RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Maryland @ Virginia Tech

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/04/08 7:17 pm    ::: Maryland @ Virginia Tech Reply Reply with quote

Virginia Tech is up 19-2 early at home vs. Maryland.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/04/08 7:20 pm    ::: Re: Maryland @ Virginia Tech Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Virginia Tech is up 19-2 early at home vs. Maryland.

Indeed. I'm flipping between two games and yes, it looks THAT BAD. Maryland forgot how to play basketball, it seems.

Keep in mind that VT is 0-7 in the ACC, folks. 0-7. Shocked

Mathies to LA 2013
LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 02/04/08 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

26-8 VT with 11 left in the first???? Two weeks ago I honestly thought talent wise Maryland was the best team in the country??

kage

PostPosted: 02/04/08 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is this what we call a win for parity in the ACC?

(I'm joking on the widespread use of the word parity to describe conferences now.)
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/04/08 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That great first half by VPI won't mean anything now. Maryland got the deficit down to 10 at half (39-29), so the Terps are going to win the game. If those slow pokes at VPI could shoot, they'd be up by 30.

Mathies to LA 2013
LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 02/04/08 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
That great first half by VPI won't mean anything now. Maryland got the deficit down to 10 at half (39-29), so the Terps are going to win the game. If those slow pokes at VPI could shoot, they'd be up by 30.

Who in the world calls it "VPI"? lol.....J/K

sportsfanswhine

Location: Charles Ct, across the street from Monty's Motor Speedway and just off Taurasi Turnpike.

PostPosted: 02/04/08 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not that it's an excuse, but with the minutes the starters at Maryland have been getting this seems like it was maybe inevitable. Just looking at Toliver, in the past 5 games she played 36, 36, 44, 50, and 23 minutes.

Funny that there's all this talk about Maryland's bench not being good enough, but they put a couple of the less experienced kids in and Maryland starts cutting the deficit. It would almost seem like while experience is important, not being so tired you make stupid turnovers -- or hand the ball right to Erlana Larkins, hi Kristi -- is perhaps important too.

I remember there was a time near the beginning of the season when Drey Mingo got actual minutes. What happened?

PostPosted: 02/04/08 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LdyVolsFn wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

Well, since it is the name of the school...

LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 02/04/08 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
LdyVolsFn wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

Well, since it is the name of the school...

I know I know but everyone calls it Virginia Tech. I'm from Virginia so I'm used to hearing Va Tech or just Tech

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/05/08 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LdyVolsFn wrote:
I know I know but everyone calls it Virginia Tech. I'm from Virginia so I'm used to hearing Va Tech or just Tech

Most ACC rivals call them "VPI". The nickname "Tech" is reserved for "Georgia Tech".

As for the game, Maryland ended up winning by 3 in OT. Three players recorded 40+ minutes. Toliver had 28 for Maryland, and Brittany Cook had 26 and 14 (reb) for VPI.

Good game for VPI, but they choked big time. If you get 80+ shots, you should convert at least 35 of them. Geez. On the other side of things, the Terps are mentally fatigued because of those four WNIT games and due to the heavy minutes and production burden on the starters. It's much easier to shake physical fatigue than it is mental fatigue.

Mathies to LA 2013
noamg

PostPosted: 02/05/08 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shay Doron To Be Honored on Friday

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=35697
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: