RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Baylor at Oklahoma
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 01/22/08 2:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
Tisdale is a decently talented player, but she shouldn't have lit up the Sooners for 35.

Exactly. Tisdale is a decent player IMO (closer to mediocre than good), but she shouldn't score 35 points on any major conference team other than Washington State and Northwestern. The Oklahoma perimeter D made Tisdale look like Ivory Latta, and she simply isn't that good. She's an undersized scoring guard who averages less than three assists per game (which is pathetic for a starting D1 PG), so why not play her for the pass? It's called utilizing a scouting report, kids!

Mathies to LA 2013
tennis2

PostPosted: 01/22/08 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am not sure that Sherri's recruiting Thompson, Stevenson and Danielle was a bad idea and that they can't complement the Paris twins. My complaint is she brought in no three point shooters. It is going to be difficult to win big games without a couple at the least.

I also do not see Courtney is playing with the same intensity. She looks tired to me. Maybe she played to much bball this past summer.

spikeybedhead

PostPosted: 01/22/08 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
She looks slow + out of shape to me.

fixed

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 01/22/08 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
mikeyc22 wrote:
I agree that the Big XII isn't all that amazing.

But what some people are forgetting is that the Big XII is an extremely young team(outside of A&M). I think that's why we're seeing so much inconsistency among the teams.

With young teams, you either fly to the top (Maryland 2006) or crash and burn (Michigan State 07/0Cool.

I think what makes the Big XII intriguing, during a year of inconsistency(lots of changes within the top 25), is that the Big XII has the most teams that can play up to a high level, even though they may play extremely sluggish at times. Bottom line- don't overlook any Big XII team because it could bite you in the ass.

That's my view on it all.

This weekend when I saw this game, plus A&M/Ok. State, I was hoping my Pac-10 teams would not get any Big 12 in their bracket. They are all dangerous in IMO. And they're only going to get better and battle tested with all the tough competition.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: