RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Texas @ OU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
memphis10

PostPosted: 03/02/08 3:15 pm    ::: Texas @ OU Reply Reply with quote

I don't get OU at all. Texas leading 60-46 37 seconds left.

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford

Last edited by memphis10 on 03/02/08 3:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 03/02/08 3:15 pm    ::: Re: Texas @ OK Reply Reply with quote

memphis10 wrote:
I don't get OK at all. Texas leading 60-46 37 seconds left.

I don't see Oklahoma making it very deep in the Tournament

tennis2

PostPosted: 03/02/08 3:20 pm    ::: Re: Texas @ OK Reply Reply with quote

LdyVolsFn wrote:
memphis10 wrote:
I don't get OK at all. Texas leading 60-46 37 seconds left.

I don't see Oklahoma making it very deep in the Tournament

I could see them making it to the sweet sixteen if everyone is on, but I don't see them making it further........unfortunately.

If three people are on Courtney, are there no set plays for the other players?

UTexRulz23

PostPosted: 03/02/08 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This win may just make sure Texas makes the tournament...at least that's what I'm hoping!

Final Score: 65-50...IN NORMAN!

Last edited by UTexRulz23 on 03/02/08 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
memphis10

PostPosted: 03/02/08 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Texas wins 65-50. Playing like they did today (note I just saw the 2nd half) their season ain't gonna last much longer.

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
mikeyc22

PostPosted: 03/02/08 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yikes, that is a bad loss.

Right now, the best team in the Big 12 is Texas A&M

memphis10

PostPosted: 03/02/08 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UTexRulz23 wrote:
This win may just make sure Texas makes the tournament...at least that's what I'm hoping!

Final Score: 65-49...IN NORMAN!

With a win or 2 in the BXII tourney I would bet $$$$$ Texas is in.

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 03/02/08 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikeyc22 wrote:

Yeah, A&M is on fire. I just hope they run into Texas early. They're not going to get the best seed but at least the first game will be competitive. Needless to say Texas played amazing defense. They're clicking at the right time and now, they just have to ready for Texas Tech. I'm sure K. Curry will not let anyone come in and just take a game.

tennis2

PostPosted: 03/02/08 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
mikeyc22 wrote:

Yeah, A&M is on fire. I just hope they run into Texas early. They're not going to get the best seed but at least the first game will be competitive. Needless to say Texas played amazing defense. They're clicking at the right time and now, they just have to ready for Texas Tech. I'm sure K. Curry will not let anyone come in and just take a game.

I agree Texas played great defense but OU played horrible offense and not just because of Texas. You have two or three people on Courtney then SOMEONE is open.

Texas was the better team today and the better coached team. They may also be the better team period......don't like it but it may be true.

tag3

PostPosted: 03/02/08 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tennis2 wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:
mikeyc22 wrote:

I agree Texas played great defense but OU played horrible offense and not just because of Texas. You have two or three people on Courtney then SOMEONE is open.

Texas was the better team today and the better coached team. They may also be the better team period......don't like it but it may be true.

What a miserable afternoon in Norman. That's what I get for gloating over Baylor's loss!

An absolute embarrassment on all fronts for the Sooners, as Texas dominated the boards, had more assists and steals, out-hustled, out-fought, and out-played OU on their own court. As Jenna said, post-game, no one seemed to want the ball. And no one stepped up to lead and fire-up the team. Just about the only stat OU lead in was turnovers - a season high 27. Good lord - 27 turnovers!

But the drubbing wasn't only on-court. I think Coach Coale got thoroughly schooled today. And guess what? This is only season one under Coach G (who's so new, she wore a CRIMSON blouse today!).

I would agree that A&M is the best team in the Big 12 right now. Wouldn't it be something if they and the Cowgirls ended up in the Big 12 championship game? Anything's possible in this crazy season.

But my respects to Texas. They clicked as a team today, and played with a lot of heart and want-to.

Game recap:

http://www.texassports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=33&url_article_id=8357&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2#notes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: