RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Ball St. Dir. BBall Op DUI?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 08/22/07 11:33 am    ::: Ball St. Dir. BBall Op DUI? Reply Reply with quote

Did she learn NOTHING from Braxton?
http://media.www.bsudailynews.com/media/storage/paper849/news/2007/08/21/Sports/Womens.Basketball.Corbin.Arrested.Saturday-2933145.shtml

PostPosted: 08/22/07 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OMFG!

PostPosted: 08/22/07 11:53 am    ::: Re: Ball St. Dir. BBall Op DUI? Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
Did she learn NOTHING from Braxton?

Unfortunately, the lesson from Braxton's case is that DUI gets you nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

PostPosted: 08/22/07 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE DRUNK" !!!!! So where was Ms. Corbin's friends ????? I'm sure Ms. Corbin was not out alone drinking at 2:00am , so how was it that she was left alone to drive herself home.????

I hope these are questions that her friends are asking themselves. I know we must face the circumstances that we have caused due to our actions but she needed help that night and didn't get any.

Hang in there Kelsey, we still love ya. Smile

" My best seasons in the WNBA have been the two that I spent in Indiana. Not only did I get the chance to play in front of some of the most passionate fans in the WNBA, but I also had an incredible opportunity to play alongside one of the best players in the history of the game in Tamika Catchings. " ANNA DEFORGE.
RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 08/22/07 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ummm.. so she's not responsible for her actions? Her friends are???

heck, mebbe THEY were drunk too, and took cabs.. and she wouldn't...

PostPosted: 08/22/07 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

REL's right, Rocky. Yes, we need to look after our buddies but it was Kels who made the final decision to drink and drive, espcially on the first weekend back for students.

I guess if there is a silver lining in this shit is the fact that she is no longer a S/A. If that was the case, Roller would have had her out out school and back in Fort Wayne in a heart beat. But don't you think for a minute that Kels is going to get a free ride out of this.

The comparasons to Braxton are somewhat of a stretch; whereas Braxton relishes her bad ass image and really does not care but Corbin will learn from this and is smart enough NOT to do something as stupid again. And neither Corbin or her parents will be out whining to the MSM about how unfair it is and how she is being picked on.

PostPosted: 08/23/07 5:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
ummm.. so she's not responsible for her actions? Her friends are???

heck, mebbe THEY were drunk too, and took cabs.. and she wouldn't...

I know we must face the circumstances that we have caused due to our actions but she needed help that night and didn't get any.

Guess you didn't read that part !!!!!! She will face what she did and with class.

" My best seasons in the WNBA have been the two that I spent in Indiana. Not only did I get the chance to play in front of some of the most passionate fans in the WNBA, but I also had an incredible opportunity to play alongside one of the best players in the history of the game in Tamika Catchings. " ANNA DEFORGE.
RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 08/23/07 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No, i read that -- and it read like you let her off the hook and blamed her friends.

First and foremost, SHE went out. SHE decided to drink. SHE decided to drink some more. SHE got drunk. SHE staggered to her car. SHE got in her car and put the keys in the ignition. SHE started the car and drove a weapon through the streets, endangering herself and any stranger who might have been out at the same time.

I'll be impressed with her class when, after the sentecing etc. are done, she continues to speak up and out about drinking on campus... maybe connects the ball state program with support groups for victims of drunk driving.

And, maybe, as you suggest, she should dump her friends since they seem to support her foolish and dangerous behavior.

PostPosted: 08/23/07 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
No, i read that -- and it read like you let her off the hook and blamed her friends.

First and foremost, SHE went out. SHE decided to drink. SHE decided to drink some more. SHE got drunk. SHE staggered to her car. SHE got in her car and put the keys in the ignition. SHE started the car and drove a weapon through the streets, endangering herself and any stranger who might have been out at the same time.

I'll be impressed with her class when, after the sentecing etc. are done, she continues to speak up and out about drinking on campus... maybe connects the ball state program with support groups for victims of drunk driving.

And, maybe, as you suggest, she should dump her friends since they seem to support her foolish and dangerous behavior.

WHATEVER !!!!

Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall !!!! Rolling Eyes

Michael

PostPosted: 08/23/07 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

00NDROCKS wrote:
RedEqualsLuck wrote:

WHATEVER !!!!

Look, we all get that her friends didn't help her out, but who chose those people as her friends? Any way you slice this, the fault is 100% on the idiot that chose to drive drunk. Personally I think there should be a 2 year suspension automatically in these cases and a significant cost, say $3,000, for getting their license renewed. This was no less dangerous then taking a loaded gun out into the street and blindly firing off several shots IMHO, and people in this country need to understand that and quit making excuses for the people that commit this very serious crime.

Off my soapbox now.

Michael R.

PostPosted: 08/23/07 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

0.10. That BAC used to be the legal limit in this state. For a woman of Corbin's stature, drinking two glasses of table wine after dinner is equivalent to about 0.10.

0.08 is the legal limit now. 0.08-0.10 are levels at which it is hard - not only for the drinker but for those who are around them - to realize that there has been any impairment.

Not condoning DUI, just putting it into perspective as a mistake that many of us are just one drink away from. Again, for a woman of slight stature, the legal limit can be exceeded on the second drink. The difference between Corbin and many of us is that she just happens to have been caught.

Bottom line. Don't drink and drive. Period.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 08/26/07 7:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:
0.10. That BAC used to be the legal limit in this state. For a woman of Corbin's stature, drinking two glasses of table wine after dinner is equivalent to about 0.10.

0.08 is the legal limit now. 0.08-0.10 are levels at which it is hard - not only for the drinker but for those who are around them - to realize that there has been any impairment.

Not condoning DUI, just putting it into perspective as a mistake that many of us are just one drink away from. Again, for a woman of slight stature, the legal limit can be exceeded on the second drink. The difference between Corbin and many of us is that she just happens to have been caught.

Best post on this subject - ever.

Casein

PostPosted: 08/26/07 7:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:
0.08-0.10 are levels at which it is hard - not only for the drinker but for those who are around them - to realize that there has been any impairment.

If you ever vist Oz, be very very careful then, all states are .05, there are zero readings required of some class of drivers.

Quote:

As the ad here says, and maybe there, If you Drink and Drive, You're a Bloody Idiot.

PostPosted: 08/28/07 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

00NDROCKS wrote:
RedEqualsLuck wrote:

WHATEVER !!!!

it's ok... talking to you is like talking to an exuse-maker Rolling Eyes when someone contradicts your beliefs you run away...

PostPosted: 08/29/07 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
00NDROCKS wrote:
RedEqualsLuck wrote:

WHATEVER !!!!

it's ok... talking to you is like talking to an exuse-maker Rolling Eyes when someone contradicts your beliefs you run away...

I didn't run anywhere . ......... Wink Let's have some peace between us, I look at it one way and you look at it another....Cool ?????? Very Happy

miatamama

PostPosted: 08/29/07 11:59 am    ::: Not condoning DUI Reply Reply with quote

The statement made above about all BAC's being .05 is wrong. Here's a link to information about Illinois' BAC & punishments:

http://www.isp.state.il.us/traffic/drnkdriving.cfm

And here's information about Indiana's BAC, etc:
http://www.dmv.org/in-indiana/automotive-law/dui.php#Legal_Limits

Vigilance about DUI/DWI is commendable and too many lives are lost to irresponsible behavior. If this person under discussion committed a crime they should be punished. People make horrible mistakes and hopefully people don't die as a result of their bad choices.

Read this story and you'll see what happens when people are irresponsible and behave as criminals:

http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070829/NEWS03/708290339/1152/NEWS

PostPosted: 08/29/07 7:12 pm    ::: Re: Not condoning DUI Reply Reply with quote

miatamama wrote:
The statement made above about all BAC's being .05 is wrong. Here's a link to information about Illinois' BAC & punishments:

If you did not notice, the reference to .05 was for Australia.

Read before the plead. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/30/07 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whatever.... Cool Cool Cool

Get a grip....do the crime, do the time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: