RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Pac10 Tournament
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scullyfu

PostPosted: 03/10/08 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

appel is a quiet warrior.

PostPosted: 03/10/08 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i want to see cissy come off the bench. i think she's just the cutest little thang. Smile

PostPosted: 03/10/08 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CalBear wrote:
kage wrote:
Orange][Krush wrote:
This team's mentality is what's holding them back. I don't think they honestly think they can beat Stanford.

Sometimes, I think there's too much deference to the posts. They're -great- posts, don't get me wrong, but our guards should take ownership of this team as well.

This same group beat Stanford last year so they know they can beat them IMO it is what kage said this year there is too much deference to the post. The inside-outside play would be great if we had an outside, but we don't.

It upsets me that Boyle does not run clear outs for AGL and Vital, they have the ability to take their defenders one-on-one but Dev is just standing in the paint with 3 people around her, it is too congested. This year with Dev's knee she is struggling with her short jumper so they just park her downlow. And since AGL has returned she has not re-taken ownership of HER team. She was the leader their freshman year and I do not see her guiding and leading her teammates in the same way.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Ugh. Our guards are still forcing it into these stupid situations. Just take the shot yourself instead of throwing these 50-50 passes. >_<

Even if your own shot percentage is less than 50%, it's better than 0% when the triple team forces a turnover. Rolling Eyes
JACKOWACKO

PostPosted: 03/10/08 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cal bigs are strugg-a-ling...Walker still scoe-less

PostPosted: 03/10/08 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wiggins just having an amazing game, how about that contested shot she put in.

Just a great player.

2Old4Title9

PostPosted: 03/10/08 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hallelujah, they finally broke 20.

Ineffably sublime
John 1:1-5
kage

PostPosted: 03/10/08 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2Old4Title9 wrote:
Hallelujah, they finally broke 20.

Laughing

Dev looks gassed. She's not even going after defensive rebounds anymore.
kage

PostPosted: 03/10/08 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't like this press. I always feel like our press is too off/away from the ball to make much difference.
memphis10

PostPosted: 03/10/08 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is getting fugly. Cal is tanking while Fraud looks like a lock for the a #1 seed. Now if only Harvard gets in, hum. Razz

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
2Old4Title9

PostPosted: 03/10/08 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess the silver lining is, Cal has come a long way in a short time and they do have a lot to be proud of. Candice has just been unstoppable tonight.

Ineffably sublime
John 1:1-5
Shoots&Scores

PostPosted: 03/10/08 11:14 pm    ::: Cissy Reply Reply with quote

Cissy is in the game! I know somebody is happy! lol

PostPosted: 03/10/08 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
memphis10 wrote:
pilight wrote:
memphis10 wrote:
Somebody PLEASE tell the male announcer to never, ever, ever, ever, EVU say "Bear Backers" on air again. It just sounds soooooooooooooooo wrong. Laughing Do people really call Cal fans Bear Backers? Laughing Twisted Evil
Oh Fraud kicking ass 21-6 7:44 left.

Mercer supporters are officially called "Bear Backers".

Oh Dear. Embarassed Laughing

http://www.mercerbears.com/Pdfs/gen/2007/7/17/BearBackers.pdf

I am a Silver Bear.

Sweet, I can afford to be a Silver Bear. Razz Nice to know every school doesn't ask for your 1st born, arm and a kidney. Rolling Eyes

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
CalBear

PostPosted: 03/10/08 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happy that is over. Congrats to Stanford. Wiggins had a great game I think she wanted to put all that talk about how she struggled in the two previous meetings with Cal to rest.

kage

PostPosted: 03/10/08 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Stanford.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
FS02

PostPosted: 03/10/08 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, after demolishing the Pac-10 like this, Stanford better go deep in the tourney, or I'm gonna be pissed!

Cal has some time to hopefully regroup and get their strength back. I hope Hampton's knees aren't going to give out. Confused

hooper1

PostPosted: 03/10/08 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, what a snoozer of a tournament. Blow-outs all around. Let's hope for some better games in the NCAAs.

Swoopes_Tompson_Comets22

PostPosted: 03/10/08 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
Well, after demolishing the Pac-10 like this, Stanford better go deep in the tourney, or I'm gonna be pissed!

Cal has some time to hopefully regroup and get their strength back. I hope Hampton's knees aren't going to give out. Confused

I hope so too.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 03/11/08 1:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:

Yes, let's hope Cal regroups. They looked much better in those last 5 minutes. I wish more stuff had been run for N'Diaye. She clearly was able to score and would've helped Walker and Hampton.

Good luck to Stanford. I'm hoping for at least a Final Four run this year.

hoopfan24

PostPosted: 03/11/08 1:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CalBear wrote:
kage wrote:
Orange][Krush wrote:
This team's mentality is what's holding them back. I don't think they honestly think they can beat Stanford.

Sometimes, I think there's too much deference to the posts. They're -great- posts, don't get me wrong, but our guards should take ownership of this team as well.

This same group beat Stanford last year so they know they can beat them IMO it is what kage said this year there is too much deference to the post. The inside-outside play would be great if we had an outside, but we don't.

It upsets me that Boyle does not run clear outs for AGL and Vital, they have the ability to take their defenders one-on-one but Dev is just standing in the paint with 3 people around her, it is too congested. This year with Dev's knee she is struggling with her short jumper so they just park her downlow. And since AGL has returned she has not re-taken ownership of HER team. She was the leader their freshman year and I do not see her guiding and leading her teammates in the same way.

sorry, but this Stanford team is much better than last year, even with 2 players out with ACLs. Cal played great in the game at Maples last year. losing JJ in the first min of that game really affected Stanford.

On to tonight, I thought Stanford would win by 15 because we were fresh, and Cal wasn't. We beat Cal two weeks ago with Wiggins playing the worse game of her career. I knew that wasn't going to happen again.

Face it, Cal isn't a top ten team. Who have they beaten? They're a 3 seed at best. They struggled to beat Oregon on Sat and lost at UW. I know they have a short bench, but think Nada needs more playing time. Hampton and Walker need to get into shape, and Cal's needs their perimeter players to score.

Mary Murphy said pre game watch out if Wiggins goes off. Nice job Mary.

LakotaStorm

PostPosted: 03/11/08 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kage wrote:
You actually listen to the announcers? Shocked

I muted it about 5 minutes into the broadcast. Laughing

No kidding, annoying idiots, especially after the Wiggy comment. Please if that becomes the norm around the WNBA I'm going to have to bring ear plugs to the games.

Bears, Bears what happened to the #2 team? If you get invited to the NCAA you won't last a game playing like last night.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
eyevolley4

PostPosted: 03/11/08 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mary Murphy is great, and those two have been doing Pac 10 games since Wiggins hit the scene. They've really been there her whole career, and I for one enjoy them - Wiggy comment aside.

PostPosted: 03/11/08 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopfan24 wrote:
sorry, but this Stanford team is much better than last year, even with 2 players out with ACLs. Cal played great in the game at Maples last year. losing JJ in the first min of that game really affected Stanford.

On to tonight, I thought Stanford would win by 15 because we were fresh, and Cal wasn't. We beat Cal two weeks ago with Wiggins playing the worse game of her career. I knew that wasn't going to happen again.

Face it, Cal isn't a top ten team. Who have they beaten? They're a 3 seed at best. They struggled to beat Oregon on Sat and lost at UW. I know they have a short bench, but think Nada needs more playing time. Hampton and Walker need to get into shape, and Cal's needs their perimeter players to score.

Mary Murphy said pre game watch out if Wiggins goes off. Nice job Mary.

There are only 7 TOP teams this year and there are even different levels among that group. All of the teams underneath them have obvious weaknesses but some of those teams, like Cal, have little WBB history and are just building their programs (We are only 3 years into this). The only thing Cal fans have to face is that our team has come a long way in a short time and we need to try and build onto that and we can start by mixing it up on offense. Cal has not had a deep bench for three years now there have been available players but Boyle decides not to play them so she must feel there is a huge drop off in talent.

As far as our players conditioning Walker is not out of shape she is just a bigger girl the same way Appel is a bigger girl, but in game situations they both do fine on the court.
Hampton’s conditioning has been mentioned on here before as if she just decided to gain weight. Dev has been a warrior this year after losing a great deal of confidence after having her third knee surgery on her right knee. Some could argue that she should have redshirted this year. But sitting out for 2-3 straight weeks plus the medications she most likely was taking caused the obvious weight gain that is not too hard to make sense of. She was much heavier in Dec than she is now slowly but surely.

LadyDevilFan

PostPosted: 03/13/08 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

memphis10 wrote:
This is getting fugly. Cal is tanking while Fraud looks like a lock for the a #1 seed. Now if only Harvard gets in, hum. Razz

I know I'm late to the scene. I missed the tourney and was avoiding the boards like the plague until I got to watch my DVRed games. But I could not resist saying about the Harvard comment...: HA! Nothing would make me happier, especially now that I can claim affiliation to the wonderful university with the lovely distinction of being the ONLY 16 seed to...well, you know the rest. Razz

Heckling aside, Stanford has been dominating all season long (L.A. weekend aside), and they deserve a #1 seed, as much as it pains me to say it.

My sympathies to Cal fans -- I feel your pain.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: