RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

TAMPA HERE I COME!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 08/11/07 12:48 pm    ::: TAMPA HERE I COME!!! Reply Reply with quote

no letter, but i've been credited my application fee-- minus the cost of 2 tickets... Smile

PostPosted: 08/12/07 8:18 pm    ::: tickets Reply Reply with quote

Anyone interested in tickets can buy them on eBay close to the tournament. Unless you want el-primo "down on the court" tickets you can buy 2 tickets for $100 or so. I'm thinking most of the NCAA lottery tickets are up in the nosebleed sections anyway.

PostPosted: 08/12/07 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

me too! me too! Got my letter yesterday!
Also, get hotel ASAP! It;s not as bad as Cleveland but the good hotels are filling up quickly.

It depends. I talked to a couple of fellow Lady Vols fans in Cleveland and they said that they got court side tickets one year through the NCAA lottery. But I noticed from a couple of "scalpers" that they had better seats, so you are probably right if you can stomach the gamble.

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
cujo

PostPosted: 08/13/07 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Got my confirmation today as well - WooHoo! Will be going as a fan or maybe as a writer covering it. Either way - I am going!

beknighted

PostPosted: 08/13/07 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I got my letter over the weekend. I usually wait until March to get my hotel. It worked fine in Boston (where I actually was within walking distance), but my experience in Cleveland makes me think I shouldn't take that chance again.

I agree that you can find tickets online closer to the event, but I like knowing I have them in advance.

waterloosunset

PostPosted: 08/13/07 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mine arrived today, yay.

trax10usa

PostPosted: 08/14/07 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'M GOING TOO!!

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 08/15/07 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone want to recommend some hotels near the arena (or not?)

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 08/15/07 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

as the hotel thread suggests.. nothin' nearby...

looks like La Quinta's are the cheapest -- and all a distance from the arena... but, I'm hoping to rent a car and maybe do some birding..., so distance might be good. Smile

PostPosted: 08/16/07 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, it looks like if I book through http://ncaamarchmadness2008.com/womens/fanhousing like I did last year, I can cancel with no penalty up to 72 hours before my arrival date (last year it was two months!). So I'll take a far off one, and if something later opens up close by, I can still grab it.

BTW, there is one hotel on the ncaa list that is walking distance to the arena, Howard Johnson Plaza. However, the internet is littered with reviews complaning about filth and noise and mold and rudeness there, so I'm avoiding that one myself!

beknighted

PostPosted: 08/16/07 11:35 am    ::: Surprising news about the NCAA Reply Reply with quote

I was stunned yesterday to get a call from the NCAA. They were checking on the address information for my tickets to make sure they got to the right place. (I have things shipped to my office instead of my home address because there isn't always somebody home.) This example of actual customer service floored me, as it's exactly the opposite of what I expect from the NCAA.

cujo

PostPosted: 08/17/07 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just remember, the tournament will be played during prime spring break in Florida so lodging will become tight.
The St Pete Times Forum is close to the Port of Tampa. There are usually cruise ships parked within walking distance of the arena. If you really don't mind the drive, book a room at St Pete Beach. It is gorgeous, there are lots of hotels to choose from and great restaurants and bars up and down the road. If you have loads of cash, stay at the Don Cesar. If you want remote and quaint, book at Island's End and catch the best breakfast on the beach across the street at The Seahorse.
I am looking forward to great basketball, great weather, and a great tan!

cujo

PostPosted: 08/18/07 7:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just wanted to provide this link to a great Women's Basketball event in November, also at St. Pete Times Forum:
http://www.tampabaysports.org/press_room/release.php?id=48

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: