RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chatman speaks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mandih23

PostPosted: 08/14/07 2:51 am    ::: Chatman speaks Reply Reply with quote

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=2973421

Quote:
"The best word would be bombarded," Chatman said, according to Baton Rouge's The Advocate. "I'm at the hairdresser and I get a call [from associate head coach Bob Starkey saying], 'They don't want you to take the practice floor [March 6] at 12 o'clock.' I have never spoken to a LSU person in position of authority before, during or after. Only my subordinate [Starkey]. That's it. I couldn't tell you what the allegations were specifically."

PostPosted: 08/14/07 10:34 am    ::: Re: Chatman speaks Reply Reply with quote

mandih23 wrote:

Quote:
"The best word would be bombarded," Chatman said, according to Baton Rouge's The Advocate. "I'm at the hairdresser and I get a call [from associate head coach Bob Starkey saying], 'They don't want you to take the practice floor [March 6] at 12 o'clock.' I have never spoken to a LSU person in position of authority before, during or after. Only my subordinate [Starkey]. That's it. I couldn't tell you what the allegations were specifically."

so why the f*ck did she quit?

PostPosted: 08/14/07 3:42 pm    ::: Re: Chatman speaks Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:

The article was pretty short, so it's hard to know if this is what she really meant, but I read it as her saying she was in a "quit or be fired" situation, without actually having been told why.

Others may have a different read.

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 08/14/07 5:56 pm    ::: Re: Chatman speaks Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
RedEqualsLuck wrote:

The article was pretty short, so it's hard to know if this is what she really meant, but I read it as her saying she was in a "quit or be fired" situation, without actually having been told why.

which is why, again, I ask: Then why the F*CK did she quit?!?! Just 'cause?

PostPosted: 08/14/07 10:47 pm    ::: Re: Chatman speaks Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
beknighted wrote:
RedEqualsLuck wrote:

which is why, again, I ask: Then why the F*CK did she quit?!?! Just 'cause?

Usually in those situations, you're offered some sweetener if you quit and it's suggested that additional dire consequences will follow if you're fired.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/15/07 7:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I find it interesting Pokey is coaching at a camp and college coaching isn't what she is looking at now, notice she didn't say anything about the WNBA.

Quote:
"Will I coach again? I'm coaching today," she said from the camp, according to the Times-Picayune. "Will I ever coach another college team? You never rule anything out, but that's not what I'm looking for today."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: