RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Bracket Announced For 2008 BIG TEN Women’s Basketball Tourna

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SportsPageMike

PostPosted: 03/03/08 7:08 am    ::: Bracket Announced For 2008 BIG TEN Women’s Basketball Tourna Reply Reply with quote

Bracket Announced For 2008 BIG TEN Women’s Basketball Tournament

By the Big 10 Conference: Mar. 3, 2008

http://www.spmsportspage.com/published/pr/bracket-announced-for-200.shtml

PostPosted: 03/03/08 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I for one won't even attempt to pick the winner of this mess!

PostPosted: 03/03/08 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On one hand, it will be a mess but on the other, it should be full of great upsets!

bullsky

PostPosted: 03/03/08 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really like our draw.

We get Wisconsin, who we handled at our house, and lost on the last possession at their place. Then, if we do beat them, we get Ohio State, who we beat at our place and had them beat at their arena(they won on a last second three).

This year has been so odd. You would think if you're the 9 seed, that you would have a tough draw, but I like it. And Jolette Law says if we play with the intensity and passion we did on Sunday against Purdue, she sees us as the team to beat. Biased, I'm sure. Razz

PostPosted: 03/03/08 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For Indiana, being able to pick up a win against Northwestern is a nice gift - hopefully - I don't want to be too presumptuous.

From there, we are lined up with Purdue (6 faces 3, correct?) which I like a lot. IU has played Purdue well over the past few seasons, and I am confident in our ability to have a close game that will give us an opportunity to gain a win. If IU wins that game, it will mean 19 wins and a matchup with Iowa, which is the last matchup I wanted to see in the semis.

I do think IU has been playing well enough as of late to win this tournament.

PostPosted: 03/03/08 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
For Indiana, being able to pick up a win against Northwestern is a nice gift - hopefully - I don't want to be too presumptuous.

From there, we are lined up with Purdue (6 faces 3, correct?) which I like a lot. IU has played Purdue well over the past few seasons, and I am confident in our ability to have a close game that will give us an opportunity to gain a win. If IU wins that game, it will mean 19 wins and a matchup with Iowa, which is the last matchup I wanted to see in the semis.

I do think IU has been playing well enough as of late to win this tournament.

I think it's totally wide open this year. Wisconsin has been playing better of late......the IU Purdue game is a toss up honestly. It just depends on which team comes out more aggressive. Purdue's biggest problem is its inability to make a damn basket....their defense keeps them in games but they can't hit even the easiest of shots.

Both teams won their road games in the series, so I think it's going to be a pick em.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: