RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Ohlde only takes 10 shots?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StaleyFan

PostPosted: 06/03/05 8:08 pm    ::: Ohlde only takes 10 shots? Reply Reply with quote

She has to take more than 10 shots and score more than 11 points for the Lynx to continue to improve.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 06/03/05 9:19 pm    ::: Re: Ohlde only takes 10 shots? Reply Reply with quote

StaleyFan wrote:
She has to take more than 10 shots and score more than 11 points for the Lynx to continue to improve.

"Continue to improve" is putting it mildly. Nicole has to get some aggression.

And some boards. 8 isn't terrible, except that Tamika Williams (who does nothing on offense, in many games, except wait for an O-board) had just 4; we need more from Tamika or more from Ohlde or fewer fouls (hence more minutes) from Vanessa, and at this point "more from Ohlde" seems most likely.

Lovelace in double figures again. She's the Lynx's secret weapon. Too bad we don't have more non-secret weapons.

Mighty Mouse with 10 assists! Must have been a wonderful game to watch for Mystics fans. Who finally have a home win.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 06/03/05 10:36 pm    ::: Spike the waterbottles w/aggression Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:

"Continue to improve" is putting it mildly. Nicole has to get some aggression.

She is not the only one, some 'aggression' needs to be poured into a couple of peoples water bottles Mad
On one hand you can't get touches if people can't figure out how & when to get you the ball. On the other hand demanding the ball is a form of aggression & can make one a bigger target.

5 in double figs is nice but someone besides KT has to have no fear in being aggressive on the offensive end.

I thought rebounding was kind of an issue in pre-season which surprised me until I saw them play. They don't put a body on anyone, majority of the time they don't box out. Its like nobody is hungry for the ball.

As for foul trouble, Ohlde wasn't really in foul trouble early & V it seems on a few questionable calls worked her way into it but Tamika had 0, ZIP, NO FOULS ! Huh Confused … Her issues are not fouls its more like lack of production.

If they would get more aggressive at least you open the door for some things to happen. Sitting back waiting for someone else to do things or being passive gets you nothing but an L. I'm waiting for this team to get mad, pissed off or take their (or my) frustration out on somebody. On the Sting tomorrow would be nice Evil or Very Mad

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 06/03/05 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't Minnesota start off terrible last year, they were almost embarassing early last year, and then they clicked, and off they went.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 06/04/05 12:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
Didn't Minnesota start off terrible last year, they were almost embarassing early last year, and then they clicked, and off they went.

Nah, they really weren't close to embarassing early. Last season they added like 7 new face & had a rookie starting and won here, lost there & after 10 gms were 5-5. But then yes they did start coming together & got on a roll.

Even though we don't have the ideal PG situation I still have higher expectations then last yr. We now have 9 players back & only 2 rookies as our 10, 11th players. Looking at their first 10 gms this yr I was going to be happy w/4-6. Gms 8,9 & 10 are a west coast road trip (SEA, then SAC & LA on a back to back Shocked ) They say pressure makes diamonds right Embarassed

I'm not burying them after 4 gms, I just see little trends that I don't like but at least they seem fixable. KT is getting back to form but its the rest of the team I'm looking to see start steppin up.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 06/04/05 9:29 am    ::: last year Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22 wrote:
rebkell wrote:

Nah, they really weren't close to embarassing early. Last season they added like 7 new face & had a rookie starting and won here, lost there & after 10 gms were 5-5. But then yes they did start coming together & got on a roll.

Even though we don't have the ideal PG situation I still have higher expectations then last yr. We now have 9 players back & only 2 rookies as our 10, 11th players. Looking at their first 10 gms this yr I was going to be happy w/4-6. Gms 8,9 & 10 are a west coast road trip (SEA, then SAC & LA on a back to back Shocked ) They say pressure makes diamonds right Embarassed

I'm not burying them after 4 gms, I just see little trends that I don't like but at least they seem fixable. KT is getting back to form but its the rest of the team I'm looking to see start steppin up.

I agree.

We were 5-5 at one point, yeah, but it hurt to watch that team, and we lost some lousy, slow games (lost to Sacto at home, almost lost to SA): the Lynx's great run came in part from a lineup change (Edwards to 2 guard, Darling to PG, Lassiter out of the starting lineup). If things don't improve I expect a lineup change in late June again: I can think of several worth trying, though none worth trying YET (Hayden starting instead of Williams, Stacey starting instead of Svet).

I'd be happy with 4-6 at this point too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: