former loses in the Pac-10 final which I think is unlikely. I think regardless of whether one gets the no. 1 or the other, they're still going to meet in Spokane.

If so, I see the no. 2's this way.

5. Stanford/LSU
6. Rutgers
7. Maryland
8. Baylor (provided they don't lose before Big 12 Final)

Rutgers and Maryland will probably get flipped around depending on how UNC and Tennessee get placed on the S-curve.

LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 03/09/08 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
LdyVolsFn wrote:
Thrillrider08 wrote:
LdyVolsFn wrote:

That seems reasonable. I would love to see a match-up of those two. Isn't that what the tournaments about?

I think you can flip/flop Stanford and LSU, except in the case that the former loses in the Pac-10 final which I think is unlikely. I think regardless of whether one gets the no. 1 or the other, they're still going to meet in Spokane.

5. Stanford/LSU
6. Rutgers
7. Maryland

Rutgers and Maryland will probably get flipped around depending on how UNC and Tennessee get placed on the S-curve.

I agree with this. Pair up Stanford and LSU b/c they are dead even in my opinion for a #1. Put them in Spokane. Then that leaves UConn with Baylor?? and then Maryland Tennessee and Rutgers UNC

Grumps

PostPosted: 03/09/08 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Odds are Rutgers and TN will be in the same bracket...

The committee likes that... Shocked

Grumps

ucbart

PostPosted: 03/09/08 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LdyVolsFn wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:
LdyVolsFn wrote:
Thrillrider08 wrote:
LdyVolsFn wrote:

5. Stanford/LSU
6. Rutgers
7. Maryland

I agree with this. Pair up Stanford and LSU b/c they are dead even in my opinion for a #1. Put them in Spokane. Then that leaves UConn with Baylor?? and then Maryland Tennessee and Rutgers UNC

If Baylor doesn't win the B12 tournament, does Duke get the last #2 seed? They played very well in the ACC tournament and have a better SOS than Baylor.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/09/08 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Grumps wrote:

Grumps

I mean this in the nicest way possible, Grumps and all y'all in orange country, but I'm really goddamn sick of running into you guys every year in the tournament. Can't we get screwed some other way instead? Just for the novelty factor?

PostPosted: 03/09/08 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Grumps wrote:

Grumps

I mean this in the nicest way possible, Grumps and all y'all in orange country, but I'm really goddamn sick of running into you guys every year in the tournament. Can't we get screwed some other way instead? Just for the novelty factor?

Taken in the nicest possible way and returned the same...Even though we have come out on top, we don't like it either... Very Happy

Grumps

flojojr2007

PostPosted: 03/09/08 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want to see Maryland and UT!!! Lol. Too bad it doesn't matter what I want... Sad Laughing
flojojr2007

PostPosted: 03/09/08 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Grumps wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Grumps wrote:

Grumps

Taken in the nicest possible way and returned the same...Even though we have come out on top, we don't like it either... Very Happy

Grumps

Yea I really don't want to play Rutgers again! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: