RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Brynn Cameron update
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caune

PostPosted: 07/24/07 8:51 am    ::: Brynn Cameron update Reply Reply with quote

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/14122234.html#cutid1

She will return to USC team this season after giving birth

PostPosted: 07/24/07 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

God, its gotta be SO wierd having a baby while still playing college ball.

PROTECTION PEOPLE

PostPosted: 07/25/07 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JACKOWACKO wrote:
God, its gotta be SO wierd having a baby while still playing college ball.

PROTECTION PEOPLE

Gorgeous baby though. Now that she has him, she wouldn't give him back.

I hope she's getting some good child support with a baby daddy in the NFL.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 07/25/07 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JACKOWACKO wrote:
God, its gotta be SO wierd having a baby while still playing college ball...

Yolanda Griffith might be an exception to that. She had a scholarship awaiting for her to play at the University of Iowa (then coached by C. Vivian Stringer). But when she gave birth to her daughter, she had to cancel those plans and she quit school.

She eventually relocated to Lake Worth, FLA, and played at a community college and later transferred to Florida Atlantic University (then a Division II school).

(click here for more on Yo's early parenthood years):
http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/184962.html

hooper1

PostPosted: 07/26/07 12:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sounds like Lienart is a complete ass! I'm dumbfounded that she gave her son Lienart's last name. (I thought that USC people were a little smarter than that... but perhaps it's only for the money.)

And I second the sentiment... use condoms, use adoption, have abortions, don't ruin your life when you're young! (That will all happen when you're older.)

Stephen Shirley

PostPosted: 07/26/07 9:02 am    ::: Ummm... Reply Reply with quote

hooper1 wrote:
And I second the sentiment... use condoms, use adoption, have abortions, don't ruin your life when you're young! (That will all happen when you're older.)

There are many who would consider the abortion option to be more "ruinous" to life than missing a year of basketball. Rolling Eyes

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 07/26/07 10:09 am    ::: Re: Ummm... Reply Reply with quote

Stephen Shirley wrote:
hooper1 wrote:

There are many who would consider the abortion option to be more "ruinous" to life than missing a year of basketball. Rolling Eyes

true -- but having a baby doesn't just mean "missing a year of basketball" now, does it.

PostPosted: 07/26/07 6:41 pm    ::: Surreal thread Reply Reply with quote

So how has having a baby "ruined" Cameron's life? I bet if you asked, she'd actually say her child is the greatest joy in her life. WAIT A MINUTE!!! She said just that. "I can't even explain it. Being a mom is the best thing ever. He makes everything worth it."

Has her life changed forever? Certainly. But my life changed forever every time my wife gave birth to another one of our children (fourth and final just turned 10 weeks old today). But my life certainly hasn't been "ruined."

hooper1

PostPosted: 07/26/07 6:46 pm    ::: Re: Ummm... Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
Stephen Shirley wrote:
hooper1 wrote:

true -- but having a baby doesn't just mean "missing a year of basketball" now, does it.

Of course she'll say having a baby is the greatest thing that ever happened to her NOW because she has no choice at this point. What else is she going to say?

And it's not about a year of basketball, it's about being responsible for a child for the next 18-25 years and losing out on your own childhood/early adulthood.

Keegan

PostPosted: 07/26/07 8:07 pm    ::: Re: Ummm... Reply Reply with quote

hooper1 wrote:
And it's not about a year of basketball, it's about being responsible for a child for the next 18-25 years and losing out on your own childhood/early adulthood.

Her choice. More important things to worry about than people who are allegedly throwing their lives away to raise children.
Stephen Shirley

PostPosted: 07/26/07 9:06 pm    ::: Re: Ummm... Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
hooper1 wrote:

Her choice. More important things to worry about than people who are allegedly throwing their lives away to raise children.

One thing on which to focus that is certainly important: dead-beat dads. While there are plenty of young, unwed fathers that do the "right" things when it comes to providing and caring for the baby, far too many leave the mother and child to fend for themselves.

It looks like Matt Leinart may fall into the latter category. Even complete financial support does not make the actions right that are alleged in the story.

hooper1

PostPosted: 07/27/07 1:41 am    ::: Re: Ummm... Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
hooper1 wrote:

I guess there's no point in discussing how being raised by a single parent with no means of supporting herself and a father who is never around would affect a child. Guess it's not important to think about which grandparent will have to care for the child while mommy goes to basketball practice. The well being of the child is really not that important.

Keegan

PostPosted: 07/27/07 1:51 am    ::: Re: Ummm... Reply Reply with quote

hooper1 wrote:
I guess there's no point in discussing how being raised by a single parent with no means of supporting herself and a father who is never around would affect a child. Guess it's not important to think about which grandparent will have to care for the child while mommy goes to basketball practice. The well being of the child is really not that important.

I guess there's no point in discussing how many assumptions you're making that may not be true.
mandih23

PostPosted: 07/27/07 2:20 am    ::: Re: Ummm... Reply Reply with quote

hooper1 wrote:

First, I happen to be the love of my grandma's life, and second of all, I happen to be thankful to be alive... thank you very much.

PostPosted: 07/27/07 11:22 am    ::: Re: Ummm... Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
hooper1 wrote:

I guess there's no point in discussing how many assumptions you're making that may not be true.

She's said herself that Matt is not around to care for the child, and she's also said that her parents are helping her with primary care giving activities.

But, I'll bite. How is Cameron supporting herself right now? How much does she make per year?

pilight

PostPosted: 07/27/07 11:54 am    ::: Re: Ummm... Reply Reply with quote

hooper1 wrote:
I guess there's no point in discussing how being raised by a single parent with no means of supporting herself and a father who is never around would affect a child.

It seems unlikely that the child would be better off if he had been killed because his life would be too inconvenient for the mother. Cameron should have been thinking about support and fatherlessness before she decided to hump the QB.

PostPosted: 07/27/07 12:07 pm    ::: Re: Ummm... Reply Reply with quote

hooper1 wrote:

But, I'll bite. How is Cameron supporting herself right now? How much does she make per year?

I had heard that she is getting 6K/ month but if she wins her lawsuit, it looks like she'll get 30k a month
http://people.monstersandcritics.com/features/article_1334400.php/NFL_Matt_Leinarts_child_support_woes

Soonerville

PostPosted: 07/27/07 12:09 pm    ::: Re: Ummm... Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
hooper1 wrote:
I guess there's no point in discussing how being raised by a single parent with no means of supporting herself and a father who is never around would affect a child.

It seems unlikely that the child would be better off if he had been killed because his life would be too inconvenient for the mother. Cameron should have been thinking about support and fatherlessness before she decided to hump the QB.

And maybe he should have covered that thing if he didn't want all the drama.

Last I knew, a female can't impregnante herself. I'm just saying.

PostPosted: 07/27/07 12:51 pm    ::: Re: Ummm... Reply Reply with quote

Soonerville wrote:
pilight wrote:
hooper1 wrote:

And maybe he should have covered that thing if he didn't want all the drama.

Last I knew, a female can't impregnante herself. I'm just saying.

Very Happy Very Happy

giraffespots

PostPosted: 07/27/07 1:10 pm    ::: Re: Ummm... Reply Reply with quote

hooper1 wrote:
RedEqualsLuck wrote:
Stephen Shirley wrote:
hooper1 wrote:

Of course she'll say having a baby is the greatest thing that ever happened to her NOW because she has no choice at this point. What else is she going to say?

Ah, yes, Hooper, BUT when Brynn is 38 (assuming she is 20 now), her child will be graduating High school and going out on his own. She will be FREE before she is 40.

Assuming she has her last child by no later than age 25, she will be done by age 45 (when you hit 40 you'll know, life really DOES begin at 40) and she will have the rest of her life to play and have fun. AND by age 45, she should be financially stable enough to be able to actually DO stuff. Plus, she will have lovely grandkids and be able to play with them and THEN GIVE THEM BACK.

IMO, having a child that young is not a bad thing.

PostPosted: 07/27/07 1:15 pm    ::: Re: Ummm... Reply Reply with quote

ladydawgs96 wrote:
hooper1 wrote:

I had heard that she is getting 6K/ month but if she wins her lawsuit, it looks like she'll get 30k a month
http://people.monstersandcritics.com/features/article_1334400.php/NFL_Matt_Leinarts_child_support_woes

Personally, I hope she wins. She needs to set a precedent with him and make sure that he doesn't walk over her should his good will cease to exist. In any case, she is assuring her child gets the best care possible.

hooper1

PostPosted: 07/27/07 1:23 pm    ::: Re: Ummm... Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
ladydawgs96 wrote:
hooper1 wrote:

Personally, I hope she wins. She needs to set a precedent with him and make sure that he doesn't walk over her should his good will cease to exist. In any case, she is assuring her child gets the best care possible.

Well, "the best care possible" would be having the father sharing the responsibility of raising the child with the mother. But maybe loads of money can make up for that.

JACKOWACKO

PostPosted: 07/27/07 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Again...why have unprotected sex when your still in college, with a year of elig. left? Why not wait? If her relationship was so good with Matt, then why couldnt he and her wait?

PostPosted: 07/27/07 8:10 pm    ::: Re: Surreal thread Reply Reply with quote

Stephen Shirley wrote:
So how has having a baby "ruined" Cameron's life? I bet if you asked, she'd actually say her child is the greatest joy in her life. WAIT A MINUTE!!! She said just that. "I can't even explain it. Being a mom is the best thing ever. He makes everything worth it."

Has her life changed forever? Certainly. But my life changed forever every time my wife gave birth to another one of our children (fourth and final just turned 10 weeks old today). But my life certainly hasn't been "ruined."

it's amazing how some people get angry when a baby isn't aborted.

hooper1

PostPosted: 07/28/07 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think this is the longest thread about a USC player ever. I guess that says something (perhaps unfortunate) about USC. Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: