RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

My Top 25
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 10/12/07 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stephen Shirley wrote:
I'm curious why Middle TN hasn't been mentioned at all in the thread.

Perhaps the ugly loss to Marist, coupled with the departures of Givens and Horton, had something to do with that.

I think MTSU will be very ODU-like in 2007-08--get pounded early in the season but recover in a major way come conference time. Don't worry. George Washington will join you.

Mathies to LA 2013
ajdawg7

PostPosted: 10/12/07 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I completely agree insidewinder. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Wagner and think she will do wonders for that program but I think there a year or two away from making noise in the conference.

If USC could ever stay healthy, they'd be scary.

I know it's a homer call but the team that could join the party in terms of the top 25 is the Huskies.

They return their 2nd leading scorer plus a senior point guard who's an absolute menace defensively and have an outstanding incoming freshman class. They might have the freshman of the year in Jessica McCormack who had a couple double-doubles in the Oceania tourney recently. If the team can gel in a new system the Huskies could have a 20+ win year.

John Wooden
bullsky

PostPosted: 10/13/07 3:23 pm    ::: Re: My Top 25 Reply Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
I love your optimism for your team, but IMO there is no way UIll is better this season then MSU and OSU. I expect Illinois to get better, and if Law can recruit the Illinois HS talent, they will be tough, but OSU is still going to be a solid team this season.

Michael R.

See, I have doubts about both, particularly Ohio State(see above statement).

Michigan State is a team that I think could finish above Illinois and probably will. However, I think they will split the regular season series and hopefully meet in the Big Ten Tourney. I just wonder how they will do post JPM. Also, they lose two regulars(Haynes, Lucas-Perry). And I also heard a rumor about one of their guards being injured. I don't see a player on their roster that can carry that team. I guess that's my biggest problem with them.

PostPosted: 10/13/07 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Stephen Shirley wrote:
I'm curious why Middle TN hasn't been mentioned at all in the thread.

Perhaps the ugly loss to Marist, coupled with the departures of Givens and Horton, had something to do with that.

I think MTSU will be very ODU-like in 2007-08--get pounded early in the season but recover in a major way come conference time. Don't worry. George Washington will join you.

You are right that MT lost a lot in Givens and Horton. But didn't most every team in the top-25 lose players?

As to getting pounded early, I don't see that. Middle should be favored to go 6-0 before facing Maryland and UT in consecutive games. The Lady Raiders then face LSU and Louisville to close out 2007. Realistically, Middle shouldn't be anything less than 8-5 at the start of 2008.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 10/13/07 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stephen Shirley wrote:
But didn't most every team in the top-25 lose players?

Look to see with whom they were replaced.

bullsky

PostPosted: 10/20/07 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't even think MTSU is the best team in their conference. I have a feeling Western Kentucky might dethrown the defending champs this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: