RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Cincy at UCONN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AASP1251

PostPosted: 01/19/08 12:42 pm    ::: Cincy at UCONN Reply Reply with quote

So far, Montgomery moving to the 2 is working. It seems to be a more natural position for her.

PostPosted: 01/19/08 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At the half Montgomery has 16 points, oh and Moore has 19.

PostPosted: 01/19/08 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AND Mel Thomas is sitting behind the bench 1 day after surgery!!!!

PostPosted: 01/19/08 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charde emerging from her hibernation?

PostPosted: 01/19/08 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn: 86
Cincinnati: 49

Renee Montgomery leads the way with 27 points (7 three's!!!). Maya Moore chips in with a double-double (21 points & 11 rebounds, along with 5 assists), and Kaili McLaren also records a double-double (10 points & 10 rebounds). Charde, Ketia, Lorin, Meghan were all solid. Tina was pretty much a non-factor until the end. She needs to be much more aggressive and focused on Monday.

ucbart

PostPosted: 01/19/08 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:

Renee Montgomery leads the way with 27 points (7 three's!!!). Maya Moore chips in with a double-double (21 points & 11 rebounds, along with 5 assists), and Kaili McLaren also records a double-double (10 points & 10 rebounds). Charde, Ketia, Lorin, Meghan were all solid. Tina was pretty much a non-factor until the end. She needs to be much more aggressive and focused on Monday.

I actually started to cry a little bit towards the end of the game when the camera went to Mel and Kalana discussing the game in their warm-ups. I know the season isn't over and we still have a ton of talent, but we got screwed by the injury bug.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 01/19/08 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
BBallFanCT729 wrote:

I actually started to cry a little bit towards the end of the game when the camera went to Mel and Kalana discussing the game in their warm-ups. I know the season isn't over and we still have a ton of talent, but we got screwed by the injury bug.

No kidding, a month ago...I know it's cocky, but I thought a championship was pretty much guaranteed.

And looking at those two, it really breaks your heart. It was nice to see both smile a little bit.

I don't expect a shooting performance like that from Montgomery all the time, but still..it's nice to see her have it in her. As long as she doesn't take stupid shots, her percentage should go up. It's nice to see Meghan hit a three too. I think she could be useful to Uconn this year. It's a little unfair to Montgomery, because now she's THE team leader, instead of sharing it with Mel. And now she's THE floor general, instead of sharing that with Mel. She's going to have to be an All American for Uconn to get to the FF this year.

It was nice to see Lorin play pretty well too.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: