RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Duke @ Georgia Tech

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dukemayo

PostPosted: 01/24/08 11:17 pm    ::: Duke @ Georgia Tech Reply Reply with quote

#10 Duke 73 #23 Ga. Tech 47

Coming up Monday: Tennessee @ Duke

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 01/25/08 2:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any conference win is a good win. However, if folks think we defeated a Top 25 team tonight, I've got a golden bridge in Puerto Rico to sell ya. Once again, I point to the evidence:

-3-point win at home over Miami (down by nine with three minutes left in that game)

-4-point win on the road against NC State (0-4 NC State, that is)

-10-point win at home over Wake Forest (final score not indicative of how close the game was)

-26-point loss AT HOME to Duke

-21-point loss on the road to UNC (losing by as many as 30 in the second half)

-No true PG or post in the starting line-up

Game...set...match!

Truthfully, Georgia Tech should be 1-5 in the ACC as opposed to 3-3.

Mathies to LA 2013
PRballer

PostPosted: 01/25/08 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bball! can't we just call this a good Duke road win??? Georgia Tech isn't Top 25, but they are (probably) an NCAA team.

Good road trip by Coach P and the girls.

eyevolley4

PostPosted: 01/25/08 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
bball! can't we just call this a good Duke road win???

In short, no.

I'm not trying to start anything. I'm just saying.

PostPosted: 01/25/08 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I went to the game last night. Quite frankly, there is no way that the GA Tech I saw last night should be ranked Shocked

No one on that team can handle the ball effectively, ESPECIALLY not the point guard. The offense is non existent. I didn't see a good screen set all game. The frontcourt doesn't box out, and they have TERRIBLE footwork. The guards were just...bad. Honestly, I didn't see anything positive from Tech other than they played hard.

Duke wasn't all that great either, especially on the offensive end. Their sets looked jumbled and confused. They just simply have better caliber players than Tech that were able to pound the glass and get easy buckets. My sister went with me, and her only comment was "This looks like a high school game." Indeed. It just wasn't a good game to watch, at all. GA Tech was just AWFUL.

Maybe it was just an off night for Tech Confused

- Diana Taurasi
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 01/25/08 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
bball! can't we just call this a good Duke road win??? Georgia Tech isn't Top 25, but they are (probably) an NCAA team.

As I said earlier, any road win in the conference is a good win. However, I'm not about to "jump for joy" over defeating an overrated GT team that's likely to finish 7-7 in the ACC and be in bubble territory--especially not after defeating them now 28 straight times. No friggin' way. A few of us have pointed out that the way to beat Tech is by pounding the ball inside early and often so that they can't play Thugball with our guards. It worked, and they were toast because they left their offense in College Park.

I've seen GT a few times this season (live and on webcast) and am comfortable in saying that they aren't very good. Duke was supposed to demolish them in AMS, and the Devils did just that. I'm not trying to cheapen the victory--just stating the facts. Nothing happened that shouldn't have happened. I have no clue why GT is ranked, as they haven't defeated a ranked team this season or any worthwhile competition. They won't defeat one this season because they simply aren't good enough and because their pathetic OOC schedule didn't prepare them to compete against watered-down UNC and Duke teams (neither team is as good as they were last season). I think it says a lot when an absolutely pathetic NC State team looked better against us at home than ranked GT looked against us at their place.

I say leave the rah rahs for the folks on Devil's Den. Monday night should tell us a lot more about where Duke is headed in the future. I just have a bad feeling that Parker and Hornbuckle will combine for 50 and Tennessee wins going away.

Mathies to LA 2013
memphis10

PostPosted: 01/25/08 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
I just have a bad feeling that Parker and Hornbuckle will combine for 50 and Tennessee wins going away.

I like this bad feeling. Wink

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
ZoCroSixPence

PostPosted: 01/25/08 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

memphis10 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
I just have a bad feeling that Parker and Hornbuckle will combine for 50 and Tennessee wins going away.

I like this bad feeling. Wink

So do I, considering I'll be there

PRballer

PostPosted: 01/25/08 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, because 30 point blowouts on national television are just what this sport needs!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: