RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

My Top 25
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullsky

PostPosted: 10/11/07 12:56 pm    ::: My Top 25 Reply Reply with quote

1 Tennessee
2 UConn
3 Maryland
4 Rutgers
5 LSU
6 Duke
7 Stanford
8 North Carolina
9 Georgia
10 Arizona State
11 Texas A&M
12 Oklahoma
13 George Washington
14 NC State
15 California
16 Baylor
17 DePaul
18 Wisconsin
19 Pittsburgh
20 West Virginia
21 Florida State
22 Illinois
23 Wyoming
24 Michigan State
25 Southern Illinois

Outside looking in: Marquette, Oregon State, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Bowling Green, Temple, Xavier, Nebraska, Mississippi State.

PostPosted: 10/11/07 1:03 pm    ::: Re: My Top 25 Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
1 Tennessee
2 UConn
3 Maryland
4 Rutgers
5 LSU
6 Duke
7 Stanford
8 North Carolina
9 Georgia
10 Arizona State
11 Texas A&M
12 Oklahoma
13 George Washington
14 NC State
15 California
16 Baylor
17 DePaul
18 Wisconsin
19 Pittsburgh
20 West Virginia
21 Florida State
22 Illinois
23 Wyoming
24 Michigan State
25 Southern Illinois

Outside looking in: Marquette, Oregon State, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Bowling Green, Temple, Xavier, Nebraska, Mississippi State.

Looks good!!! I do think that ND is a top 25 team though.

desafiada6

PostPosted: 10/11/07 3:20 pm    ::: Re: My Top 25 Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
1 Tennessee
2 UConn
3 Maryland
4 Rutgers
5 LSU
6 Duke
7 Stanford
8 North Carolina
9 Georgia
10 Arizona State
11 Texas A&M
12 Oklahoma
13 George Washington
14 NC State
15 California
16 Baylor
17 DePaul
18 Wisconsin
19 Pittsburgh
20 West Virginia
21 Florida State
22 Illinois
23 Wyoming
24 Michigan State
25 Southern Illinois

holy moly...my alma mater SIU in front of Purdue?!? Shocked I think it will be a down year for Purdue but next year, look out!! Smile

PostPosted: 10/11/07 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone remember Marist?

Thrillrider08

PostPosted: 10/11/07 3:44 pm    ::: Re: My Top 25 Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
1 Tennessee
2 UConn
3 Maryland
4 Rutgers
5 LSU
6 Duke
7 Stanford
8 North Carolina
9 Georgia
10 Arizona State
11 Texas A&M
12 Oklahoma
13 George Washington
14 NC State
15 California
16 Baylor
17 DePaul
18 Wisconsin
19 Pittsburgh
20 West Virginia
21 Florida State
22 Illinois
23 Wyoming
24 Michigan State
25 Southern Illinois

Looks really good but I'd put Notre Dame in over Wyoming.

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Anyone remember Marist?

Who? Wink

WE ARE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

http://twitter.com/TravisInIndy
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 10/11/07 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Krush, there's no chance NC State is a better team than FSU: not right now, not once the season starts, not once the season ends. Marquette and Nebraska are rebuilding as well.

I'd rank Ohio State and Notre Dame, and ditto on the Marist inclusion.

Mathies to LA 2013
gopher5

PostPosted: 10/11/07 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Krush, there's no chance NC State is a better team than FSU: not right now, not once the season starts, not once the season ends. Marquette and Nebraska are rebuilding as well.

I'm curious about Marquette. They don't have much inside, but I like a backcourt of Krystal Ellis and Angel Robinson.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 10/11/07 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gopher5 wrote:
I'm curious about Marquette. They don't have much inside, but I like a backcourt of Krystal Ellis and Angel Robinson.

Without Christina Quaye and the entire starting frontcourt, I have Marquette just missing the Big East tournament. Ellis won't be enough to get this team wins in what looks to be a tougher Big East conference. I certainly don't question Terri Mitchell's coaching abilities after what she's done the past couple of seasons, but this is clearly a rebuilding job.

For this team to even sniff the top half of the Big East, Krystal would have to average near 25 ppg. In the Big East, I don't see that happening.

Mathies to LA 2013
bullsky

PostPosted: 10/11/07 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:

Notre Dame was my #26. I think they will be good. I just didn't have room for them.

Ohio State, after losing Hoskins and Davenport, will have a lot of leadership problems, IMO. I don't see a leader or a star on their team. The only player I could see being a star is, no pun intended, Star Allen. But then again, is she good or was she good last year because everyone focused on Jess? We'll see. I don't think it's a coincidence that OSU really began to self-destruct after Brandi went down. I do like their freshman, though. Lavendar is special and Brittany Johnson is the overall scoring leader in the history if Illinois girl's hoops. But with youth, comes inexperience. I could see OSU making the post season though.

I didn't really think Marist deserved a top 25 mention. I have a feeling they're a one(or two) hit wonder.

And I always have second thoughts about FSU. They're always inconsistent, IMO. I hope they prove me wrong, though.

Marquette has lost some post, but they also brought on a lot of talented freshman, much like OSU. And I don't think Nebraska is rebuilding. They still have players like Page and Griffin. I guess I'm expecting more out of Nebraska than most people.

PostPosted: 10/11/07 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Points taken. Wink

Orange][Krush wrote:
And I always have second thoughts about FSU. They're always inconsistent, IMO. I hope they prove me wrong, though.

That's a good point. FSU has been known for losing games early in the season that it has no business losing (San Diego, anyone?). But they've been a more consistent team in ACC play the past three seasons than NC State. FSU also returns more starters (4, compared to 1 or 2) and more letterwinners of significance (7, opposed to 3 or 4) than NC State, who is the youngest team in the ACC this year.

I'm not saying FSU'll win 10 ACC games again this season. Based on the schedule this season, I have my doubts on that happening. I am saying that they're much more likely to live up to their ranking than NC State is to live up to theirs.

Mathies to LA 2013
FudPucked

PostPosted: 10/11/07 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone think Gail Goestenkors can get Texas within the top 25?

PostPosted: 10/11/07 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whew! I thing you're making a BIG mistake on Oklahoma.

They have some horses. Wait until you see a certain sophomore who didn't play much last year. This girl may be the best ATHLETE in college basketball and should make people say WOW!! I wish we had her at Texas.

And OK has some very good freshmen coming in too.

Definitely a Top 5 team that could win it all depending on how the seeding goes although it will a tough conference to get through.

Cannot wait for November, even though Texas should have a hard time of it competing with A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Texas Tech and the other also-runs.

Thank goodness we have GG!

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 10/11/07 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FudPucked wrote:
Does anyone think Gail Goestenkors can get Texas within the top 25?

Yes, but she'll struggle keeping them in there this season.

I agree with RavenDog regarding Oklahoma, but I believe they'll be a LOT better at the end of the season than they will be at the beginning. Look for the Sooners to make a real buzz in the NCAA Tournament this season.

Mathies to LA 2013
mikeyc22

PostPosted: 10/11/07 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Anyone remember Marist?

I love them. In a poll I did, they definitely made my Top 25. I am also looking to apply there.

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 10/11/07 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The past two pre-seasons I've been hearing and buying into the Oklahoma hype. I'm not buying into this year. They've stalled in the past two tourneys. If they were going to make some noise and return to the Final Four, I thought last year would have have been their best chance because of their experienced shooters in Welch and Higgins, as well as the steady play from Leah Rush.

I'm looking forward to seeing Ashley Paris in a full-time starter's roll, as well as seeing what Thompson can provide for team as a sophomore, but I'm going to hold out until/if they reach the Elite Eight for a Final Four run and a hope of them winning the Natty.

comet_fan_97

PostPosted: 10/11/07 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mississippi State? You're kidding right?

PostPosted: 10/11/07 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Anyone remember Marist?

I actually thought about them, and looked at their schedule. But they really only play OSU and Hartford (In terms of pretty good scheduling.)

I know Vianni is going to be back, but I'm not sure how many of them were seniors.

PostPosted: 10/11/07 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
The past two pre-seasons I've been hearing and buying into the Oklahoma hype. I'm not buying into this year. They've stalled in the past two tourneys. If they were going to make some noise and return to the Final Four, I thought last year would have have been their best chance because of their experienced shooters in Welch and Higgins, as well as the steady play from Leah Rush.

I'm looking forward to seeing Ashley Paris in a full-time starter's roll, as well as seeing what Thompson can provide for team as a sophomore, but I'm going to hold out until/if they reach the Elite Eight for a Final Four run and a hope of them winning the Natty.

Contrary to popular opinion, the baby was not tossed with the bath water.

ajdawg7

PostPosted: 10/11/07 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon State?
Maybe the other OSU, Oklahoma State but as a Pac-10 fan can't see it.
If you're looking for another pac-10 team to add to the discussion my money would be on USC, Washington (who's added some serious size) or possibly UCLA with the talent they add this year in Rogers and Nzekwe,

John Wooden
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 10/11/07 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

Notre Dame was my #26. I think they will be good. I just didn't have room for them.

Ohio State, after losing Hoskins and Davenport, will have a lot of leadership problems, IMO. I don't see a leader or a star on their team. The only player I could see being a star is, no pun intended, Star Allen. But then again, is she good or was she good last year because everyone focused on Jess? We'll see. I don't think it's a coincidence that OSU really began to self-destruct after Brandi went down. I do like their freshman, though. Lavendar is special and Brittany Johnson is the overall scoring leader in the history if Illinois girl's hoops. But with youth, comes inexperience. I could see OSU making the post season though.

I didn't really think Marist deserved a top 25 mention. I have a feeling they're a one(or two) hit wonder.

Marquette has lost some post, but they also brought on a lot of talented freshman, much like OSU. And I don't think Nebraska is rebuilding. They still have players like Page and Griffin. I guess I'm expecting more out of Nebraska than most people.

We'll see what happens with Marquette - there are definitely a lot of new faces with five true frosh and a redshirt frosh. I don't see them as top 25 material but I do think they'll manage a top 12 BE finish and make the BE Tournament. I think the key for Marquette is to develop a consistent reliable scorer outside of Krystal Ellis - otherwise it'll be easy for teams to clamp down on her.

bullsky

PostPosted: 10/11/07 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Re: Oklahoma. Oklahoma is going to be stellar in the paint, but I worry that their shooting will be streaky, too streaky. I think the Sooners really let their big chance go last season. They had everything but a steady starter the point guard. Replacing players like Chelsi Welsh, Leah Rush, and Erin Higgins is going to be tougher than most(seem to) think. As a former fan of the Sooners, (I'll still root for them, but I'm now apart of Illini nation with the removal of Grentz) I wish Oklahoma nothing but the best. But right now, they have lots of posts and not enough solid shooters. Also, their perimeter is inexperienced. How that will effect them will not be known until we see them play in the big games against stellar defenses like Texas A&M's.

Re Mississippi State and Oregon State. No, I'm not kidding. Mississippi State went 7-7 in a very tough SEC last year and they return pretty much everyone. Actually, I think they return everyone. I don't think there was a senior on their roster last year. I could be wrong, though. Oregon is a bit of a stretch, but I like to always choose a couple teams that most might not think of. LaVonda Wagner has already turned that program into one that people respect in just a couple years. They return a lot of players and I think that could help them, especially with a young, inspiring coach like LaVonda. I wouldn't count them out.

Oh, and I think it was bballfan2005 that said Oklahoma State will be this year's Kentucky. Totally agree.

PostPosted: 10/11/07 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:

Re Mississippi State and Oregon State. No, I'm not kidding. Mississippi State went 7-7 in a very tough SEC last year and they return pretty much everyone. Actually, I think they return everyone. I don't think there was a senior on their roster last year. I could be wrong, though. Oregon is a bit of a stretch, but I like to always choose a couple teams that most might not think of. LaVonda Wagner has already turned that program into one that people respect in just a couple years. They return a lot of players and I think that could help them, especially with a young, inspiring coach like LaVonda. I wouldn't count them out.

Oh, and I think it was bballfan2005 that said Oklahoma State will be this year's Kentucky. Totally agree.

Oregon State lost a couple of key players to transfer (Lomax and someone else) and their leading 20 ppg scorer (Casey Nash). Agree Wagner is a good coach (and I like her, having met her at the Pac-10 tournament), but OSU will not be one fo the better teams in the Pac-10, much less anywhere near the top 25. Also, if they did what they did last year, their schedule was horrendously easy and drags down the entire conference RPI (along with WSU).

Stephen Shirley

PostPosted: 10/12/07 7:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Anyone remember Marist?

I sure do. Crying or Very sad

I'm curious why Middle TN hasn't been mentioned at all in the thread.

Michael

PostPosted: 10/12/07 8:09 am    ::: Re: My Top 25 Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
1 Tennessee
2 UConn
3 Maryland
4 Rutgers
5 LSU
6 Duke
7 Stanford
8 North Carolina
9 Georgia
10 Arizona State
11 Texas A&M
12 Oklahoma
13 George Washington
14 NC State
15 California
16 Baylor
17 DePaul
18 Wisconsin
19 Pittsburgh
20 West Virginia
21 Florida State
22 Illinois
23 Wyoming
24 Michigan State
25 Southern Illinois

I love your optimism for your team, but IMO there is no way UIll is better this season then MSU and OSU. I expect Illinois to get better, and if Law can recruit the Illinois HS talent, they will be tough, but OSU is still going to be a solid team this season.

Michael R.

PostPosted: 10/12/07 9:36 am    ::: top 25 Reply Reply with quote

where is Gail's team?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: