RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Cal picks up a verbal for 2009

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kage

PostPosted: 02/04/08 5:25 pm    ::: Cal picks up a verbal for 2009 Reply Reply with quote

http://hoopgurlz.com/story/cal-keeps-big-one-home

Very Happy !!
CalBear

PostPosted: 02/04/08 5:34 pm    ::: Huge Commitment Reply Reply with quote

This is a huge commitment for Boyle and staff. IMO Stallworth was their most coveted recriut for 2009.

kage

PostPosted: 02/04/08 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Heya! It's nice to see more Cal fans showing up here. Do you post on the California scout forums?

Agreed on the importance of Stallworth. I would like to see Tierra Rogers as a Bear as well!

Last edited by kage on 02/04/08 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/04/08 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2009 is the class that replaces Hampton, Grey Lawson, etc. Boyle needs about four top prospects to keep things going...and she is well on her way.

CalBear

PostPosted: 02/04/08 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kage wrote:
Heya! It's nice to see more Cal fans showing up here. Do you post on the California scout forums?

Agreed on the importance of Stallworth. I would like to see Tierra Rogers as a Bear as well!

Yes I post on the Cal board, I have meant to sign up for this board forever and I finally did it.

For the 2009 class, Cal needs at least one more frontcourt player to fully replace Hampton and Walker I would also like to see Kiki Moore and Tierra Rogers as Cal Bears.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/04/08 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CalBear wrote:
For the 2009 class, Cal needs at least one more frontcourt player to fully replace Hampton and Walker I would also like to see Kiki Moore and Tierra Rogers as Cal Bears.

Does AGL have an extra year? Was she able to redshirt?

kage

PostPosted: 02/04/08 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopgurlz has Monique Oliver, from California, 6'3" post ranked no. 5 overall and no. 3 post (behind Brittney Griner and Kelsey Bone). Her schools of interest are Baylor, California, Maryland, Notre Dame, UNLV, USC, Vanderbilt, Virginia. I think/hope we're in serious contention for her.

Someone did say that Kelsey Bone mentioned Cal as an interest (once) in an article quote but I don't know how serious that was. Not very, probably, since she doesn't list us as a school of interest on Hoopgurlz -- although she does list USC? So I suppose that means she's paid some attention to the West Coast... Laughing
kage

PostPosted: 02/04/08 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
CalBear wrote:

Does AGL have an extra year? Was she able to redshirt?

Yes, she does have an extra year (if she wants it).
CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 02/04/08 6:00 pm    ::: Lexi does have an extra year Reply Reply with quote

Yes, Lexi will be back for an extra season (if she chooses)....

I am sooooo excited about Stallworth. She is only 15 so is just coming into her own. I also love what her father said about Coach Boyle and why he likes her as a teacher both on and off the court....so true, so true.

I also think it's huge that we were able to keep such a talented local player close to home (as with Casey Morris). It's great not only for the kids and their families, but helps create a fan base that reflects the Bay Area--an important foundation, imho.

I saw her at the Cal/USC game......given the frenzy of the fans at that game, I'm sure it was the great for her to see what her future on the court at Haas may be like.....also excited for the young woman since she will get a great education as well!!!! In the end, that is what will count the most.

Congrats to Denesha, her family and those hard-working Cal coaches (and players)....you have an amazing program!!!

Last edited by CalwbbFan on 02/04/08 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
PRballer

PostPosted: 02/04/08 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Huge get for Cal, congrats to Boyle and her staff. Keep 'em coming!

CalBear

PostPosted: 02/04/08 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes Lexi has another year and I hope she takes it. I believe she made reference to the fact that she would take it on her one-on-one in the So Berkeley! feature on the Cal WBB page. I could be wrong about that though.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 02/07/08 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CalBear wrote:
Yes Lexi has another year and I hope she takes it. I believe she made reference to the fact that she would take it on her one-on-one in the So Berkeley! feature on the Cal WBB page. I could be wrong about that though.

If Lexi stayed and extra year, that would be huge experience for Cal as Walker and Hampton finish.

Overall though, great get for Cal. They needed a five-star recruit to keep moving up although knowing Joanne, she would get the best out of whoever went to her. Getting this recruit will also encourage other top recruits to commit to Cal. Hopefully the momentum will keep up. But we've got a long way to go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: