RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Big Ten Tournament underway
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 03/06/08 2:37 pm    ::: Big Ten Tournament underway Reply Reply with quote

And the first game is done and over: no surprise here, but UM takes care of Penn State, putting an end to PSU's miserable season. PSU started off hot but then faltered big time.

The next game of course interests me the most today: Northwestern vs IU. Purdue gets the winner of this game, which I'm going to go on a real limb here and think it's going to be IU.

God only knows which Purdue team shows up tomorrow for this game. They might be just ready for the season to be over with as well.

PostPosted: 03/06/08 4:10 pm    ::: Re: Big Ten Tournament underway Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:
And the first game is done and over: no surprise here, but UM takes care of Penn State, putting an end to PSU's miserable season. PSU started off hot but then faltered big time.

The next game of course interests me the most today: Northwestern vs IU. Purdue gets the winner of this game, which I'm going to go on a real limb here and think it's going to be IU.

God only knows which Purdue team shows up tomorrow for this game. They might be just ready for the season to be over with as well.

IU up big over Northwestern by 19 with 5:00 2 go.....

If Coach V does not have the troops fired up tomorrow IU will take it !! Cool

" My best seasons in the WNBA have been the two that I spent in Indiana. Not only did I get the chance to play in front of some of the most passionate fans in the WNBA, but I also had an incredible opportunity to play alongside one of the best players in the history of the game in Tamika Catchings. " ANNA DEFORGE.
JACKOWACKO

PostPosted: 03/06/08 4:14 pm    ::: Re: Big Ten Tournament underway Reply Reply with quote

00NDROCKS wrote:
IndyPurduefan wrote:

Indy played well...Illinois vs Wisconsin coming up...will Jenna Smith dominate the badger bigs? Will this be Andersons final college game???

PostPosted: 03/06/08 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are these games online anywhere? I don't have BTN.

PostPosted: 03/06/08 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:

Try web , Big Ten Network, should have audio/gametracker .

" My best seasons in the WNBA have been the two that I spent in Indiana. Not only did I get the chance to play in front of some of the most passionate fans in the WNBA, but I also had an incredible opportunity to play alongside one of the best players in the history of the game in Tamika Catchings. " ANNA DEFORGE.
00NDROCKS

PostPosted: 03/06/08 4:30 pm    ::: Re: Big Ten Tournament underway Reply Reply with quote

JACKOWACKO wrote:
00NDROCKS wrote:
IndyPurduefan wrote:

Indy played well...Illinois vs Wisconsin coming up...will Jenna Smith dominate the badger bigs? Will this be Andersons final college game???

Illinois beat PU last game, so anything is possible.

bullsky

PostPosted: 03/06/08 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

00NDROCKS wrote:
Orange][Krush wrote:

Try web , Big Ten Network, should have audio/gametracker .

I found free audio! Smile

GO ILLINI!

PostPosted: 03/06/08 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Badgers offense is terrible...hard to imagine how theyll be next season without Anderson, yikes.

PostPosted: 03/06/08 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Illini about to beat the Badgers, up by 15.

Glad the Hoosiers won; BEAT PURDUE!

WE ARE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

http://twitter.com/TravisInIndy
bullsky

PostPosted: 03/06/08 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow! Good job ladies! Total team effort today by the Orange and Blue.

Tomorrow, we play Ohio State. As I stated in another thread, I really like our chances. I liked that we got Wisconsin in the first round, and I like that we get Ohio State in the second. Hopefully we will contain Lavender and Packer. Law rested some key players today, so that'll be key.

GO ILLINI! Very Happy

PostPosted: 03/06/08 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
Wow! Good job ladies! Total team effort today by the Orange and Blue.

Tomorrow, we play Ohio State. As I stated in another thread, I really like our chances. I liked that we got Wisconsin in the first round, and I like that we get Ohio State in the second. Hopefully we will contain Lavender and Packer. Law rested some key players today, so that'll be key.

GO ILLINI! Very Happy

Congratulations to Illinois and Coach Law!

bullsky

PostPosted: 03/06/08 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

By the way, this was our first win in the Big Ten Tourney since 2006(when we beat N'western) and this the first win over a non-N'western team in the Big Ten Tourney since 2001 when we beat Michigan State.

PostPosted: 03/06/08 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JACKOWACKO wrote:
The Badgers offense is terrible...hard to imagine how theyll be next season without Anderson, yikes.

I think they will be a middle of the pack team (not a top 5 team) if these 3 girls do well next year: Alyssa Karel, Mariah Dunham and Rae Lin D'Alie.

Capri

PostPosted: 03/06/08 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Combs started the end of her bench both halves - not that it made a whole lot of difference. Any idea why she sat her regular starters?

mzonefan

PostPosted: 03/07/08 8:17 am    ::: Anderson Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone know why Lisa Stone didn't take Jolene Anderson out in the last few futile seconds so those of us Big Ten fans couldn't recognize her career? I would have given her a standing O.

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 03/07/08 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Round 2 is underway......in the first game Iowa is up by 11 over UM at the half.

These are the two teams that actually scare me the most in the Big Ten this year.......even moreso than OSU.

PostPosted: 03/07/08 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iowa pounds Michigan 58-37.

Up next, the battle of the Hoosier state - Indiana vs. Purdue.

PostPosted: 03/07/08 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:

This is when I want to really tell Comcast to go screw themselves for not carrying the Big Ten Network.

Of course, I live here in Indy and should be at the game, but I can't because I have a 3pm conference call with a client that was unwilling to move the time because we had it scheduled for so long. I'm bummed I won't be there!!!

PostPosted: 03/07/08 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:
This is when I want to really tell Comcast to go screw themselves for not carrying the Big Ten Network.

I'm with ya!

PostPosted: 03/07/08 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
IndyPurduefan wrote:

I'm with ya!

Thank God for Direct TV HD DVR!

PostPosted: 03/07/08 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
Orange][Krush wrote:
IndyPurduefan wrote:

I'm with ya!

Thank God for Direct TV HD DVR!

I was all ready to get Directv a couple of weeks ago....the installer arrived and said he was going to have to put the satellite dish in the middle of the back yard because of trees and run the cable across the yard....and then spend hours drilling new holes and running all sorts of cable, even though I was told when I ordered it that they could use my existing cable lines.

So I had him leave....wasn't about to waste my entire day on that. But if Comcast doesn't reach an agreement this summer with the BTN then I'll def get it, dish in the yard be damned!!!!

Go Boilers!!!

PostPosted: 03/07/08 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:
Orange][Krush wrote:

Of course, I live here in Indy and should be at the game, but I can't because I have a 3pm conference call with a client that was unwilling to move the time because we had it scheduled for so long. I'm bummed I won't be there!!!

I don't have the Big Ten network! Wink But I'm in L.A. I don't think we have too many Big Ten fans here. Although I'll tell ya, I have seen many a Ohio State flag around during football season.

Good luck to Illinois vs. Ohio State!

bullsky

PostPosted: 03/07/08 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
Good luck to Illinois vs. Ohio State!

Thanks! I'm really hoping we can pull it out!

PostPosted: 03/07/08 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Purdue just beat IU by ten 64-54!!

It sounds it was a tough game and I sure wish I could have been there to see it.

Nice job ladies.....FahKara Malone was a beast in the game today. She really stepped up nicely.

PostPosted: 03/07/08 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:
Purdue just beat IU by ten 64-54!!

It sounds it was a tough game and I sure wish I could have been there to see it.

Nice job ladies.....FahKara Malone was a beast in the game today. She really stepped up nicely.

Congrats to Purdue.

With only Nikki Smith graduating, and the general consensus of this being a bit of an over-achievement this season, I think the Hoosiers should be expecting to build on their success and turn the corner into a program that stays in the top half of the Big Ten.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: