RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

McCarville Still on Injured List

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four

PostPosted: 06/03/05 2:42 pm    ::: McCarville Still on Injured List Reply Reply with quote

From Stings Website:
Janel McCarville, missing her fourth game after a lower back strain, won’t see action across the river from where she played in college at the University of Minnesota.

All those Minnesota fans who baught tickets to see Janel...
I guess there is always next year.
(I wonder how serious the injury really is? I would have thought 2 weeks recovery for a lower back sprain would be enough...But I guess not.)
I also think Charlotte could really use her against Minnesota because she always plays well in front of the hometown crowd.

LTechLennox22

PostPosted: 06/03/05 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm a bit tired of hearing about Janel McCarville,people wake up!

She is hurt and even if she is healthy Charlotte will not use her like she should be.

I give the ROY to Feenstra-ok, it might be early still, but I really like Katie's work ethic. I just wish she would start over Chantelle Anderson a bit more.

Why is chantelle even in this league, anyways??

PostPosted: 06/03/05 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh man how shitty is that she come home for her first home coming and she wont even get to play because she on the injured list. Your right Four there is always next year. I hope MCcarville can get threw speedy recovery because the stings need her.

Want your bad romance

http://www.elyricsworld.com/bad_romance_lyrics_lady_gaga.html
dtsnms

PostPosted: 06/03/05 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gopherfan wrote:
Oh man how shitty is that she come home for her first home coming and she wont even get to play because she on the injured list. Your right Four there is always next year. I hope MCcarville can get threw speedy recovery because the stings need her.

We have the same thing in CT; Ashley Battle and Seattle come in next week with AB on the injured list.

Futurama

PostPosted: 06/03/05 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

We have the same thing in CT; Ashley Battle and Seattle come in next week with AB on the injured list.

Seattle still has Sue Bird though.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 06/03/05 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Futurama wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Right of course; I was just referring to the players' first visit as a pro, and they won't be able to play. The crowd will be cheering Sue at the start, believe me, but not during the game!

gopherfan

PostPosted: 06/03/05 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

True they still have one of there best Uconn player coming to town but i sure even one wanted to give a AB a Home coming for her return.

Want your bad romance

gopherfan

PostPosted: 06/03/05 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

She is hurt and even if she is healthy Charlotte will not use her like she should be.

I give the ROY to Feenstra-ok, it might be early still, but I really like Katie's work ethic.

Sooner or later she going to get better and who knows maybe this injury well make her stronger and better. It sure did help Whalen when she was out for 2 weeks with strep throat. If Lacey like what she see in Janel in the next few months you never know what might happen. Maybe she will give her more mins or bump her up to the starter position any thing is possible.

Want your bad romance

Slovydal

PostPosted: 06/03/05 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I picked 7 games in the 'When Does Trudi Get Fired" poll. I predicted they'd be at 1-6 by then.

Charlotte's record is 1-4 right now...

gopherfan

PostPosted: 06/03/05 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am surprised they lost to SA last night by 7, SA should of been a given to Charlotte.

Quote:
I picked 7 games in the 'When Does Trudi Get Fired" poll. I predicted they'd be at 1-6 by then.

I like Trudi

Want your bad romance

Four

PostPosted: 06/03/05 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I also like Trudi, but I have not been a fan long enough to know where other people are coming from...

So this summer, my friends and I were going to take a couple road trips to see Janel play. We bought tickets and a hotel, drove the five hour drive to Indianapolis, and saw Janel for the 1.2444 minutes that she was in...
Then I figure three weeks would be enough recovery time for a sprain, so I buy expensive floor seats for the Charlotte game at Detroit). And now I am reading that the earliest Janel could possibly come back is that game on June 10th. AKA if she dresses, she will see small minutes.

The point: Something good has got to come of this bad luck.

Something like a total Charlotte take over! Un-defeated from here on out, League Championship, and ROY for McCarville after she soars over Lisa Leslie in the finals for a 360 dunk. (OK, I got a little carried away)

Slovydal

PostPosted: 06/03/05 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Saturday, August 20th

Cha @ Indy!

Come back!

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 06/03/05 11:12 pm    ::: she didn't even travel Reply Reply with quote

Janel won't even be able to come here and do press for the game in which she won't play:http://www.startribune.com/stories/1296/5439011.html
I sure can't blame her for avoiding unnecessary commercial air travel when she's got a back injury already. Still, if she were here, she could get her face on TV and help sell tickets. The Lynx could use some help.

Slovy, what does your sig file mean (the part that isn't Indy's record so far)?

Slovydal

PostPosted: 06/03/05 11:16 pm    ::: Re: she didn't even travel Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
Slovy, what does your sig file mean (the part that isn't Indy's record so far)?

It's a quote from Yolanda Paige from the game the other night:

Beforehand, Tamika Catchings saw her listening to coach Brian Winters on the sideline and worried Paige might be processing too much information. Paige conceded the coach made her nervous.

"Not to be rude, coach, but I'm trying to focus," Paige said later.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050602/SPORTS05/506020395/1066/SPORTS05

Four

PostPosted: 06/03/05 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
Saturday, August 20th

Cha @ Indy!

Come back!

I loved Indianapolis, except for their one way streets, in which I did go the wrong way once, but it was late at night and no one got hurt.
I was thinking I would go back on Auguest 20th, but this time I will not buy the tickets until the day before and I will check every source to see if McCarville is healthy and playing.
After the game in Indy (May 22), my friends got to talk to the refs when we all ate at the Hard Rock after the game. They were very nice and went out of their way to get an autograph from Janel for me!

Slovydal

PostPosted: 06/03/05 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, Indy's dope - but those one way streets can be confusing. I get lost here all the time.
If you come out for the game, holla at me.

Ballwinner

PostPosted: 06/04/05 1:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Four wrote:
I also like Trudi, but I have not been a fan long enough to know where other people are coming from...

So this summer, my friends and I were going to take a couple road trips to see Janel play. We bought tickets and a hotel, drove the five hour drive to Indianapolis, and saw Janel for the 1.2444 minutes that she was in...
Then I figure three weeks would be enough recovery time for a sprain, so I buy expensive floor seats for the Charlotte game at Detroit). And now I am reading that the earliest Janel could possibly come back is that game on June 10th. AKA if she dresses, she will see small minutes.

The point: Something good has got to come of this bad luck.

Something like a total Charlotte take over! Un-defeated from here on out, League Championship, and ROY for McCarville after she soars over Lisa Leslie in the finals for a 360 dunk. (OK, I got a little carried away)

I hope that it doesn't become my attempts to watch Rebecca Lobo. The only time I really got to watch her was in Cleveland in 1998. Her first ACL surgery was the same week as my 1999 trip to Detroit. In 2000, no Lobo in Indianapolis, LA, or late season Detroit. I did get to see her few minutes for the Sun in Indy in 2003 and knew that would probably be the last time I'd see her in uniform.

I, too, am pulling for the total Charlotte take over.

PostPosted: 06/04/05 2:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gopherfan wrote:
Quote:

I give the ROY to Feenstra-ok, it might be early still, but I really like Katie's work ethic.

Sooner or later she going to get better and who knows maybe this injury well make her stronger and better. It sure did help Whalen when she was out for 2 weeks with strep throat. If Lacey like what she see in Janel in the next few months you never know what might happen. Maybe she will give her more mins or bump her up to the starter position any thing is possible.

Gopher fan:

I think at best Janel might get as talented as Kara Wolters, but she reminds me a lot of Summer Erb.

I guess things could get better, but I'm honestly not seeing her last in this league very long. She is Way too soft of a player and doesn't do much when she is playing.

PostPosted: 06/04/05 6:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

too soft?

tell it to Sharika Webb and Latonya Blue.

Queenie

PostPosted: 06/04/05 6:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Louisiana Tech fans have a higher standard for post players. *grins* Let's face it, no one could call any LaTech alumna soft or passive.

PostPosted: 06/04/05 7:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
She doesn't do much when she is playing.

That's really not a fair judgment since she only played 3 games before she got hurt. If she played 10 games already and didn’t do anything that would be fair to judge. The 3 games she did play you cant say her stats were left empty I mean she did do something even if it were the little things. from the 3 games she did play her status put together has her at 43 mins, 6 points, 9 rebounds and 1 steal.

Want your bad romance

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 06/04/05 9:18 am    ::: waaaaaay too early to judge Reply Reply with quote

gopherfan wrote:
from the 3 games she did play her status put together has her at 43 mins, 6 points, 9 rebounds and 1 steal.

And for a team that likes to use the entire shot clock, runs set plays for designated shooters, and has real trouble scoring.

The jury is so out on McCarville's pro career that really, the jury hasn't even met yet.

Her college career proves conclusively that she ain't soft. What it doesn't prove, as two dozen threads around here have (to my mind) demonstrated, is how she'll fare when the other teams' centers are sometimes as strong as she is and usually taller. Will she make the transition to the 4? (Will Charlotte ask her to do that?) Will she improve her basketball IQ, work on her midrange shot, and keep her emotions where they belong, a la Taj McW-F? And if her stat line sucks all year, do we blame Trudi, a la Nicole Powell?

Feenstra's stat lines sucked until her last game, when she beat... Charlotte without Janel. Lindsay's stat lines looked pretty bad till she got to take a week off with the flu. And Alana didn't become a scorer in the pros until halfway through the season.

All we really know is that Lynx people are swearing a blue streak, because Janel's absence means hundreds (maybe more) of vacant green and blue seats that would otherwise be full. Should be a fine game anyway: both teams will have something to prove.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: