RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Texas @ Baylor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JACKOWACKO

PostPosted: 01/30/08 9:58 pm    ::: Texas @ Baylor Reply Reply with quote

Longhorns have 60-58 lead with 29 secs left

PostPosted: 01/30/08 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keep those fingers crossed!

JACKOWACKO

PostPosted: 01/30/08 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tisdale hits 3!

Baylor 61-60 with a few seconds left

PostPosted: 01/30/08 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tisdale hits a 3 to go up by 1 with 19 seconds left...........

JACKOWACKO

PostPosted: 01/30/08 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wilson blocks a shot, Texas got it back, Raven dribbles it off her leg. Baylor ball.

61-60, 2 seconds left...

PostPosted: 01/30/08 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rats! Sad

JACKOWACKO

PostPosted: 01/30/08 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tisdale fouled with 1.5s left

2 shots

PostPosted: 01/30/08 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Misses second on purpose...clock runs out...

Baylor wins 61-60, great finish.

PostPosted: 01/30/08 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm really glad this happened while I was at the OU game tonight, otherwise I might've been in front of my tv (if it was televised) yelling something I have NEVER uttered before, "Come on, Texas! You can do it!" God, I hate Baylor!!

hoopfan24

PostPosted: 01/30/08 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BU still has to play AT Texas, ISU, OSU and KSU. They will be exposed. I bet they lose 3 more games in conf reg. season and conf tourney.

tag3

PostPosted: 01/31/08 12:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Those should all be interesting matches, especially OSU. I'd love for Budke & crew to give Kimmie reason to collapse and roll around on Eddie Sutton Court. And watching Reilly and Tisdale square off should be classic!

Meanwhile, OU continued their wishy-washy ways, looking pretty good one night, and pretty bad the next. They threw the ball away a ton tonight - 25 turnovers - 9 by Danielle Robinson alone. And the twins struggled against the defense of Kansas' physical, agile, 6'5" freshman post, Krysten Boogaard. She's good now, and will be really good in years to come. Impressive for a freshman to not appear to be a bit intimidated by the Parises. She played well. Was also impressed by speedy Danielle McCray, and by Nicollete Smith, another good Kansas freshman (out of Tulsa's Bishop Kelley HS).

CP got her 79th CONSECUTIVE double-double, but was troubled by Kansas' tall post, and didn't play that well, by her standards. Would be great if OU had someone like Boogaard on the practice squad. It was good for the Parises to get pushed around and challenged like that.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 01/31/08 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tag3 wrote:
I'm really glad this happened while I was at the OU game tonight, otherwise I might've been in front of my tv (if it was televised) yelling something I have NEVER uttered before, "Come on, Texas! You can do it!" God, I hate Baylor!!

Who said we NEVER root for one another? After this coming Sunday, I will be saying also "Go Sooners!"

tag3

PostPosted: 01/31/08 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LOL! Thanks!

I think Sunday's game will be a good one. Judging from the way the 'Horns almost beat Baylor, Coach G has them in good shape. How do they look to you, RavenDog?

RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/02/08 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oklahoma would be hard to bet against and their talent is superior to ours overall. However, OK has shown vulnerability and the capability to not play up to their potential periodically, although I can't recall any games over the years that OK exhibited this kind of behavior against Texas.

GG has done a tremendous job with our players. She's taken the time and interest in making them all as good as they can be, considering where she had to start from with them. Texas will play hard defensively, they have good team chemistry and have the desire to win. When their offense clicks, they can upset anyone.

That said, I don't think we have an answer for "You Know Who". We are shorthanded at PG. Lindsey has improved tremendously since GG and DeMoss came along and took an interest in her but she is still challenged weight-wise and experience- wise. Aubrey Cook has the size and weight to help make a difference but has not shown development into the player she should be. This player should be much better- but she has improved this year. Erneshia Williams should do her best in the paint against "You Know Who" and her sister, especially since she is from OK. Ernesia is prone to foul trouble though and will need to stay on the floor.

Danielle Robinson and Stevenson are olympic athlete types and Amanda is big and strong. They will give Bailey, Raven, Nash and Williams all they can handle. Texas is going to need turnovers.

Texas best opportunity to win is with their defense and the officials must be willing to let them play. The Texas offense is sporatic and can get quite cold shooting and scoring but their defense seems to always cause problems. Texas will need a hot shooting game from outside and Lindsey is going to have to rebound and score inside. I also think we're going to need a mediochre offensive game from the OK guards, especially Plumley who seems to like burning the nets when playing against Texas.

Let's hope that both teams show up and play well and that the officials don't decide the game.

(Just an aside) Don't know why, but I have this uneasy feeling about Roethlesberger.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: