RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Purdue and Ball State playing again.........kinda

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BallState1984

PostPosted: 08/18/07 9:25 pm    ::: Purdue and Ball State playing again.........kinda Reply Reply with quote

Except it is a scrimmage in exhibition.

I guess Versyp is being somewhat of a chicken because I do know that Ball State wanted it for real.

PostPosted: 08/18/07 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even a Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton less Purdue would beat Ball State anyday Wink

WE ARE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

http://twitter.com/TravisInIndy
BallState1984

PostPosted: 08/19/07 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Uh... have you even seen Ball State play? Do so before making such snap judgements.

PostPosted: 08/19/07 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BallState1984 wrote:
Uh... have you even seen Ball State play? Do so before making such snap judgements.

Yes and I remember them last year getting plenty of TV time on the news. Purdue would still win

WE ARE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

http://twitter.com/TravisInIndy
IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 08/19/07 4:48 pm    ::: Re: Purdue and Ball State playing again.........kinda Reply Reply with quote

BallState1984 wrote:
Except it is a scrimmage in exhibition.

I guess Versyp is being somewhat of a chicken because I do know that Ball State wanted it for real.

Ummm, have you seen Purdue's preseason schedule? It is brutal. No way in hell Versyp is afraid to play Ball State.

However, I do think that the in-state schools should play each other every year. I think it should be the same for the men too.

Personally, I think it would be great if we did a mini-tourney of some kind and picked a new site every year (say at BSU one year, Purdue, the next, IU the next, and so on) and all the teams played. How fun would that be!!

PostPosted: 08/19/07 8:20 pm    ::: Re: Purdue and Ball State playing again.........kinda Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:

Personally, I think it would be great if we did a mini-tourney of some kind and picked a new site every year (say at BSU one year, Purdue, the next, IU the next, and so on) and all the teams played. How fun would that be!!

They had something like that set up a few years ago. No tourney, just two games. It was ISU, Ball State, Purdue and IU (I think, it was like 10 years ago--fuzzy memory). I remember going to BSU Nell's year, and ISU the next year I think.

PostPosted: 08/19/07 9:58 pm    ::: Re: Purdue and Ball State playing again.........kinda Reply Reply with quote

Kelli wrote:
IndyPurduefan wrote:

They had something like that set up a few years ago. No tourney, just two games. It was ISU, Ball State, Purdue and IU (I think, it was like 10 years ago--fuzzy memory). I remember going to BSU Nell's year, and ISU the next year I think.

That would work too, but I would want the records to count. I just think it would up the stature of IN as a premier bball state, as well as give a lot more publicity to smaller programs such as Ball State when they play a team like a Purdue or Notre Dame (and perhaps one day an IU as well).

PostPosted: 08/19/07 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is the Indiana Classic which has seen in various incarnations Ball State, Valpo, IUPUF, Indiana, Indiana State and Butler. I know BSU and Valpo are two of the four for this year and I would need to see a complete schedule to see what the other two schools are.

I think ND and Purdue may have participated in this tournament in the day.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: