RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Maya Moore!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 02/25/08 8:58 pm    ::: Maya Moore!!! Reply Reply with quote

I love her Smile

She's a *freshman*...

Props to Kaili & Ketia as well...and a strong performance from Tina as well. Solid win, Huskies.

Good game LSU...

ucbart

PostPosted: 02/25/08 9:08 pm    ::: Re: Maya Moore!!! Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
I love her Smile

She's a *freshman*...

Props to Kaili & Ketia as well...and a strong performance from Tina as well. Solid win, Huskies.

Good game LSU...

Are you ready for this? There is some Oklahoma fan on the ESPN board that doesn't think Maya should be in the POY discussion because she has better support players than any other team.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 02/25/08 9:08 pm    ::: Re: Maya Moore!!! Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
I love her Smile

She's a *freshman*...

Good game LSU...

I know...

Just keep saying to yourself..Elena, Tina, Maya..you'll be in some sort of dream state.. Wink

And Major major props to Ketia, that huge three she hit, the block..the amount of rebounds, she was great..so much for Ketia not liking to start.. Wink

PostPosted: 02/25/08 9:10 pm    ::: Re: Maya Moore!!! Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Are you ready for this? There is some Oklahoma fan on the ESPN board that doesn't think Maya should be in the POY discussion because she has better support players than any other team.

Laughing Laughing They can't be for real. Laughing

Maya Moore is just beast. That's all I can say. For a stretch there when everyone on the floor in a UConn uniform seemed to temporarily lose their minds, she was the only one out there shooting trying to win the game. You go fresh(wo)man.

- Diana Taurasi
bballfan

PostPosted: 02/25/08 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm loving her game! Very Happy

http://www.myspace.com/cappie23officialfansite
LakotaStorm

PostPosted: 02/25/08 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She will come out one year before Brintey Griner, sheesh just wait for the "who is going to get those two players" thread. the only thing that will save it from being worse then the last 2 years of CP will she won't she threads is if neither is eligible to graduate early.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/25/08 11:22 pm    ::: Re: Maya Moore!!! Reply Reply with quote

thatGAgirl wrote:
Laughing Laughing They can't be for real. Laughing

Unfortunately, they're dead ass serious. That's why I haven't posted or even lurked there for months. Posting there is like being on a headless chicken farm. Shocked

I think Maya is hands down the best player in WCBB and is the best player to enter this sport since Taurasi. Will that result in a NPOY trophy this season? Maybe, but it won't be Wade--not this season.

BTW, I'm lovin' your avatar! Very Happy

Mathies to LA 2013
kbailey3131

PostPosted: 02/26/08 2:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Moore is straight up freak.....the Oklahoma fans need to say no to crack.

If she wasn't playing with another beast she'd have even better numbers than she does and her freakness would be more obvious. Crack is whack people, step away from it...

bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 02/26/08 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you had Courtney Paris, and saw the way OU plays sometimes, you too would make the argument that anybody else in the running for POY had a better supporting cast.

PostPosted: 02/26/08 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Moore just makes it all look very easy. I didn't know she was a good 3pt. shooter in high school, but it seemed like she really worked on that part of her game.

She's kind of like Catchings in a way, but with Catchings you feel like she's hustling every time, whereas with Moore, the game seems to click for her and she's always in the right place at the right time.

With Greene/Montgomery/Hayes/Delledonne/Charles returning + coming in next year, Moore could conceivably only bring in #s like 12ppg and 6rpg and still be a frontrunner for POY.

bballfan

PostPosted: 02/26/08 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just saw Maya's SUPER block from last night on ESPN's top ten plays...It was number 9. Very Happy

http://www.myspace.com/cappie23officialfansite
Grumps

PostPosted: 02/26/08 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think she should sue the W and be the first college freshman to enter the draft...Please... Smile

Grumps

LakotaStorm

PostPosted: 02/26/08 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Grumps wrote:
I think she should sue the W and be the first college freshman to enter the draft...Please... Smile

Grumps

It's not right that guys are allowed, recruited right out of HS, but rather then women getting the right to enter the draft whenever they want it should be guys that lose the right. Whatever else an education is important for those that might fall victim to early and career ending injuries, and women are not paid enough to risk it. It's hypocritical, it sucks but until that changes then education is important and a back-up career is needed.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
luvDhoops

PostPosted: 02/26/08 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And with that, we move on to the next "chosen one".

gpark33

PostPosted: 02/26/08 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
And with that, we move on to the next "chosen one".

Candace will be happy about that. Very Happy

Love Moore's game. As much as I dislike UCONN, it's hard not to pull for her.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/26/08 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LakotaStorm wrote:
It's not right that guys are allowed, recruited right out of HS, but rather then women getting the right to enter the draft whenever they want it should be guys that lose the right. Whatever else an education is important for those that might fall victim to early and career ending injuries, and women are not paid enough to risk it. It's hypocritical, it sucks but until that changes then education is important and a back-up career is needed.

Why is it hypocritical? Guys ar allowed to enter the draft because they filed a lawsuit to do so and prevailed. No woman has challenged the rule.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 02/26/08 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
LakotaStorm wrote:

Why is it hypocritical? Guys ar allowed to enter the draft because they filed a lawsuit to do so and prevailed. No woman has challenged the rule.

It would be silly for a woman to challenge it. Why on earth would Maya want to leave Uconn early...so that she can be on a bottom barrel team in the W getting payed 40,000 a year and being watched by a half full stadium.

I love the WNBA, but there isn't much of a benifit for leaving before you graduate.

PostPosted: 02/26/08 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But if you're Maya Moore, you will command a $500,000 contract overseas, rack up some endorsement deals and live the life of a pro.

Based on what I've read, she doesn't strike me as someone who will leave early or even try to, but I think her experience as a rookie would be a bit different.

auntie

PostPosted: 02/26/08 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It will be great to see Moore play all 4 years at UCONN, especially with the great recruits coming up next year.

PostPosted: 02/27/08 12:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Grumps wrote:

Grumps

but Grumps, it's not like can torment Pat, so why the concern? Wink

I'm SO looking forward to the next few years in college bball.... some great talent coming through

PostPosted: 02/27/08 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Definitely looking forward to seeing the Huskies play the next few years. Three straight National High School Player of the Year recruits... that's going to be excellent Very Happy

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: