RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

is the dot com a smart site?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
honey

PostPosted: 06/01/05 4:51 pm    ::: is the dot com a smart site? Reply Reply with quote

don't laugh, but ... Laughing Embarassed

i'm a SHOCK fan and i'm seeing a LOT of SHOCK stories when i pull up WNBA.com. are they customizing to the surfer? or are they just really high on the SHOCK right now? go ShockPR!! *LOL*

~

Slovydal

PostPosted: 06/01/05 4:54 pm    ::: Re: is the dot com a smart site? Reply Reply with quote

honey wrote:
don't laugh, but ... :lol: :oops:

i'm a SHOCK fan and i'm seeing a LOT of SHOCK stories when i pull up WNBA.com. are they customizing to the surfer? or are they just really high on the SHOCK right now? go ShockPR!! *LOL*

~

Hmmm You may be on to something.

I'm in Indy and the front page of the .com has a feature on Tulley.

honey

PostPosted: 06/01/05 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i got Tully, too. BUT i'm looking at two Shock Q&As in "Our Voices"; more Shock in the "20 Second Timeout"; even more in the "Cascade Dish & Assist"; another Shock moment in "This is Our Life"; and a Shock Jersey in the WNBA Store banner. woops! don't forget "Team Spotlight" and "Fan Poll"!

~

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 06/01/05 5:48 pm    ::: Re: is the dot com a smart site? Reply Reply with quote

honey wrote:

~

Well if you register with them and tell them your favorite team then they welcome you and show you a panel like this.

That's as far as it goes from what I can see because I haven't seen any Comets stories headlining the front page or anything like what you're seeing with the Sparks Dynamic Duo story yesterday or Tully Bevilaqua (cough) today. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 06/01/05 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

honey wrote:
i got Tully, too. BUT i'm looking at two Shock Q&As in "Our Voices"; more Shock in the "20 Second Timeout"; even more in the "Cascade Dish & Assist"; another Shock moment in "This is Our Life"; and a Shock Jersey in the WNBA Store banner. woops! don't forget "Team Spotlight" and "Fan Poll"!

~

i have the same exact shock-related items, and they have me registered as a lib fan.

PostPosted: 06/02/05 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hmmm ... then, take a bow, ShockPR!!

~

dtsnms

PostPosted: 06/02/05 9:56 am    ::: Re: is the dot com a smart site? Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
honey wrote:

~

Well if you register with them and tell them your favorite team then they welcome you and show you a panel like this.

That's as far as it goes from what I can see because I haven't seen any Comets stories headlining the front page or anything like what you're seeing with the Sparks Dynamic Duo story yesterday or Tully Bevilaqua (cough) today. Twisted Evil

I was so happy after CT beat Washington; for the first few days in that SUN panel described by Jammer I had a highlight of Nolan getting a triple double against us!

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 06/02/05 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmm, what happened to the ESPN board link in 'Our Voices'? Did the WNBA decide that direct linking the dot.com target audience (14 and under?) to ESPN was not fitting with the image of the first professional sports website to give Slovy this summers' forecast on pink shoes?
Very Happy

On a positive note, today dot.com is alternating game-action photos of VJ (link to story on last night's win over Washington), Swoopes (link to All Star voting) and Whalen (link to one of those mindless '10 questions' type dot.com features, but at least the feature pertains to basketball not to..say..her house.)

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 06/02/05 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I read one more Whalen story (where do you shop in CT? What do you have for Lunch?...) I'll SCREAM!!!

Slovydal

PostPosted: 06/02/05 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's some good input from adults in the "our voices" section. Under fan voices (click on more fan voices)

http://www.wnba.com/chat_and_mailboxes/fanforum_postings.html

gopher5

PostPosted: 06/02/05 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
If I read one more Whalen story (where do you shop in CT? What do you have for Lunch?...) I'll SCREAM!!!

I know it's not for everyone, but I like having anything I can read about Lindsay.

1carol

PostPosted: 06/02/05 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
gopher5"
I know it's not for everyone, but I like having anything I can read about Lindsay

Gee, I wonder why? couldn't be cuz you live in MN coud it ? Laughing

gopher5

PostPosted: 06/02/05 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1carol wrote:
Quote:
gopher5"
I know it's not for everyone, but I like having anything I can read about Lindsay

Gee, I wonder why? couldn't be cuz you live in MN coud it ? Laughing

Shocking, I know. I like almost every player, but of course am most interested in Lindsay, Janel and the Lynx. There can never be too much information on any of them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: