RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Brynn Cameron update
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hooper1

PostPosted: 07/28/07 11:18 am    ::: Re: Surreal thread Reply Reply with quote

spacey wrote:
Stephen Shirley wrote:
So how has having a baby "ruined" Cameron's life? I bet if you asked, she'd actually say her child is the greatest joy in her life. WAIT A MINUTE!!! She said just that. "I can't even explain it. Being a mom is the best thing ever. He makes everything worth it."

Has her life changed forever? Certainly. But my life changed forever every time my wife gave birth to another one of our children (fourth and final just turned 10 weeks old today). But my life certainly hasn't been "ruined."

it's amazing how some people get angry when a baby isn't aborted.

Who are are quoting here? These are posts from three or four people here.

Who's angry that Brynn didn't get an abortion? It's just sad that she and Matt couldn't put on a frickin' condom, and that child will grow up without a father and that Brynn will lose her 20s and 30s to an accidental baby.

Soonerville

PostPosted: 07/28/07 12:01 pm    ::: Re: Surreal thread Reply Reply with quote

hooper1 wrote:
spacey wrote:
Stephen Shirley wrote:
So how has having a baby "ruined" Cameron's life? I bet if you asked, she'd actually say her child is the greatest joy in her life. WAIT A MINUTE!!! She said just that. "I can't even explain it. Being a mom is the best thing ever. He makes everything worth it."

Has her life changed forever? Certainly. But my life changed forever every time my wife gave birth to another one of our children (fourth and final just turned 10 weeks old today). But my life certainly hasn't been "ruined."

Who's angry that Brynn didn't get an abortion? It's just sad that she and Matt couldn't put on a frickin' condom, and that child will grow up without a father and that Brynn will lose her 20s and 30s to an accidental baby.

Agreed.

Maing the broadbased assumption that people are angry when babies aren't aborted is ridiculous.

I'm angry at people who don't adopt/give to adoption organizations or support safe and free birth control, to ensure that abortion becomes a very rare thing. Or, place the emphasis of obtaining/maintaining said birth control as the sole responsibility of the female. It's not just a safeguard against unplanned pregnancy, but disease.

Lord knows who else Matt was schtupping. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 07/28/07 12:03 pm    ::: Re: Surreal thread Reply Reply with quote

Soonerville wrote:
hooper1 wrote:
spacey wrote:
Stephen Shirley wrote:

Agreed.

Making the broadbased assumption that people are angry when babies aren't aborted is ridiculous.

I'm angry at people who pass judgment and yet don't adopt/give to adoption organizations or support safe and free birth control, to ensure that abortion becomes a very rare thing. Or, place the emphasis of obtaining/maintaining said birth control as the sole responsibility of the female. It's not just a safeguard against unplanned pregnancy, but disease.

Lord knows who else Matt was schtupping. Crying or Very sad

And, FWIW, I was an adopted child (one of three in my family) and I have two biological kids and one adopted kid. Smile

PostPosted: 07/28/07 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My understanding is that California wants the mother and father to be able to provide the same lifestyle for their kids and that, for child support, it is a very formulaic system based on relative salaries of the two individuals and % of custody time. based on a few examples I've heard about, $30,000/month ($360,000/year) actually doesn't seem out of the ballpark when Matt is making what, $8 million/year?

How anyone can spend $30k per month on taking care of a child, I don't know, but it doesn't seem unlikely to happen, especially if she has custody 99% of the time as the article states. If he wants to keep the number down, he should try to get more custody, I'm sure something could be worked out where he had him a big chunk of the time during basketball season and she had him a big chunk of the time during football season and they trade him back and forth the rest of the time. The kid will suffer from being shuttled around all the time, but that's the way it goes.

Kids are definitely the biggest loser in breakups, but I'm sure it's better than being dead!

I don't see how anyone's life is ruined here? Everyone definitely has some hardships, but there is enough money to go around to make it easier than say, two college students who aren't going to get professional football/basketball money who are in the same situation?

Anyway, good luck to Brynn, Matt and especially Cole!

Editted to Add: I was curious and searched for the formula and found this calculator. Matt needs to pay it and shut up:

http://www.west.net/~ivguy/testcalc.html
based on the 6 year $51 mil contract ($8.5mil/year or approx $700,000 per month... I'm sure its smaller at the beginning, but the avg is probably close enough) and a guess that while in school/basketball she probably isn't making more than $2k/month even assuming they count her scholly as income, which would be an interesting argument)... at 50% custody for one child, the formula came up with approx $60k/month. He'd have to have custody about 70% of the time in order for the formula to be about $30k/month. Compared to what she is probably entitled to under the law, she seems to be making a reasonable request.

caune

PostPosted: 08/03/07 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First, how do you know they were having unprotected sex? The pill and condems are not 100% there are risks to all behaviors.

Now about Matt, he visits his child every week...but as Bryn says he doesn't do any of the work, well visits aren't work so you get her point...but Matt has filed for partial custody (every other weekend and summers) so he seems willing to do at least some of his part.

Finally the judge awarded her $15,000.00 a month in child support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: