RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Will Big Ten welcome 12th member...and if so, who?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Big Ten expand to 12 teams?
yes
40%
 40%  [ 8 ]
no
55%
 55%  [ 11 ]
not sure
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

boilerjay

PostPosted: 07/30/07 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Missouri isn't nearly a big enough market for what the Big 10 is looking for.

The Big 10 is looking to get into New York...PERIOD. It's all about the new Big 10 network. To make it work, they need a large market.

ajdawg7

PostPosted: 07/31/07 1:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As regards the Pac10, the conference is so f...ed up that they'd never do something to benefit fans like add teams. Football is king out here too. If they were to add teams my money would be on Boise State as the primary target with the recent success they've had. Fresno State, San Diego State, Utah and even San Jose State as the possible 12th. I'll even throw in a name that would be the budgeter's nightmare but every single solitary coach in any sport in the conference would love this one from a recruiting standpoint, Hawaii.
Good football, good women's v-ball, and give trues credence to being the Pacific 10 or 12.

John Wooden
UTexRulz23

PostPosted: 07/31/07 1:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ajdawg7 wrote:
As regards the Pac10, the conference is so f...ed up that they'd never do something to benefit fans like add teams. Football is king out here too. If they were to add teams my money would be on Boise State as the primary target with the recent success they've had. Fresno State, San Diego State, Utah and even San Jose State as the possible 12th. I'll even throw in a name that would be the budgeter's nightmare but every single solitary coach in any sport in the conference would love this one from a recruiting standpoint, Hawaii.
Good football, good women's v-ball, and give trues credence to being the Pacific 10 or 12.

There are clearly plenty of options. It'd be nice if they'd do something. I think it'd be interesting to see Hawaii in the Pac-10, but if they want to keep it to states on the Pacific Coast (although Arizona kind of defeats that), then take Fresno State and either SDS or SJS. Still, a lot of Western football teams don't really have a major conference option.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: