RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Battle of the Bay-Cal v. Stanford
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 01/26/08 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanford up 32-16 at the half. Their plan is working to perfection.

You're right OK, they do look like there are extra players. Cal has to come up with a plan to bring it back. But I am not surprised. The second half should be interesting.

LadyDevilFan

PostPosted: 01/26/08 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cal played a great 60 seconds to start the 2nd half. Let's see if they can sustain and make a game out of this.

*I mean, a great 120 seconds...

LadyDevilFan

PostPosted: 01/26/08 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So if Stanford can dominate like this. Then, really, what the heck were they doing at the L.A. schools!? I'm perplexed.

bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 01/26/08 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like the "Battle" of the Bay became the "lunch handed to" of the Bay.

Is it just me, or does JJ look like she and Peyton Manning could have been separated at birth?

PostPosted: 01/26/08 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well -- that wasn't fun. I will say that it did seem to me that on the offense, our players were called for fouls whereas it was either ignored or called jump balls on the other end. My only wish is that in our home game, the refs call it exactly the same way -- for us.

That being said, Cal could not buy a bucket today. I saw some great looks at the basket but everything bounced out whereas Stanford was on fire. Candice Wiggins is fun to watch and had some really nice moves including some really nice one in the 2nd quarter. Didn't go in, but looked awesome.

Lastly, I wished our guards would take more of a proactive role in shooting threes. They were collapsing down on our posts and we didn't spread out the field and force them to respect our guards IMO.
LakotaStorm

PostPosted: 01/26/08 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why did we end up with this game when there was a Husky game on? They are the team of this area, not Cal/Stan. I was born in Berkeley and mom was graduated from Cal so I do like Cal, but would have preferred to watch the Huskies kick rare ass today.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 01/26/08 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LadyDevilFan wrote:
So if Stanford can dominate like this. Then, really, what the heck were they doing at the L.A. schools!? I'm perplexed.

Their guard play was off and they were shooting like crap. Today, they were on fire. JJ and Pohlen haven't been very consistent until recently. But if they keep it up, they are a final four threat.

As for Cal, I think they needed the loss a bit to wake them up to how hard it really is going to be. They were flatfooted at the start and couldn't buy a shot. They should have been pressing as soon as they got behind. I'm sure that Joanne will have them shooting and running like crazy. The L.A. schools willl be in town and looking for payback.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: