RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

A strongly worded letter to Pat Summitt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rothum

PostPosted: 02/04/08 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dont bring Uconn fans into this; Cam is a Duke fan...the involvment of Uconn fans as a generalization is unfair and wrong

"What do you do when those with all the power are harming those who have none? You start by standing up and telling the truth."

I write for Off-Court.com Anything I write on this website are my own views and do not represent the organization in anyway.
jimmyk

PostPosted: 02/04/08 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rothum wrote:
dont bring Uconn fans into this; Cam is a Duke fan...the involvment of Uconn fans as a generalization is unfair and wrong

Just using that as an example...I didn't intend any harm toward that direction at all. That's why I said "or pick any other two schools."

My intent was to bring up that it's happening all over college sports as a whole and it drives me crazy.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 02/04/08 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jimmyk wrote:
So...let me get this straight. You're saying two things here.

First, it's wrong for opposing coaches to raise three fingers when her player makes the Crazies pay for one of their traditions, or even acknowledge their existence during or before a game, or a fan of another team for ever saying that something a Duke fan does is wrong.

Second, the Crazies can holler anything they want at opposing players and obviously change the course of the game and it's okay.

We've spent almost 100 posts rehashing this rubbish. Double standard much?

No, it's wrong for Pat Summit to whine about the Dukies cheering, and then tease the crowd afterwords...not one or the other..basically, she shouldn't be a hypocrit.

I believe it's wrong for Pat Summit to tell other fans how to behave, and it's hypocritical for her to not play the best teams basically because she doesn't want to, seeing as this is the coach that puts the good of WBB first, and this is the coach who states she'll play anyone.

PostPosted: 02/04/08 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Kelli wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
RedEqualsLuck wrote:
Short term feel good, long term f*cked up.

But Kelli's point was that this would somehow be good in the long term for the sport of women's basketball...so I don't see the similarity.

Where did I say that??

Here you go...

Kelli wrote:
The comparison WAS NOT TO THE WAR. Rolling Eyes

The "comparison" (if you want to use that word) was to show Cam and anyone else that thinks Pat 'owes' wbball something how people can, or SHOULD, change their minds sometimes. And how that changing of mind CAN be for the BETTER!!!!

I didn't say that it WOULD, only that it COULD. HUGE difference.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: