RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

DePaul at Marquette

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/19/08 6:17 pm    ::: DePaul at Marquette Reply Reply with quote

This rivalry was renewed today in Milwaukee. This was the 48th meeting between DePaul and Marquette and is DePaul's longest running series (might be MU's also - not sure). DePaul went up early and had a 9 point lead at 13-4. Marquette went on an 8-0 run to tie the game at 15 and evenutally grabbed the lead for good at 22-21. MU was up by 4 at the half 29-25. DePaul got within 2 with 15:12 to go in the game but MU went on an 8-0 run after that and DePaul never got closer than 6 the rest of the game.

Neither team shot well and their overall fg numbers were close with DePaul going 22-63 from the field and Marquette 21-62 from the field. DePaul connected on their first 3 pointer of the day and never made another 3 going 1-16 from the field - I've seen DePaul play quite a bit over the years and I don't think I've ever seen them shoot so poorly from the outside. MU wasn't too much better going 5-17 from long range. DePaul was only 11-19 from the free throw line and MU was 18-26 from the line. DePaul had 24 turnovers to MU's 15 turnovers. Krystal Ellis led MU with 16 points, frosh Angel Robinson added 13 points and DePaul had 3 players in double figures - Allie Quigley had 16, Natasha Williams had 12 and Deirdre Naughton had 11.

Marquette didn't shoot very well but did what it needed to do to win. And significant for them was that Krystal Ellis spent a lot of time on the bench with foul trouble playing only 23 minutes - sometimes they look for her to carry them too much.

MU and DePaul are now 2-2 in the BE. Marquette now goes on the road for the next 2 - at Louisville and South Florida.

gopher5

PostPosted: 01/21/08 7:51 am    ::: Re: DePaul at Marquette Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the report. I thought of driving over for the game but the cold weather scared me off.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: