RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Purdue @ Illinois

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BallState1984

PostPosted: 03/03/08 9:57 am    ::: Purdue @ Illinois Reply Reply with quote

OK Krush, I am surprised you have not commented on that mess at Assembly Hall from yesterday!

PostPosted: 03/03/08 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, you mean an Illinois win? Oh, yeah. Laughing

Jolette finally used her bench yesterday. We've had little to no depth all season, but last night she gave some seniors some time to play. Steph Chelleen, a senior, had a career high 14 points!

This was a good win going into the Big Ten Tourney. Next up Wisconsin. I actually like our chances.

PostPosted: 03/03/08 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Illinois just out played Purdue the entire game.

I was mysitfied why Purdue insisted on trying for every point from in the paint and getting either stuffed or flat out missing the chip shots, instead of going outside and why they did let that girl go who was unloading all those threes.

And, what was the T for? I debated some other fans and we could not decide if it was for Versyp stmping her foot or Martin Clapp or Jody Benner saying something because I saw an official warning them earlier in the game.

PostPosted: 03/03/08 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BallState1984 wrote:
Illinois just out played Purdue the entire game.

I was mysitfied why Purdue insisted on trying for every point from in the paint and getting either stuffed or flat out missing the chip shots, instead of going outside and why they did let that girl go who was unloading all those threes.

And, what was the T for? I debated some other fans and we could not decide if it was for Versyp stmping her foot or Martin Clapp or Jody Benner saying something because I saw an official warning them earlier in the game.

The BTT is going to be wide open this year. I think any one of the top 7 or 8 teams could take it this year. No one scares me, but you can't overlook anyone either.

Purdue most likely plays IU in their first game on Friday......and god only knows which Purdue team is going to show up. IU is playing better than we are I think, although only marginally.

The only team I really would be slightly concerned about is Michigan, but more because I think Borseth could jump into the stands than of their team!! Laughing

PostPosted: 03/03/08 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just watch Combs pull something out of her hat at the Tournament. It would not shock me in the least!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: